Lipotrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: need advice

hi im currently considering weather to buy 2weeks lipotrim off of ebay 70pound with delivery but if i lose the weight i want, anyone know the calories i should eat after stopping the diet? any advice would be appriciated as im very very down about my weight i was 172lb then 158 but iv slowly started gaining again im now 160 :eek: id like to be 130 because im so ashamed to even go out the house sometimes.

my stats size 12-14 female 5.5 19 uk big build hourglass with extra filling

Re: need advice

trysohard said:
im so ashamed to even go out the house sometimes.

my stats size 12-14 female 5.5 19 uk big build hourglass with extra filling
Why oh why? Those stats sound fine to me!

thanks for the positive reply clubman but i just feel really gross and i feel paranoid when ppl look at me so i need to lose at least 20lb how much have you lost so far? and well done btw ;) :)

Am I right in that you are 5 foot 5, and size 12-14? I'm with ClubMan on this, you sound lovely. Women are always so hard on themselves!

Going off topic a bit - perhaps the problem is not your weight per se but rather your self confidence. What I mean is rather than concentrating on losing weight (and as a few of us have said, based on the information that you posted, it doesn't sound like you are obese or anything like that) perhaps you might be better off learning some self confidence/assertiveness/coping skills? After all if your weight is not such that it's affecting your physical health and you fail to live up to your dieting expectations then it may be your mental health that suffers (further)? Just some food (er, sorry!) for thought...

hi i understand what you are saying but i think it effects my health too as im always tired/low in energy get pains in my chest, headaches dont know if this is relevant i know also i have a confidence problem also panick attacks and social phobia fun ha ;-) but really i do need to lose the weight as i think/know it will help all of these problems even if its just a little i will be happier.

iv nearly used up a whole page sorry for taking up your space

trysohard said:
hi i understand what you are saying but i think it effects my health too as im always tired/low in energy get pains in my chest, headaches dont know if this is relevant i know also i have a confidence problem also panick attacks and social phobia fun ha ;-) but really i do need to lose the weight as i think/know it will help all of these problems even if its just a little i will be happier.

iv nearly used up a whole page sorry for taking up your space
You should check out the possibility that these issues are not related to depression or some similar illness. Especially if you suffer from panic attacks/social phobia. Diagnosis by message board is not a good idea but I would have serious reservations about you pinning great hopes on losing weight as some sort of panacea for the issues that you mention. Have you ever considered (under the guidance of your GP) pursuing a course of suitable medication (e.g. anti-depressants) and counselling to deal with some of these issues? It might be an idea checking these options out...

kellysayers said:
welldone! my friend and I are starting on thursday in the hope of some results for x mas. /do you reckon we have enough time?
In particular, I'd urge anyone 'desperate to shed the pounds/stones' to first of all forget about this kind of mindset — with no offence to the poster I'm quoting!

I've a relative (by marriage) who's battled with obesity since her teens, basically, and I can honestly say the worst phases she ever went through were the ones where she felt she had to take drastic measures — starvation diets, appetite suppressants like Lipotrim, etc. — in order to fit into that dress/not 'make a show of herself' at the forthcoming wedding/Christmas 'do'/what-have-you...

I know it's hard to separate the physical from the psychological factors, but at the end of the day weight control is about your body/your health, not other people's perceptions. You might feel that 'that's easy for me to say', etc. — given my own perfectly-honed physique (and for a man of my age, too! :D ) — but I really do get the creeps when I hear women with perfectly normal or, at worst, slightly-above-average weight/height (or BMI) stats talking about feeling 'gross'/having their lives 'ruined' etc.

Trysohard, I'm with Vanilla & Clubman here — the kind of figure you're describing sounds just about right to me. If you're experiencing other ill-health symptoms, they may very well have more to do with psychosomatic issues (as suggested by Clubman) or — and this is a factor so far unmentioned in all this weight-loss discussion — a need for a little more mild physical activity/fresh air? My sister-in-law mentioned above always made far better progress when she realised that it didn't really matter what she looked like to others in a swimsuit and got herself down to the local swimming pool once or twice a week.

i was diagnosed with depression a few years back iv tried medication 7 types, counciling, self help, lindon method, meditation, hypnotherapy these all cost me a fortune and didnt work so i now take no tablets or anything and im doing it myself trying to get better and forget about it i think losing the weight would make me feel better about myself thus give me a little more confidence to cope with life and these problems:)

i was diagnosed with depression a few years back iv tried medication 7 types, counciling, self help, lindon method, meditation, hypnotherapy these all cost me a fortune and didnt work so i now take no tablets or anything and im doing it myself trying to get better and forget about it i think losing the weight would make me feel better about myself thus give me a little more confidence to cope with life and these problems

I would urge caution before going on any drastic diet in the hope that it will sort out all your problems. I think a lot of women believe that if they could just fit a size 12 they'd be fine. Those who are size 12 think the same about a size 10 and so on....

Size has nothing to do with happiness as even at a size 10 your problems don't disappear. Granted it does feel nice when you feel you look good but you have to look at the reasons why you want to lose the weight first.
I won't cure your depression.

I think that is why this diet is administrated by pharmacists and shouldn't be bought over the web. They can analyse whether a person needs to lose the weight they imagine they do and you can be monitored. Also you should visit you doctor for other health checks before embarking on any drastic diet. sometimes feeling low and having no energy for women can be a lack of iron,thyroid problems etc....

I would urge you to seek a doctors approval first and they will only recommend this diet if you are mentally able for it and your depression is under control I would imagine.

About 4 months ago I discovered a web site called thinkrightnow.com. It sells audio programmes for issues like weight loss, self esteem, motivation to exercise, depression etc. Having previously bought Paul McKenna’s book Change your Life with accompanying CD and having listened to the CD every night for about a month - I didn’t find it made a pick of difference. So when I read stuff such as the quote below from think right now site I was really sceptical:

Finally there is a proven, simple and inexpensive way to break free of depression and all of its symptoms... without ANY negative side-effects!
Whether you are experiencing a situational bout of depression relating to some major life change, or your depression is of a more severe long-term nature, which you may be on medication for, Freedom From Depression Now! is a proven audio program that can re-pattern your habitual ways of thinking, shifting them from their current loop of gloom and despair to the most positive, optimistic and life-enhancing patterns, all while you relax or sleep.
Freedom From Depression Now!is so effective at changing habitual thought patterns that it's helped people climb out of depression so deep that they were on the verge of suicide.

However, when I read on further and discovered the CD’s came with a six month money back guarantee I decided to give a couple of them a try. I bought Eating for Excellent Health Now and I Love Exercise Now. You are advised to listen to one CD at a time every night for up to six months. I started with the health one and almost immediately I found my attitude to overeating and junk food change. I found it much easier to forego treats and snacks (especially in the evening) After about 3 weeks I switched to the exercise CD and this is the change I have found most unbelievable – I found myself getting up a 5:45am four mornings a week to workout to an exercise video. This is something I had tried to persuade myself to do for at least two years with no success. Four months on I’m still getting up to workout four mornings a week and am delighted with the results. For the first time in ages I really feel I’ve taken control of the situation and I feel great.

I’ve now started on the self esteem cd but this is such a huge area that I find it harder to measure results here as obviously as with the areas above. However, there are many testimonials on the site as to the positive effect of the other CD’s – if there’s one that covers an area you need to work on I thinks it’s worth a try.

I thinks fobs has hit the nail on the head by saying changing your size won't make you happy. Maybe instead of investing money in a diet like lipotrim, you could start with some simple steps like joining a local gym class, or going for a daily walk. If you have the time and energy to devote to one, maybe get a dog?

trysohard said:
i was diagnosed with depression a few years back iv tried medication 7 types, counciling, self help, lindon method, meditation, hypnotherapy these all cost me a fortune and didnt work so i now take no tablets or anything and im doing it myself trying to get better and forget about it i think losing the weight would make me feel better about myself thus give me a little more confidence to cope with life and these problems:)
Have you ever considered trying a course of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with a suitably trained and skilled professional? At the very least you should have a read up on it using the many books available and free resources out on the web. David D. Burns http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452281326/104-2051128-3116710?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance (The Feeling Good Handbook) is a useful guided self help course in it if you wanted to try it out yourself. But it does require some application and committment on the part of the reader/participant. Don't mean to bang on about it but if you are suffering from depression and panic attacks etc. then trying to lose weight (especially if you fail as many people do with diets) is unlikely to yield significant benefits for your overall mental and physical health. You would probably be better off persisting with looking for a suitable treatment for these mental health issues that works for you rather than pinning your hopes on a diet. Better to address things like having a relatively healthy/well balanced diet (regardless of your real or perceived issues with your weight or body image), try to get some regular light exercise, try to develop good sleeping patterns, try to use relaxation exercise and correcting negative self talk etc. in my opinion. Hope some of this is useful to you and doesn't sound too patronising or whatever...

Hi Trysohard,

I too think your stats are fine (Im female) and Im sorry you are so down on yourself. Can I ask, if you do really want to lose weight have you tried weight watchers? Lipotrim obviously works for some people Im not knocking the posters on this thread who have been successful with it, but it is a bit extreme and expensive when weight watchers seems to be a far more balanced approach. My mum, who for years was struggling with a stubborn 15lbs (nothing to do with the chocolate bars she snacked on!) was very successful at weight watchers. The 15lbs and a bit more came off relatively slowly (just under a year) but has stayed off eventhough she still has a tendency to fall off the chocolate/sweeties wagon in general her attitude to food and healthy eating is much improved and she said she never really went hungry. As my mum is an older lady she couldnt really go to gyms and just goes for a walk everyday. What ever route you choose (weightwatchers/ lipotrim etc), you should double check with your doctor first and the best of luck.

casiopea

thanks all for the replies but im ok now really its just a confidence thing because im used to being a size 10 i know it makes me sound vain but i will be a lot happier after iv lost the weight i have before and i will again iv also tried cbt this made my problems worse by bringing all my bad suppressed memories back and i couldnt cope so id rather have then locked away. im sorry im just one of them people that once they have an idea inthere head there is no stopping them im going ahead with the lipotrim soo does anyone know how to come off of it? thanks a lot x deb:D

trysohard said:
iv also tried cbt this made my problems worse by bringing all my bad suppressed memories back and i couldnt cope
I'm surprised at that. Are you sure that you're not confusing CBT with something else? CBT doesn't deal with with regressing to and analysing past issues but rather with learning skills to cope with there here and now. Fundamentally it's simply a framework to assist with thinking clearly based on actual events/facts and avoiding distortions that may normally take effect due to various personal issues. It does this by encouraging one to challenge their (often distorted) immediate assumptions, thoughts and feelings about situations by checking these against the available facts and realities of events.

yea im sure it was cbt i only went 3 times then the lady had to leave to go somewhere else she was just asking about what things had happened brought everything to the surface then she left :(

iv just bought 1wk cambridge diet next week i will buy 2 weeks of lipotrim should i lose about 1st in 3weeks also can you do 30min on treadmill a day on them is this advisable thanks?

trysohard said:
iv just bought 1wk cambridge diet next week i will buy 2 weeks of lipotrim should i lose about 1st in 3weeks also can you do 30min on treadmill a day on them is this advisable thanks?

The short answer is no. Its not advisable to lose 1st in 3 weeks. Aside from risks to your health, you run a higher chance of putting that weight back on after you complete the 3 weeks. The reason for this is that you are going for a quick fix rather than changing your lifetyle. This means in a couple of months you are back to square one and are trying yet another diet. Becoming a yo-yo dieter. Losing weight quickly and dramatically is simply not good for your heart and internal organs. Please consult your doctor.

I think trysohard you have made up your mind what you are going to do and despite all the opinions telling you it isn't a good idea I presume you will go ahead......
Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back