World Cup "Investments"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, Day 2 and overall the indicators are for an entertaining WC.
Hopefully the nice weather returns and I might earn a few €€€ along the way to enjoy some unscheduled 7pm ko's in the local :)

Is this the first WC since 1966 that the English press are not expecting England to win the WC?
Imagine, an England team without the weight of the usual tabloid hyperbole frenzy!

I don't think much was expected last time round either.
I think 2010 World Cup deflated a lot of expectations, they lost 4-1 to Germany and England were just chasing shadows.

Am looking forward to England v Belgium though, should be interesting as long it's not a dead rubber draw sends both teams through kinda game.

Hard to see anything other than a straight win for France. Backing France to win @1.29, easy money.
Or is there a shock on the cards?:cool:

Backing the draw at h/t @3.20

And over 2.5 goals @1.66

Last edited:
In real time I really didnt think the foul on Griezmann was a penalty but I can see why VAR gave it.

Watching IRE v AUS in rugby. By all accounts Fra unimpressive? Cashing out my win bet now, securing three winning bets in this game!

Griezman & Dembele subbed which is a reflection of how well the Aussie defence coped.
The winner was extremely fortuitous, Australia would have fully merited a draw

ARG V ICE
7 out 9 predictions correct so far.

Intriguing game this. Have Iceland progressed, developed since the Euro's? Or will Messi live up to his billing as one of the great players and set WC alight?

Under 2.5 goals @2.12

Is this the first WC since 1966 that the English press are not expecting England to win the WC?

Imagine, an England team without the weight of the usual tabloid hyperbole frenzy!

yea its true, they dont have any celebrity players anymore, no david beckhams, wayne rooneys or gazza's. Also the papers have to go back to 2006 to drool over the "wags" from that time, no victoria beckhams and colleen rooneys with the over sized sunglasses, no celebrity nightclubs for them to fall out of either at 4am.

Terrific atmosphere at this game. Could go either way. A small punt on Iceland win @9.6 is surely worth taking?

ICE to win @9.6

CRO v NIG

Croatia hot favourites, but Nigeria are battlers. Low-scoring, tentative game. Fatigue to play a big factor in the outcome after 70mins.

Going for the outsiders here.

Nigeria to win @6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back