Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

Hey all, Finally got keys for apt! Delighted! Going to start moving in this w/e. Just wondering does anybody have Irish Broadband service? We have it in existing apartment on Patrick Street {even though they say they don't cover the area with broadband]...interested to know if anyone has it...also NTL is coming in at what price?

NTL called today and offered me a slot tomorrow morning for installation - I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised by their customer service. Time will tell what happens tomorrow though :)

Sounds like they have everything in place now. NTL are grand if things go to plan, but if you have any out-of the ordinary problems, they fall apart into a pile of unfulfilled promises and buck-passing. Our foreman was saying that he had the same experience with NTL at his end.

Their product, however, is excellent. NTL broadband is by far the cheapest and (in my experience) most reliable on the market. Certainly better then Irisn Broadband. Prices on their website.

G.

Hey all, Finally got keys for apt! Delighted! Going to start moving in this w/e. Just wondering does anybody have Irish Broadband service? We have it in existing apartment on Patrick Street {even though they say they don't cover the area with broadband]...interested to know if anyone has it...also NTL is coming in at what price?

Congrats Naidy - hope all goes well with the move. Is still v quiet round here. I've gone with NTL - most competitive on price for TV, broadband and telephone package.

Hey,

I have bought an apartment in block A and I was just wondering if anybody that has bought an apartment in Block B could let me know if their apartment was wall mounted for Flatscreen TV's as was advertised. Does this mean that any flatscreen i buy will fit successfully where the wall mounting has been set up?

Are both the living room and both bedrooms set up with wall mounting or just the living room?

I haven't moved in yet but what I remember from when I was last in the apartment there is no mount on the wall, but the wiring is all behind the wall and the box to connect the TV is in the middle of the wall - maybe about half way up? And in the bedroom also I think.

Hey,

I have bought an apartment in block A and I was just wondering if anybody that has bought an apartment in Block B could let me know if their apartment was wall mounted for Flatscreen TV's as was advertised. Does this mean that any flatscreen i buy will fit successfully where the wall mounting has been set up?

Are both the living room and both bedrooms set up with wall mounting or just the living room?

This information is not correct, at least for our block. You need to get your own TV mount. If you get NTL TV or broadband the connection box is, as Havana says, half-way up the wall. If you get sky, the connection box is down at the bottom of the wall and you'll either need to feed the cables behind the plasterboard or run them along the wall to go to sky decoder and then TV. All rooms are wired for surround sound with several speaker ports going up to a cable hub beside your fuse box. It is possible to send an audio signal from the hub to any room in the house. It is also possible to get a cable feed directly from this hub so, for example, you can hide your cable modem and router and their power supplies away rather than have lots of cables trailing behind your TV, though this can be a bit tricky to do.

Mounting a 32" flatscreen TV onto plasterboard, however, is a problem we've not yet solved. Anyone done this?

G.

I am in the process of buying a 2 bed apt in Block B and have just got the call to snag the apartment. I want to be there when the snag is done to measure up for flooring etc plus Dad wants a good look around the apartment but the guy who is snagging the apartment said that he would prefer to be there on his own to do the snag without being interrupted. What did you guys do when you did your snag?

Thanks

I am in the process of buying a 2 bed apt in Block B and have just got the call to snag the apartment. I want to be there when the snag is done to measure up for flooring etc plus Dad wants a good look around the apartment but the guy who is snagging the apartment said that he would prefer to be there on his own to do the snag without being interrupted. What did you guys do when you did your snag?

Thanks

?? My snagger didn't mind that I couldn't make it til nearer the end of the snag (it took him 3 hours in the end!). He wanted me there at some point though so he could explain every single item on the list - all 127 of them.
I have a 2 bed in Block B also and there is plenty enough room to work around each other. V. strange.
I wanted to ask how people are getting on with curtains on the patio doors. There isn't a whole lot of wall either above or to the side.
Thanks.

I wanted to ask how people are getting on with curtains on the patio doors. There isn't a whole lot of wall either above or to the side.
Thanks.

We found it impossible to get ready-made curtains to fit the windows, and couldn't afford to have them custom made. In the end, we made a second journey to Ikea where they have many curtains with a 3m drop that you trim to size.

We also bought a double curtain rail that fits nicely into the space available for mounting.

Check out their site.

G.

We found it impossible to get ready-made curtains to fit the windows, and couldn't afford to have them custom made. In the end, we made a second journey to Ikea where they have many curtains with a 3m drop that you trim to size.

We also bought a double curtain rail that fits nicely into the space available for mounting.

Check out their site.

G.

I have curtains from Harry Corry that fit but they need a pole. There is a shop in Crumlin that sell recess brackets for the wall but I think the pole has too big a diameter to fit the space above the window.

Herberton - Block B - location of gas/ESB meters

Hi,

I've bought in Block B and have someone coming to do the snag list tomorrow (16.10.2008).

Can anyone tell me where the gas and ESB meters are located? I'd like to check the readings on them before I move in.

Thanks,

Liam

Gas meters are beside the entrance to block B (29 st j w) in basement. to get to esb meters from here take next entrance forward along the fence for the builder's car park, go through 2 doors and take the right the door into the esb meters room. I think this is correct.
G.

Hi,

Does anyone have the phone number of the foreman for Herberton? (Dermot/Diarmuid, I think?) Feel free to PM it to me if you'd rather not post it.

Thanks a lot.

Just at the re-snagging stage and was wondering if anyone could tell how they put a shower screen on the bath, as there seems to be an over hang on the marble ledge that wont allow this. Also does anyone know where a alarm panel can be connected to as there doesn't seem to be a blank box in the wall inside the door for this.
Thanks

Hi there,
I have bought in Block A and have been told by the agent that we should be called in to do the snag by the second week in December. Has anyone else heard anything different?I am starting to think that it is just something for them to say when people call as we have been told many times that it would be July, then September, then late October and now Dec!

>Does anyone know if the students from DIT have moved into block F yet?

Yep, they've been in for weeks. Students from Trinity too. No noise or problems.

>Has anyone checked out any of the pubs in Rialto village yet?

The Bird Flanagan is good for a local. Wednesday is Lady's Night and there's a couple of dozen grey-haired oul ones and a terrible plump cheesy DJ who asks quiz questions, so that's probably best avoided! Haven't been to the other pub.

Anyone tried the organic butchers in the village?

G.

Back