Nintendo Wii - Where to buy?

Re: Nintendo Wii - Where to Buy

Hi all, I have just phoned scoregame, and it turns out the delivery charge is 40 euro.For those of you who have ordered from this company, and you paid around 265 euro, then this would have included 16.99 delivery and you only pay the balance to make up the 40 euro.In other words its not an extra 40 euro , it is in fact 23 extra.They have said there are no problems and will defo have it before Christmas...regards
Deew

Game Stop in Stephens green shopping centre are advertising the Wii. Lots of deals. Not sure of numbers but lots of signs in the windows

I bought the console from the french website yesterday. Thanks for the info. Hopefully it'll arrive with no hiccups!

They are available on ebay also, new and used

Last edited by a moderator:

Game Stop in Stephens green shopping centre are advertising the Wii. Lots of deals. Not sure of numbers but lots of signs in the windows

I phoned one or two Gamestop shops recently and they said that they never know exactly when they are getting stock in. They just check the deliveries each day. They got a delivery recently which sold out within a few hours.

Hi, I would imagine that the first thing anyone would do when looking for the wii is to google the availability of it. So we do know its for sale on amazon, but have you seen the prices they are looking for!! I think what most are looking for is the wii at a reasonable price and suggestions as to how to get one, but not at any price!!Most of us in that position have done just that and decided not to buy from ebay or amazon based on the very high price.
deew

Has anyone managed to find a Wii console? I was in Dublin at the weekend and all the shops were completely out of stock. Argos doesn't have any and are not expecting them back in again before Christimas and I've tried shops in Bray, Wicklow, Arklow and Gorey with no luck.

If anyone knows where I could get one, I'd be grateful for the info.

A friend is going to the States next week - does anyone know if a Wii bought in the States will work with our TV system here and will play games purchased in Ireland?

Thanks!

Happened to catch a piece on Today FM (Ray Foley) on Friday where they said they were starting a "Daily Weekly Wii Watch"..... started as weekly until one of them realised it'd have to be more common than that to be of any use.

They gave an e-mail address for anyone who knows where Wii's are currently available or companies who have them in stock to get in touch... ([email protected]). The first company mentioned, I've forgotten the name, were based in Ballina, Co. Mayo and had approx 50 Wii's in stock. I assume this will continue up until Christmas, so may be of help to some still searching.

(As an aside, I spotted signs in "Game" in the Mahon Point shopping centre (Cork) over the weekend saying they would have them back in stock shortly. No date given however.)

Thanks for the info Setanta and for the humour Dr M! It's an unfortunte name - I've been asking friends who don't know what a Wii is, if they know where I can get one - I've had some colourful answers. :)

I recently heard a 5 year old tell his mother that he was bursting for a nintendo !

HMV in Grafton St. had them in today. Still had some at lunchtime so if you are quick you might get one.

Thanks for the info MB05 - I just phoned them and they're sold out again. :(

They couldn't say if they'd be getting any more in before Christmas.

The lack of information and unwillingness of the various outlets to take deposits or full payment in advance when they know they are getting more stock in is incredible and is very frustrating.

Sorry to hear that delgirl. When I saw the sign in the window I went in and enquired. The girl at the counter told me that they got 60 in this morning but that they were nearly all gone. I asked her if they were getting any more in before Christmas and she said it was impossible to tell as they were waiting on that 60 for ages.

If I see the sign again I will post as soon as I can. Work has the site blocked so I can't post until I get home.

Hi, From what I can see they have them in stock. I have asked for a quick delivery, so delivery charge a bit higher.For confirmation ,check the web site.
Regards Deew
Hi I have just ordered today from gamescore, dont have a great deal of French, did they tell you how long for delivery?

Thanks

Hi, Has anyone recieved their wii :) from scoregame yet ? I phoned them on tues and they say it will be here in 8 days as they have over 3000 orders from the UK and Ireland.You can go onto the site and check the progress of your order once you have recived your email confirmation.
Anyone having trouble with French , should go on to Bable fish, where you can have it translated.
Rgds
deew

Hi, Has anyone recieved their wii :) from scoregame yet ? I phoned them on tues and they say it will be here in 8 days as they have over 3000 orders from the UK and Ireland.You can go onto the site and check the progress of your order once you have recived your email confirmation.
Anyone having trouble with French , should go on to Bable fish, where you can have it translated.
Rgds
deew

I just ordered one yesterday from them, so still waiting on my email asking for the extra delivery charge. I'm a bit nervous about it coming in time for Christmas:( . I was in GAME on Dawson St today (Gertting Tiger Woods for Wii) and they have none (even though they have come in there the last 3 thursdays) but they told me that HMV in Grafton Street got some in yesterday, and I heard there are some in Xtravision in Maynooth.

Hi, I think there are a lot of nervous people waiting on their wiis:)...
I will post as soon as I get any more information re delivery, at the moment Im expecting it to arrive around the 10th of Dec or before.At that stage if it hasnt arrived I will have to get something else :(.
Must thank nintendo for all the hassle their lack of product has caused!! The weird thing is that Im still seeing them advertised which I think is really unfair, if in fact they are not available.
rgds
deew

Hi, i placed an order with scoregame last Wednesday 21/12, €249 for the console, plus €50 for freight (requested by email for them the next day), so €299 all up. So far the order has progressed to the 'en préparation' stage, still awaiting dispatch. My wife thinks it's a scam and we will never see a Wii. I however remain hopeful!! Nothing debited from the VISA as yet, which they say would not be charged until the item was dispatched.
So, like deew, waiting to see when anyone confirms their Wii has arrived...

Back