World Cup "Investments"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late now, but perhaps the politicians should have put the whole Brexit thing, customs union, single market thing on the outcome of this match?
Beats war (nobody dies), trade war (no job losses) and in the end, what difference will it make?

Of course, TBS, you do realise that if England gets knocked out of the tournament, it will be equated to someone leaving the bog (the jacks) and will become known as...…….WCexit

Well, I have not been impressed with either of these sides so far, but that Di Maria goal was a peach.

Hard one to call, but at 1-1 the temptation is there is to go with Argies, they have the momentum. Could this be the catalyst for them to unite?
So at 1-1, Argies it is.

Ok, so France have decided to demonstrate their true credentials....after I placed my bet!
They owe me now!:cool:

As a neutral, disappointed to see Cavani go off after that exquisite goal... I thought Portugal had Uruguay on the ropes until he pulled the trigger.

Something about Spain that bores me now. Perhaps too many of the team have been around for so long?
Logic says they will beat Russians, but home side advantage and that niggling annoying feeling about Spain - im backing Russia! :eek:

Croatia to progress over Denmark too.

Something about Spain that bores me now. Perhaps too many of the team have been around for so long?

Yes to the boring bit, but I drew the opposite conclusion. This is a team of winners, the experience won't faze them, there's no massive weight of expectations, I can see them boring their way through to the final, and Costa is a handful for any defence.

The long slog is on. Extra-time and penalties. Some 12 rounders on the way. Well done Russia, im back in the game! :D

Was about to write 'false dawn for Denmark, doubling up on Croatia to qualify'.

Going to double up in any case!:)

But if you play it forward to QF, then runners up in England group and on same side as Serbia\Switzerland, whereas winners are on same side as Brazil\Mexico. So evens out probably.
Very correct. With the Russia result England now in best half and one of the favourites. An England France final will be very embarrassing for TM. Macron no problem attending but her sitting on her high horse.
Last three winners out, Germany Spain and Italy, will Brazil be next?

Last edited:
I got Mexico in work sweepstakes. €5 a head. If they win the tournament I profit €155 (31x5).
I don't think Mexico will win it. So Im figuring, I have a virtual €155 to place on the opposing side of Mexico between now and their exit. Starting with Brazil to qualify, a €20 punt will return my €5:).
Unless of course Mexico progress, then I will be one step closer to €155 (-€20);).

Brazil and Belgium to qualify today. No other way to look at it I think. Although I expect at least 1.5 goals in both games in 90mins, so will have a peep there too.

Well a string of successful calls has me back in the black :D.
But it all counts for little in the face of heartbreak for the Japanese :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back