Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

Was told that they have NTL. If true then broadband should not be a problem right.
They have GAS boilers instead of ELECTRIC. It is costly. Is it safe? Will there be constant supply in future?
Any comments please?

I'm delighted they have gas - I had it in the last place I owned and its great. It is a small bit more expensive than having the one ESB bill, but its hard for me to compare as its been a couple of years and obviously prices have risen. But its just so convenient and pretty instant - the heating is anyway and the water heats up alot quicker.

Hi all
Well I'm finally in! It's v quiet. The gas boilers are ace - had hot water in no time. Unfortunately I can't get cold water in the kitchen but suppose you can't have everything!

Hi all
Well I'm finally in! It's v quiet. The gas boilers are ace

I second that, enough hot water for a shower in about 15 minutes, big improvement from 40 mins in my last place.

I wonder how many have to move in before they carpet the halls?

Also pondering if the "water feature" is ever going to be turned on and what fantastic things it might do.

G.

I wonder how many have to move in before they carpet the halls?

Also pondering if the "water feature" is ever going to be turned on and what fantastic things it might do.

G.

I wouldn't hold your breath for either. Could do with some extra bins downstairs too.

Does anyone know what shops are going to be on the ground floor?

I've just been talking to the developer, who has spoken to the person in charge of wiring the building for NTL, and I have been assured that the building is, in fact, wired for broadband.

We've emailed NTL twice, call them six times, been promised a call back and not received it five times, and then were finally told that we couldn't get broadband, which turns out to be complete bull.

I've been promised that somebody somewhere will sort something out. Maybe I'll even get a call back.

G.

Hi gcooke,

I received this morning the reply to an email I sent a few days ago to NTL and they said all their services are available for this area and we can contact them to place an order so I suppose this should be sorted. Fingers crossed

I think it's more likely to be a Spar/Centra/Londis to be honest. It's not big enough for the larger supermarkets. I can tell you it's definitely not Superquinn.

G.

Hi Guys,

Did any of you buy apartment in Block "A"? I just wonder if do you know when is that due for completion?
It seems to be very hard to get any information from selling agents.
Thanks,

RE:Broadband at Herberton

When we bought, we were told that the building had Sky and NTL and was wired for phone, TV and broadband. You would presume that that means it’s wired for NTL broadband, right?

Speaking of things promised, how's this working out for anyone moved in so far?

"Up to the minute technology package from Sound Innovations to include central wiring for high speed wireless internet access, home entertainment, telephone, television and surround sound."

Has anyone been in contact with Sound Innovations about their services and are there actually speakers in the ceilings as in the show apartments?

Hi Guys,

Did any of you buy apartment in Block "A"? I just wonder if do you know when is that due for completion?
It seems to be very hard to get any information from selling agents.
Thanks,

Hello, Ive bought in Block A, and I as told about a forthnight ago that it will be "well into the New Year" so I'm thinking March!! They put all their efforts into Block F the last couple of Months to get it ready for the DIT students - not that they will admit to that!!!

There will also be a spar/londis and also a dunnes or Tesco as the space is massive. According to the foreman they are in final talks with them

This would be very good indeed if it works out, but how are they going to provide parking for a Tesco or Dunnes without opening up the whole carpark?

G.

Speaking of things promised, how's this working out for anyone moved in so far?

"Up to the minute technology package from Sound Innovations to include central wiring for high speed wireless internet access, home entertainment, telephone, television and surround sound."

Has anyone been in contact with Sound Innovations about their services and are there actually speakers in the ceilings as in the show apartments?

I emailed them several weeks ago - not heard a peep back! I thought they would have been going for the hard sell but not even had so much as a brochure through the door.

I emailed them several weeks ago - not heard a peep back! I thought they would have been going for the hard sell but not even had so much as a brochure through the door.

I left messages and they never called back. When I checked before we moved in, their website didn't work and their email address didn't exist. I'm not sure what the situation is now.

Looks like all's sorted finally with NTL alright. I've never dealt with a company this incompetent. Of course, it's not up any running just yet.

G.

And there are no speakers in the ceiling then I'm guessing?

Wow, all the things that made me want to buy in Herberton and they were all empty promises from the developers... I shouldn't be surprised. :) Tell me you at least have the heated towel rails!

NTL called today and offered me a slot tomorrow morning for installation - I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised by their customer service. Time will tell what happens tomorrow though :)

Back