Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

Gosh, that's very soon Naidy. Can you keep us posted please and let us know if they're in contact?

Thanks. :)

Yes, please, keep us updated. There are a lot of people waiting for the call to snag. Our contract for our rented apartment finishes at the end of June.

I went to visit Herberton on Saturday. Progress looks good- all the landscaping is done, the building looks almost finished externally. We sneaked beyond the official open areas, and the carpet on the internal stairs stops after the second floor, and floors after that are not carpeted or finished in the corridors. Only some apartments that we saw have the heating control panels installed. It could be a while...

I'm waiting for one of the duplexes on floors 3 and 4. There were plenty of people looking around the duplexes while we were there but they'll be unfortunate to find them all sold.

G.

I've been informed today that I can snag anytime this week. There are some common area things still to be sorted but the apartments are ready to go so they are going to do the snagging while these are getting sorted in order to save time.

So it shouldn't be too long now!!!

More info from estate agent, not sure how much truth is in it, but he said they are currently snagging apartments and trying to close on the first core. This is all the apartments that you get to through the enterance on the left as you face the building. They'll then proceed to close on the second core, the one on the right hand side, and then to the other four cores. Our apartment is in the second core.

G.

That sounds about right. It also means that I'll be one of the last to snag as I'm at the back. :-( And would explain why the EAs are so vague every time I ask about a date for the snagging!

I believe now that the bars and restaurants advertised for the development won't go ahead and the units will be retail only. Estate agents told us this yesterday.

Hello, I have bought a 2 bed in Block A, I would be very interested to know if anyone else has more details on the above, because as far as I know there are very few bars or restaurants in the area?

Snagging tomorrow - but I'm at the back too - so no idea how come I've got called to snag at this stage! Oh well, won't complain. By the way it was someone from P. Elliott who rang to organise it.

Havana, how did the snagging go? Hope everything was fine. We are still waiting and no other information was given. Last time I was there two weeks ago there were plenty of things to finish in the common areas so I'm not sure when it will be ready. Hope everything is sorted soon

shifers said:
Wow, they were about 375 last year, seems to be a general 30k drop on the place. Has anyone who bought last year been offered the lower price now?

Why on earth would a developer do that???

Well I would think that if your price has dropped by 30k, you're better off letting go of the 5k deposit, and repurchasing at the new price, hence saving 25k?

'Letting go' of the deposit was something developers were happy to facilitate in a buoyant market. Those days are over. If contracts are signed then the developer can take you to court to force completion of the sale. This is far more likely to be occur if you're very obviously just after the same place at a lower price, rather than say you lost your job and can no longer afford any place at all.

Well I would think that if your price has dropped by 30k, you're better off letting go of the 5k deposit, and repurchasing at the new price, hence saving 25k?

Contract deposits are typically 5-10% of purchase price, so it would be more than 5k you would be losing.

I got a call this morning to inform me I can snag anytime so next Monday will be the day! I couldn't get much more information about dates apart from the usual "four weeks" so we'll see. Hopefully it won't take too long!

I've also recieved a call to snag next week (Wed) which is good news. The estate agent mentioned something about problems with paperwork that need to be finalised before closing, but that they're getting snagging out of the way anyway. Hopefully this won't take too long.

Hi there,

I've just received a call from Dublin City Co. Council.

I've been selected for a 2 bed in this development.

I've read the pros and cons given by everyone here, am still deciding over it.

Of those of you that have already bought 2 bed apartments in this development can you PM me please?

I'd like any info you have available about the layout and size of these apartments.

Thanks.

We did our snag week before last - anyone else getting called to snag? Hopefully it'll be finished by July =)
Whose buying in block b?

Hi Jackaviper... i think the apts are great. I'm from the area and I think it will be fine. Yes there's gonna be kids hanging around but I pass the development every day going and coming from work and there's mainly respectable ppl living around there now.
The apartments are between 60 and 80 sq foot - We're delighted with ours. Definitely worth getting into if u can. The apartments are equipped for all your technological gadgets... wall controllers for playing mp3s and radio throughout the entire place, pre wired for TV, Sky, wall mounted TV etc. The structural engineer who did our snag was very impressed with the finish - and the builders hadn't actually finished ours to snag standard. They got the numbers mixed up and had finished another apartment for us by mistake.

Hope you can make a decision - best of luck

Back