World Cup "Investments"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigShort

Despite the dire quality of both Russia and SA (I think Ireland would give either a match), I have taken a position at h/t @2.38 for there to be over 3.5 goals in the opening game.

Absolutely, certainly worth considering for a hat-trick, or more in that game alone. That performance by SA was one of the worst I've seen at this level for a long-time. They are pacey, with good close passing but totally inept at defending, aggression, counter, or any sort of structured plan. A tough South American side like Uruguay will eat them for breakfast unless something dramatic occurs.

Despite the dire quality of both Russia and SA (I think Ireland would give either a match), I have taken a position at h/t @2.38 for there to be over 3.5 goals in the opening game.
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, but what does @2.38 refer to? Also, Shouldn't that be over 3 goals as it's kinda impossible to score half a goal?
Well done in any case.

I see Bitcoin is down to USD6.5k, so maybe a good time to spend the winnings? :D

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, but what does @2.38 refer to? Also, Shouldn't that be over 3 goals as it's kinda impossible to score half a goal?
Well done in any case.

I see Bitcoin is down to USD6.5k, so maybe a good time to spend the winnings? :D
Ahhh! you're not a punter Fly.:rolleyes: If you bet 1 bitcoin at 2.38 and you are right you will get back 2.38 bitcoins, i.e. you will win 1.38. Alternatively referred to as odds of 1.38 to 1.

Betfair bet on "over 3.5" versus "under 3.5" goals. It is slightly easier than saying "over 3" and "under or equal to 3" though they could have said "over 3" and "under 4" but the 3.5 is a standard way that the betting community describe these sort of bets.

Draw not looking a good lay at 3.8, now 2.5:D

It went to 1.3 with 2 mins left. Squeaky b*m stuff B/S:)

Last edited:
It went to 1.3 with 2 mins left. Squeaky b*m stuff B/S:)

Phew! That was close, 2 out of 2, good start to my World Cup.

I know nothing about Morocco, or Iran (other than Iran being surrounded by US military bases for the coming apocalypse :p:D). So any "investment" is total speculation.
That said, the market is selling a 0-0 draw at 6.0 (thats 5/1 to you Firefly). That is an extremely low price for 0-0 and indicates that the market does not expect many goals in this game.
So not being one to follow markets im Laying 0-0 @ 6.0 on the notion that 0-0's are getting harder to come by these days and all I need to win is one goal scored for either side.

Not looking good for me on the hour mark...im a great believer in freak goals, penalties, own goals and fatigue to save the day!

Last edited:
Portugal v Spain.

This is tricky to find an investment. Spain are favourites, but my inkling suggests Portugal. Opening game that neither side will risk too much?
That said, not wanting to risk would be typically defined as getting the first goal and then defending the lead.
Going to Lay the 0-0 again, this time @9.0.

4 out 4. Investing my early winnings in this game to back 4.5 goals @3.75. (1-1 at the moment)
A bit risky as the pace will hardly last but both teams going for it.

Cashed out while still 1-1 taking a 35% loss on earlier gain. This bet was over exuberance on my part.

4 out 5.

Last edited:
Got Ronaldo to score first and then hit again to score next after Spain scored. Woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back