Nintendo Wii - Where to buy?

Re: Nintendo Wii - Where to Buy

Hi all, I posted some infor about uxcell.com as I had ordered a number of wii accs from them. well I wouldnt recommend it. The items were delivered today and I was charged an extra 80 euro for UPS. vat.stuff not great either!
deew

Re: Nintendo Wii - Warning Do not buy from ALAPAGE!

There are hundreds of Nintendo Wii arriving this week in Ireland. Smyths are taking orders tomorrow for them, 6.00am in Carrickmines or 9.00am in City Centre €50 deposit needed to secure. Argos also have a shipment coming in as do all the other stores like Gamestop etc.

The panic is over. You will easily get one

Mine had been dispatched from Gamescore so fingers crossed like other posters it will arrive next week.

Well done Dubliner 16.....read your post yesterday at work and booked mine hassle-free at Smyths on the way home for pick up next week. Total price €300 with Sports and one free game. OK I guess.

This was after being messed around since November 28th by those unhelpful idiots at They couldnt process my credit card so I paid by bank transfer for which Ulster Bank insisted on charging €24. Then they cancelled my order because they mistakenly couldnt locate my bank transfer until eventually after several broken-French phonecalls for over a week they then admitted the funds had arrived but now they were out of stock...grrrr! WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM ALAPAGE.COM

I saw an 'IN STOCK' sign for Wii bundle in Gamestop Liffey Street yesterday afternoon.

I got one in Argos in the Jervis Centre today - not sure if they have more but it's worth checking.

I got one in Gamestop Liffey Street and OH got one at same time in Gamestop Henry Street so they are def coming in and there was only a handful of people looking for them while I was getting mine. Maybe hopefully the big panic is over;)

Check Argos web-site. You can check individual stores to see if they have it in stock, and if so, reserve for collection. Got one in Argos Dundrum last week.

Argos are only doing the 40gig ones now, I'd imagine stocks of the 60gig are exhausted everywhere as they stopped production early October.
Leo

Argos are only doing the 40gig ones now, I'd imagine stocks of the 60gig are exhausted everywhere as they stopped production early October.
Leo

Leo I think you are getting confused with the ps3 as the wii only comes in one type.

Leo I think you are getting confused with the ps3 as the wii only comes in one type.

Me? Confused? Never! I was replying to npgallag/waom who specifically asked about the ps3.

What's the catch ?

Does anyone know how come the Wii is cheaper here than in the US, UK and France ?

In the UK it seems to be listing at about £260, in the US it is about $560 (€380, even given the good exchange rate), amazon.fr is about €350 and yet here it is €269 in Argos and Smyths.

I'm all for good value, but . . . what's the catch ?

zz

Might be that they are not available in Argos?
deew

Was in Smyths in Tralee yesterday and there are loads of Wii's available there and they are getting in another 150 of them on Friday. I bought the sports bundle with console for €269.

deew - they were on the Argos catalog yesterday and before that. I know because I was checking to see if any of them had stock. Today for some reason I can't seem to find the Wii in the Argos catalog.

z

hi,they have been in the catalog foe ages now, but anytime ive checked their online store they have been out of stock since I started checking which I think was near the end of Nov...

They are advertised in the latest mail shot from Viking. It might be worth checking out.

I have a sudden and unexpected opportunity to get a friend to get one in the US!! What difficulties, if any, are there with using a US version here? From research it also seems that the price is about the same in US$ as in €, ie, about US$250 in USA or about €250 here. Does this seem right, as I want to give the approximate amount before friend leaves. Many thanks

Hopefully this isn't too late for you, but the wii is region locked like most DVD players are. Therefore it would be region coded for US games only and won't play games sold for the European market. You can probably get it hacked or chipped, but that would invalidate your warranty (it might not come with one if imported anyway).

Just phoned Viking - and they don't have any in stock.

Dire state of affairs attempting to pick-up one of these bad buys.

Been lurking around Dublin city centre since Friday trying to pick one up, to no avail... "we expect them in at the end of the week", "the morning time is your best shot to come in and get one", "no sir, we don't except bribes." I'm not joking about the last quote either!

Nicole Kidman... Philip Scofield... are all off my Christmas list.

A USA website... delivers to Ireland in 3-5 working days. Would there be a serious problem with the games being compatible for the DS / Wii?

Just noticed Sylvester3's post. That knocks the wii on the head. Is the same applicable for the DS?

Just bought a wii on [broken link removed]. 5 day delivery. Ridiculous price tho...€430...but im desperate!!

Ordered one last night in Symths carrickmines. Should be delivered by friday week €265. You have to buy another game so total is €300. They had a few more spaces for order. €50 deposit

Back