World Cup "Investments"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but absolutely shocking finishing so far by England...cant continue? A second goal and I think the dam will burst.

I just luv the BBC commentary. Gary Lineker asserts that England are the victims of an international conspiracy from the Hand of God to the Moscow VAR. I think he’s right:rolleyes:

I just luv the BBC commentary. Gary Lineker asserts that England are the victims of an international conspiracy from the Hand of God to the Moscow VAR. I think he’s right:rolleyes:

I don't think it is a deliberate conspiracy, seems though to be inconsistently applied even within the same game.
Brazil also seemed very hard done by.

Penalty decisions being decided hundreds of miles away by a crowd watching television screens, Brazilian superstars taking more dives than Jacques Cousteau, professional footballers being unprofessional, the Beautiful Game (World Cup at least!) is now up there with Virtual Horse Racing as far as the Betting Office is concerned.

Take a tip from a not-so-good Tipster, Gaelic Football is now more predictable and better value at the Bookies.

Pre-tournament, Russia were tipped to emulate South Africa in 2010 as a host country to be eliminated in the group stages. Now they're all but qualified for the last 16 with a healthy goal difference in their favour.

I saw a claim on Twitter that the Russian team have collectively run more distance in each game than any other team.

Touch of the Chris Froomes about this :rolleyes:

No shocks today, forgot to post my predictions but would it be disingenuous of me to say I got 3 out 3 correct?

Not to worry, tomorrow is another day and I intend to go out on a limb somewhat.

Australia to beat Denmark
France to draw with Peru
Croatia to beat Argentina.

:eek:

I'm thinking Denmark to beat Australia 2-1, France to beat Peru by 1 goal and Croatia and Argentina to deliver the first 0-0 of the tournament.

Hey Guys! You're bringing back the memories of when I worked for an on-course bookie. Lambs to the slaughter, I regret to say. Stick to Gaelic Football and you'll make a few bob from most playoff game accumulators.

Oh! By the way the Bookie had a house with a Latin name when translated read "Fools Folly." But, you are enjoying yourselves and I enjoy an occasional bet too. Enjoy the feast of football, but keep your money in your pocket.

But, no . . . . I'm enjoying your predictions . . . keep 'em coming.

H/t between Brazil and CR. I dont have screen but the livescore stats make for dreary reading?
In any case, I see RTE are quoting Hillary Clinton as saying the "World at global tipping point"
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0622/972437-hillary-clinton-dublin/

- if she hasnt caught the Shortie Syndrome then she can only be backing Costa Rica to beat Brazil!
Im not that apocalyptic, so im sticking with the Brazilians to prevail!

A conspiracy theory. England vs Belgium in the final group matches looks like being a dead rubber except the winner of that group plays the runner up in Group H in the last 16. With Japan and Senegal heading that Group it might be best to play the winner of Group H.

Brady on Iceland v Nigeria, "Not a lot of football broke out in that half..."
ZZZ... I wonder if Ireland were there instead of Iceland would we be as boring...

Update... that's more like it. Nigerians must have had the hairdryer treatment at halftime.

Last edited:
Great to see two teams going for it from the get-go.
If this pace continues into second half im predicting a GOAL fest! +6.5:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back