Nintendo Wii - Where to buy?

Re: Nintendo Wii - Where to Buy

Still searching, Game Stop Clare Hall does not have them and it seems there is after all the same shortage of supply as last year. Groan. Will keep you posted. Where is Komplett please?

True have a look here [broken link removed]

DEC 13th 147 units expected in stock.

I have used them before and found them to be reliable but I think there might be a thread somewhere about them on this site if people want to check them out for themselves. It is the only place I know that is taking orders.

I called into the "Game" shop on Lower Dawson St. yesterday and asked when they expect to get the Wii Console in. My son didn't even ask for one for x-mas but I thought I would susprise him with a Wii if I could find one. I was told that they were launching a new Wii game at 6 p.m tonight Thursday, and they will be selling the Wii consoles on a first come first served basis at that time also.I also heard the staff advising the same thing other customers who asked too.

So I went there at 4.45p.m today and there were 5 people in a Queue outside. I asked at the counter if that was the Queue for the Wii consoles and was advised "No, that is the queue for the New Game only. We don't have any consoles". It was the same guy I spoke to yesterday and basically he had lied to me and loads of others just to get us back to the shop(and probably spread the lie to others, which thankfully I didn't).

later when they answered the phone at 5.30 p.m. another staff member said they did have consoles. When I told him what happened earlier he just tried to worm his way out of it and said they might have a few.

They are a pathetic shower of Liars and I will never set foot in the Place again.

There is a saying "There is no such thing as bad publicity" but that is the worst form of it. The manager in there is a complete and utter a**hole.

Thankfully my son wanted a DS Lite anyway,but I am sure others will be very disappointed tonight.

The Wii is available from Amazon.co.uk

Fine - but that is no good to someone in Ireland - Amazon won't deliver stuff like consoles here. [broken link removed]

Hi all, Great news, ( NO, not world peace,sorry ) but,but, I finally managed to get the nintendo wii!!
[broken link removed] its the french version of game, if you dont understand the language, just open another tab , type in , blackle, then search for Bable fish, then whatever you dont understand just copy it and paste it into bable fish, and they will translate it from French to English for you. The total cost was 265 euro (inc delivery ) and the cost to my peace of mind is.......PRICELESS.. Merry Christmas to all you "wii ers ".
Deew

do you have any idea of the delivery timescale from france...are the consoles in stock??

Hi, From what I can see they have them in stock. I have asked for a quick delivery, so delivery charge a bit higher.For confirmation ,check the web site.
Regards Deew

I found a couple of European sites that had Wiis in stock - and they deliver to Ireland.
The Wiis are the same as you would buy here - you just need an adaptor plug (2 pin to 3 pin) more details here ....
[broken link removed]

Hi, From what I can see they have them in stock. I have asked for a quick delivery, so delivery charge a bit higher.For confirmation ,check the web site.
Regards Deew

I ordered the Wii from the above yesterday and got an email today seeking 40 euro extra for drlivery to ireland. is this the same extra you paid to get prompt delivery. still worth it even with the extra 40 euro as none of the irish shops are willing to give an estimated timeframe.

I was in Smyths in Fonthill last night & they had a sign up saying they were taking booking for the Wii today.

I ordered the Wii from the above yesterday and got an email today seeking 40 euro extra for drlivery to ireland. is this the same extra you paid to get prompt delivery. still worth it even with the extra 40 euro as none of the irish shops are willing to give an estimated timeframe.

i booked from the same website yesterday, chose quick delivery, totalled out at 265 yo-yos...... no email looking for more money yet....

every digit i have is crossed that this works out,.....

i booked from the same website yesterday, chose quick delivery, totalled out at 265 yo-yos...... no email looking for more money yet....

every digit i have is crossed that this works out,.....

Just to clarify - which site is the "same website" - is it the Gamescore one or one of the others mentioned in my previous link?

Hi all , Ive just got an email looking for this extra 40 euro for delivery outside of Ireland..Im gonna pay it as Id imagine its the same for them all.We could get lucky and end up with no problems with getting it in Ireland in December, but for peace of mind ,Id rather pay the extra..
Deew

Just to clarify - which site is the "same website" - is it the Gamescore one or one of the others mentioned in my previous link?

well i got the email looking for the 40euro from the scoregame.net site as mentioned in deew's post.

Back