Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

Hi all
Has anyone checked out any of the pubs in Rialto village yet?

The Bird Flanagan would be the nearest. They've a good mix of people. They have the sports screens, karaoke (which I hate but each to their own), every second Tuesday have a few people in doing Irish trad. For smokers, they have a big heated yard in the back.

Its also the venue for table quizzes for local fundraisers - a good way to get to know the locals.

I'm a little biased - its me local :)

Yes, Ennis butchers is excellent. Great selection and very nice in there as well. They'll tell you exactly how to cook something if you need to know. :)

Thanks. I can now agree. Their T-Bone steak is really good. Expensive, but delicious.

(perfectly cooked to medium rare t-bone steak: season with s&p, let sit for half and hour, fry for 3 mins a side in a very hot dry pan, then put in oven at 200C for 5 mins. lovely.)

Graham.

Hi all,

Just found out today that Superquinn has pulled out and so far no shops. Anyone else got any info?

Just found out today that Superquinn has pulled out and so far no shops. Anyone else got any info?

Where did you get this info from? Sq are opening a new store at Huston Station so I have huge doubts that they were ever interested in Herberton. Though I'd love to have them below, I doubt this was ever going to happen.

It probably won't be long until we get a Spar or Centra type shop, but considering that most of the commercial spaces under apartment blocks all through Dolphin's Barn and Cork St have sat unsold for a couple of years and that area has much higher footfall, it's probably going to be a long time before we get more than one convenience store.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

PS has anyone heard anything about the water feature? It's been mute forever. The last time they cleaned it they were half-arsed, so now it just looks dirty.

G.

Re the water feature, the week before I moved in one of the builders was trying to empty it using a dustpan from a dustpan and brush set! Must have taken him days!

Does anyone know if they plan to put in more waste areas - a bit of a trek from our block, especially as it's a tad creepy down there.

Re: Rialto supermarkets

Have just moved to Rialto. Was browsing daft ads and saw this:

"5 mins walk to LUAS stop at Rialto.
6 mins walk to Tesco and Dunnes Stores."

The house is described as off SCR, Rialto.

Where on earth are Dunnes and Tesco hiding in Rialto? How far can a tall fit man walk in 6 minutes?

(http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=3654&s[mnp]
=&s[mxp]=&s[room_type]=either&s[gender]=&s[move_in_date]
=0&s[available_for]=&s[search_type]=sharing&s[transport]=&s[advanced]
=&s[price_per_room]=&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=486116)

Try it - you may be surprised how close it is (Crumlin Shopping Centre to the SCR is part of my daily walk to/from work)

The management company is ODPM O'Dwyer Property Management Ltd. - www.odpm.ie

1 bed apartments - €1,137.23
2 bed apartments - €1,592.13
3 bed apartments - €2,047.02
1 bed simplexes - €992.43
2 bed duplexes - €868.29
3 bed duplexes - €1,116.37

Plus anyone who buys a car space in the underground car park will have to pay a further €300.00 on top of that.

I live in Block B. Is there any security in that buidling?, because it happens (lately very often) that some youngsters make a terrible noises in front of the building, gathering at night or very late evening and destroy what they find on their way, like: entryphone camera glass or other things....it becomes to be very annoying.

I live in Block B. Is there any security in that buidling?, because it happens (lately very often) that some youngsters make a terrible noises in front of the building, gathering at night or very late evening and destroy what they find on their way, like: entryphone camera glass or other things....it becomes to be very annoying.

There is general site security but I'm not sure what their remit is. I know the students down the road can make a racket while getting the late LUAS into town.
I have noticed there is mess every morning outside the door I use and there seems to have been something smeared over the camera lens.
I know now that the key fob accesses both front doors so I tend to avoid and use the other door, just in case they try and get in behind me.

Herberton - bathroom radiator problem

I've just moved in to Herberton and am in the process of getting the remaining items on my snag list dealt with.

The radiator in the bathroom does not have a shutoff valve fitted that would allow me to turn it on or off. I have checked with one of the other residents and a number of the other, as yet, unoccupied apartments in my "core" - all, bar two (mine and another one) have a shutoff valve fitted, as you would expect on a radiator.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could I ask you to post here letting me know whether your bathroom radiator can be turned on/off or not?

Thanks,

Liam

Hey. Do you mean the towel-rail-radiator? If so, our intake and output valves are at the bottom right and left. You can use these to adjust the flow of water through the radiator and also shut if off if required.

G.

Re: Towel Radiator Fitting - Herberton

Hey. Do you mean the towel-rail-radiator? If so, our intake and output valves are at the bottom right and left. You can use these to adjust the flow of water through the radiator and also shut if off if required.

G.

Yes, G., I mean the towel radiator. Photos here (SETUP A)of what I have (at BOTH ends of the radiator):

Photos here: ([broken link removed]) of what I should have (note the dial which allows me to adjust the flow of water into the radiator) and what I actually have.

Could anyone who reads this post here or pm me to let me know whether they have A (no regulator) or B (regulator)?

Liam

My towel radiator is the same as yours in those photos. You change the in/out valves with an adjustable wrench. Works fine.

Back