Nintendo Wii - Where to buy?

Re: Nintendo Wii - Where to Buy

Came across this one, which looks promising: [broken link removed]

Sorry to hijack post but anybody know anywhere I can get a 60g PS3..as i hear they are going out of production and they can play PS2 games..

My Wii arrived today from [broken link removed] !!!
Ordered it on 21/11, we had an email to say it was dispatched on 29/11 and it was delivered well under the 10-12 days they'd estimated.

Haven't had a chance to even have a detailed look at the box yet, had to just whip it up into the attic, but it all looks good so far!!

€299 all up including delivery - couldn't be happier!!

Hi all, just to let you know my Wii arrived today from scoregame.net
am sooooooooooooooooo happy. Ordered it on the 22nd Nov. :)

wow, thats great news, Will you all keep your fingers crossed that I recieve mine.. no sign of it yet!
Deew

Hi MB05, thanks for that - I managed to get one from Game Stop in Gorey. They got 18 in and there were about 60 people in the queue (I had to queue for 4 hours), so some left disappointed.

If anyone else is looking for one, Game Stop Gorey are hoping to get another delivery in this week on Thursday or Friday.

I originally got mine from Argos, I wasn't able to reserve it online but I went into the store and checked the stock computers there - they didn't have any in stock but it did come up with a delivery date three days in the future, I just reserved it at the cash register and picked it up three days later. (Prior to that I had been to every games and toy shop in Dublin City Centre it seemed!)

I heard recently that people were able to get them on Amazon Germany and France - apparently there are more Wiis going to the Continent than the UK and Ireland. Might be worth a try.

Nice one delgirl. For anyone else still looking I was in Games Stop in Stephen's Green yesterday and every second person was asking for them. The staff repeatedly told them that they didn't know when they were getting them in but when they did get deliverlies it was usually on Thursdays or Fridays so check back then. They refused point blank to reserve them they just advised them to try again on Thursday morning.

Just to let people know, It arrived this morning in the post. Thank God the search is over!!!

Does anybody know if a Nintendo Wii from the US will work in Ireland?

I have a sudden and unexpected opportunity to get a friend to get one in the US!! What difficulties, if any, are there with using a US version here? From research it also seems that the price is about the same in US$ as in €, ie, about US$250 in USA or about €250 here. Does this seem right, as I want to give the approximate amount before friend leaves. Many thanks

Hi, all just wanted to let you know that my nintendo wii was delivered this morning from scoregame.net. THANK GOD!!
I hear that they now have none left!!
Regards
Deew

I have a sudden and unexpected opportunity to get a friend to get one in the US!! What difficulties, if any, are there with using a US version here? From research it also seems that the price is about the same in US$ as in €, ie, about US$250 in USA or about €250 here. Does this seem right, as I want to give the approximate amount before friend leaves. Many thanks

I understood that they were impossible to find in the US at this time of year?

Maybe you're right, but we'll try anyway! But are there any issues using a US version here?

I bought the Wii in Tesco in Oct, and last Sunday set it up while i had a free house just make sure it all worked with flat screen etc.
its a joy to set up! and wireless to internet simple( could have joined neighbours eircom connection)
did take about 15mins to d/l updated software from Nintendo.

Also , think anyone getting it, with more than one( small) child ,should get the extra controls and addons to avoid rows!

back in box now cant wait for xmas!

( minor sholder problems next morningfrom over zealous bowling)

Hi, Re the extra controls etc, I got a lot of these extras,like the gun, nunchuk, bat ,fishing rod and memory for really good price on a site called
uxcell.com I havent recieved delivery yet, but they have emailed me to say it was shipped yesterday. Might be worth taking a look at this site to compare prices.
Rgds
deew

they have them in gamestop today (Clarehall) but be prepared to join the Q

Maybe you're right, but we'll try anyway! But are there any issues using a US version here?
The main problem would be the different voltage of the transformer - the US using 110V and Europe being 220/230V. Compact consoles these days work using an external transformer, that way the console itself is universal and only the transformer supplied in the box varies from market to market.
IMO it would be difficult to get hold of a 220/230V transformer outside of buying a new console locally... Warranty could also be a problem.

Heard on the radio this morning that Gamestop have a shippment arriving in store today/tomorrow, which most likely means Smyths etc will also get hold of new stock.

There are hundreds of Nintendo Wii arriving this week in Ireland. Smyths are taking orders tomorrow for them, 6.00am in Carrickmines or 9.00am in City Centre €50 deposit needed to secure. Argos also have a shipment coming in as do all the other stores like Gamestop etc.

The panic is over. You will easily get one

Mine had been dispatched from Gamescore so fingers crossed like other posters it will arrive next week.

Sorry to hijack post but anybody know anywhere I can get a 60g PS3..as i hear they are going out of production and they can play PS2 games..

Check Argos web-site. You can check individual stores to see if they have it in stock, and if so, reserve for collection. Got one in Argos Dundrum last week.

Back