Lipotrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosey Joe

A friend of mine has recommended that I go on a Lipotrim diet which is monitored by some chemists. I know that I could do with losing about three stone and want to. But do any of you have any experience or comment or advice on this particular diet. Ta :eek:

Joe, if you WANT to lose weight then won't you simply commit to eating healthier and exercising?

If you need help and I assume that you are healthy but overweight, nature has all the answers. I recommend the Juice Master's books (Jason Vale), extremely cheerful. You will lose weight, feel healthier, feel very positive and lose bad habits without noticing it.

Better still, ask for help from a nutritionist, your GP.

Lipotrim and snake oil probably work very well as part of a balanced diet but you should aim for the balanced diet first.

To help with the balanced diet I would really recommend Weight Watchers.

Good luck
cas

Two of my friends did the lipotrim diet last year. Both lost in excess of 5 stone each. Both lost a lot of hair also ... which was apparently not related to the diet. After finishing the diet they are now both heavier than their original weight. I suppose it works for some people ... but I don't think it's a long term solution.

My sister did Lipotrim for 3 (or was it 4) weeks and gave up smoking at the same time (she smoked 20 a day for over 12 years). She lost 1.5 stone and 2 months later is still off the smokes and hasnt put back on the weight.

I think you need to be really determined but that goes with any diet. Its very severe but if you stick it out you will loose weight. The problem is not going back to your old ways afterwards or you will put the weight back on.

To loose weight permenantly you need to change your eating habits. There is no way around it!

Good luck.

Since giving up sport three years ago piled on three stone.

In the last year I have lost it, cut down on the booze and take up the push bike.
I cycle 20 Miles 4-5 Times a week and the weight dropped off. A freind of mine who cycles with me dose it every night and lost 2 Stone 10 lbs in 10 Months.
Give it a go it worked for us and has little impact on the body.

Good Luck

Well folks, I have been on the diet for almost two weeks now and am very happy. I have lost 12 pounds in the first week. :D The first few days were quite hard but now I am enjoying it. Maybe I am a sadist :rolleyes: I did feel tired for a few days but I am grand now. One thing I would advise people is to retain a sense of humour whilst on any diet , it does actually help. Also have a close friend txt or e-mail you a few times a day with encouragement I found this brilliant. :)
PS. Folks , a belated thank you for all the messages of encouragement as well!!

Hi

Just wondering if you are still on the lipotrim? Have been looking into it. I'm nervous about all the side effects - headaches, tiredness, sickness etc. How did you find them?

Also have heard mixed reviews about the taste of the shakes. What are they really like?

Howdy Casper, Yes I am still on the lipotrim diet , Going to get weighed on Friday. In the first two weeks I lost over 17 lbs :eek: And hopefully another 5-6 lbs on Friday. I only experienced a couple of headaches mainly during the first week. The tiredness was over the same but every few days I do feel a little tired on these days I take an early night and feel fine the next morning. The main thing is to drink a lot of water. There is a feel-good factor as well. You feel very good and in good form . This is also an encouraging fact to help you continue. I intend to continue until mid November Then going back on normal food 'til the New Year. Then back on the diet until I reach the weight I want to be. I use mainly the shakes chocolate I find the nicest vanilla and strawberry are OK but I dont like the chicken soup. you can also get peanut and coconut flapjacks. Peanut the nicest.
Casper I will send you my mobile number by pm if you want to contact me. :)

My sister used this and found that it led to constipation. The fibre plus powder stuff was useless as she ended up using three or four tablespoons with each drink and it made no difference whatsover. She gave up on it after 2 weeks.

I have been using the fibre powder as well and find it ok . There were a couple of times when I was constipated but I was putting this down to maybe forgetting to use the powder the previous day. I must ask my chemist and see if there is an alternative.

By the way last week I lost another 8 lbs. making agrand total over the first three weeks of 25 lbs. :D

I asked the sister about that and she said the Chemist advised her to take Sennacot - the laxative. She wasnt too keen on this as she saw it as a tempoary solution whereas she wanted a higher strengh fibre powder or something along those lines. The chemist told her that is the sennacot didnt work then the next step would be to take suppositories. She didnt want to go down this road especially if she was going to use the Lipotrim for a few weeks and the fibre powder which she was going through in no time, cost something like €10 per tub. So she gave it up.

Had a similar experience myself , Chemist had no fibre powder so he reccomended Senokot. Two at night one in the morning, I had the Gallops :mad: Back on fibre now doin fine ....lost 7 1/2 pounds last week and getting weighed in the morn so hopefully another half stone and I will be very happy.:D Will update tomorrow.

I eat alot and can't put on weight. For 3 years I ate a meal at about 5 and then usually another meal at about 9 or 10pm and I never put on weight.

I am now considering exercising to be fitter but if it makes me lose weight I'll have to stop or I'll waste away to nothing!

Well Darth I lost 6 more pounds so I am still :D . I will keep you updated each week it acts as an encouragement for me.

PGD1 said:
I eat alot and can't put on weight. For 3 years I ate a meal at about 5 and then usually another meal at about 9 or 10pm and I never put on weight

There was an article on Ireland on Sunday about a woman who ate nothing all day and then ate her meals in quick succession in the evening. I cant remember what the term was for this way of eating but she credited it with helping her to loose weight and keep it off.

As regards the Lipotrim diet, i know it can work & Nosey Joe is testament to that, but its just not suitable for anyone who suffers from constipation! To say it makes it worse is an understatement, but for those that dont and if they have the determination to stick to it, it sounds like a god-send.

Darth Vader said:
There was an article on Ireland on Sunday about a woman who ate nothing all day and then ate her meals in quick succession in the evening. I cant remember what the term was for this way of eating but she credited it with helping her to loose weight and keep it off.

Warrior Diet - I read that article and couldn't believe how horrible it sounds. Basically she start eating in the evening and pigged out on anything. No way can something like this be healthy!

Still . . . it's two pounds in the right direction. How pissed off would you be if you gained two pounds?

Well done on the loss and keep up the good work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back