Lipotrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the hair loss on the Lipotrim just confine to men or would it work for unwanted hair on women?- but then again I suppose you would also lose the wanted hair.:eek:

Is the hair loss on the Lipotrim just confine to men or would it work for unwanted hair on women?- but then again I suppose you would also lose the wanted hair.:eek:

It's hair on the head as far as I know Megan! :eek: They give you a video to watch when you go on the program and it outlines this.

Well folks I can see by the amount of views and replies that there is a lot of interest in the Lipotrim diet. As stated earlier in the post possibly a year ago, yes some women experience hair loss (on the head) I think, havn't heard of anyone losing it elsewhere!!! This can be stalled by using XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX called....Head High. Anyway in the last week I have lost 7 3/4 pounds, and all this can be verified by my chemist. On half diet this week as I have function to go to this week. Will keep you informed with my progress :)

when did this post get moved? I know someone who is very intersted in this diet and wanted them to read the replies but couldnt find it in the usual spot. I will inform them where its now at but not sure it's a shooting the breeze post?

Sorry folks I got a few PM,s on this subject but due to an error on my part I deleted them. If anyone wants to re-submit them go ahead!

Nosey Joe how much did you lose and did it stay of,I lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks, now on 4th and last week and then one week of refeed

JAysis will you all cop on. Losing weight that fast is very unhealthy and the body enters starvation mode and when you return to "normal" eating your metabolism has slowed down to starvation rate and stores more fat. You probably lose lean muscle mass too which reduces your base metabolic rate and makes you more fat in long run on same level of calories. Just cut back on crap processed food and do some exercise 3-4 times a week ( light-medium weight training with sensible diet is what all the celebs with "hot bodies" do so do it too. Even if you want to lose weight rapidly you dont need to pay 85euro a week for it, just eat veg and salads rather than rip off "shakes".

My wife has lost about 2 stone but has suffered some hair loss, But between the hairdresser and the chemist she seems to have slowed this down . I believe it will grow back to normal again.

This is the most frightening aspect of the whole thing :(

JAysis will you all cop on. Losing weight that fast is very unhealthy and the body enters starvation mode and when you return to "normal" eating your metabolism has slowed down to starvation rate and stores more fat. You probably lose lean muscle mass too which reduces your base metabolic rate and makes you more fat in long run on same level of calories. Just cut back on crap processed food and do some exercise 3-4 times a week ( light-medium weight training with sensible diet is what all the celebs with "hot bodies" do so do it too. Even if you want to lose weight rapidly you dont need to pay 85euro a week for it, just eat veg and salads rather than rip off "shakes".

I agree and I think the hair loss is indicative of the body in 'trouble'!:eek:

Tried all the gym thing ,running, eating better, but takes to long to lose, a lad a t work was 19st 2 xmas,s ago, last xmas he reached his goal of 13st, now today 11 months later he is still same weight of 13st , now he walks 3 days a week eats better less alcohol, so you ask why did he not do this all along, reason, he was down over his weight which made him eat more, he was to tired to walk even for 5 minutes, and if he did walk more he believe's with eating better it would have taking him at least 2 1/2 yrs to lose same amount of weight. he says the key to this diet is you get all your balanced foods throught shakes , and when you reach your goal you then find it easier to eat better drink less and walk more. of if you go back to your old ways then you gain weight . so from the expert who lose the weight thumbs up, by the way hair grows back trust me.

I just finished week three tonight of Lipotrim and have lost 20lbs. No hair loss and no side affects.

Lipotrim is a zero carb diet that pushes the body into ketosis, making it use fat as fuel. In the first week you can expect to lose 7-10lbs, I lost 8lbs but over half of this is water and glycogen (in the first week only). Week two I lost 7 lbs and week 3 I lst 5lbs. that's a total of 20lbs and i fully expect to put up about 3-4 lbs over the next week as I start eating again and the body starts storing glycogen. So i've lost over a stone in 3 weeks and am going back to exercise. I did it because i needed a kick start, i had over 2.5 stone to lose and the prospect of spending 3 days a week training to do this over 6 months was depressing. Now I can focus on training and aim for a weight loss of 2-3lbs a month.

Side effects:
Constipation: for me very mild to none
Feeling cold: yes, very cold and the only thing that helped was black tea/ coffee
Hair loss: nil

Some posted earlier they were drinking 7-8 litres of water a day and that is too much and possibily dangerous in itself. It can cause hyponatremia, where the body losses too much salt and your heart will stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Well done Dodo and owenm that echos my experience. As regards hair loss my wife has still to regain her hair fully ( I hope she does) Both of us intend going back on it in mid Feb (we have a few functions to attend before then) Whilst it is costly it is successful and can remain so if looked after. A female friend of ours has lost three stone on it and has kept it off. She still has a lipotrim bar twice a week and eats right. She has not lost her hair at all.

Oh man oh man...

Temporary diets DO NOT WORK*

Once fat cells are created, only surgery can remove them.

So when you diet for 2 months or whatever, as soon as you "return to normal" you will put the weight back on very quickly. And generally, you'll put on even more weight, especially if your diet had some kind of "starve yourself" element to it. Basically when your food supply get dramatically cut down, your body knows something is wrong so it gets ready to hold onto every damn calorie it can get it's hand on.

The ONLY way to get the body you want is to make minor lifestyle changes. More exercise, less food. In a nutshell, burn more than you consume. And that's it. Going to the gym to tone up can come way later, but to lose weight, it's about your lifestyle, and it has to be permanent.

Diets do not work, but no matter how intelligent people are, they still believe they do.

I should really write some bull**** diet book and become a millionaire. "The No-Potato Diet, How The Irish Became Slim During The Famine"

*Unless you just want to lose weight for a wedding, and then put it all back on afterwards.

Why would you want to lose weight for a wedding ?
Oh man oh man...

Temporary diets DO NOT WORK*

Once fat cells are created, only surgery can remove them.

So when you diet for 2 months or whatever, as soon as you "return to normal" you will put the weight back on very quickly. And generally, you'll put on even more weight, especially if your diet had some kind of "starve yourself" element to it. Basically when your food supply get dramatically cut down, your body knows something is wrong so it gets ready to hold onto every damn calorie it can get it's hand on.

The ONLY way to get the body you want is to make minor lifestyle changes. More exercise, less food. In a nutshell, burn more than you consume. And that's it. Going to the gym to tone up can come way later, but to lose weight, it's about your lifestyle, and it has to be permanent.

Diets do not work, but no matter how intelligent people are, they still believe they do.

I should really write some bull**** diet book and become a millionaire. "The No-Potato Diet, How The Irish Became Slim During The Famine"

*Unless you just want to lose weight for a wedding, and then put it all back on afterwards.

Re: Lipotrim- NOSEYJOE

Hi Noseyjoe

Just wondering how you are getting on with the above? Have you finished or are you still on the diet?

Lipotrim is a zero carb diet that pushes the body into ketosis, making it use fat as fuel. In the first week you can expect to lose 7-10lbs, I lost 8lbs but over half of this is water and glycogen (in the first week only). Week two I lost 7 lbs and week 3 I lst 5lbs. that's a total of 20lbs and i fully expect to put up about 3-4 lbs over the next week as I start eating again and the body starts storing glycogen. So i've lost over a stone in 3 weeks and am going back to exercise.

This is scary reading. Literally starving your body will of course make you lose weight and fast. But what are the long term effects on your body?

Then again other things such as smoking are as bad.

hotdog said:
Once fat cells are created only surgery can remove them

Not true any more. The new ultrasound machines can destroy fat cells. Of course if you eat your way through a ton of chocolate a night, the body will store the fat elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back