EBS EBS update Dec 2017

I won't be surprised if they don't send out the letters until 19th! when it comes to taking money from customers they don't delay...but when returning customers own money, they hold on to it as long as they can!

So I rang the help line , they are going to make us wait it sounds until 19 th September as this is being done in batches according to the chap , I suggested they reword the initial letter from “ within 3 months “ to “at the end3 months” , as they clearly meant at the end !

By the way, if you move house, you can bring your EBS Tracker with you at a rate of ECB+ 2.05%.

Confirmed to me by an EBS adviser this week (we are looking to move, ironically given that we are finally now back on tracker!).

The lad on tracker helpline today seemed confident that letters are going out tomorrow... I will believe it when it arrives!

Just rang helpline. I currently have complaint pending review with the ombudsman. EBS tell me they have no concrete date for the end of their review, but hope to be finished by the end of the year! Very frustrating!

also rang helpline just now. verbal confirmation that letters going out today, we should we receive Friday / latest Monday.
Helpline refused to email me a copy or for me to pick it up in person. Said I could make a compliant if I wanted.

Many thanks,
BW

And we continue to wait . They must have waited to post letters at the last minute . Hopefully tomorrow's post will bring good news

I was surprised when Kissane said that he believed that only 3000 EBS accounts should be deemed impacted(500-600 have since been identified). The numbers I had seen from EBS annual reports suggested the number of impacted accounts would be many multiples of 3000 but that’s not the case & PK is probably accurate with his estimate (breakdown of EBS portfolio from 2010 attached).

Interesting to see the % of the EBS portfolio that are tracker & fixed rate accounts. Once again that magic number of 60% can be calculated (tracker + fixed rate accounts). 60% tracker portfolio was the figure identified in EBS strategic plans from 2005 (goal to have 60% by 2008) & this figure was again confirmed by non executive director Eithne Tinney in her 2016 Oireachtas appearance. EBS continue to try and claim that only 25-30% of their portfolio were trackers but all of the evidence suggests otherwise. Unless it’s another conincidence that the 60% figure can be calculated once again with these account numbers? I think not.

Attachments

• 2DB00CB3-A897-4676-AF83-BB30F6A6F4FB.png
    2DB00CB3-A897-4676-AF83-BB30F6A6F4FB.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 342
Back