What a match

It's only now that ' that' win against Portugal was so important...One win is good but two in a row against good teams is brilliant..Five in a row for Parrott....and counting..
Absolutely well done lads....
 
It’s one of the most incredible days in the history of Irish football. For football fans, we live for days like today and last Thursday.

Let’s be honest. We’re never going to win the World Cup but that doesn’t really matter. This team is giving us hope and you can’t put a price on that. What a change in mood compared with the Armenia game in September.
 
Reading online that for Ireland to be in Pot 2 and get home advantage in Playoff Semi, both of these need to occur in remaining matches:

Bosnia do not win versus Austria - Austria are at home

Wales do not win versus North Macedonia - Wales are at home and North Macedonia are trying to keep their 2nd place position.
 
What's the betting on Troy parrot meeting parrot Troy . In time to come that will make a good question in a table quiz....
 
On 10th September on a different thread I informed people on here that the group was not over much to the criticism of some:-


I wasn't surprised that RoI beat Portugal and Hungary - No big deal - Our soccer problems are with lesser quality teams.
 
You were right Lep.....I bow to your faith in the team which I certainly hadn't.
I don't mind been wrong for the sake of the team ....and of course your good self..;)...when the plan comes together...
 
On 10th September on a different thread I informed people on here that the group was not over much to the criticism of some:-
Yep, guilty as charged Lep! I've never been more delighted to be wrong, completely wrong. I still don't hold out much hope that we will qualify but there is still some hope and I wasn't expecting that. The scenes at the end on Sunday were incredible, you can see what it meant to all those involved so fair play to them all.
 
If you make it to Who Wants to be a Millionaire? the place you want to be is at a Free Shot. Rep of Ireland were onto a Free Shot from early September. Tipperary were on a Free Shot on Hurling All Ireland Final Day against a Cork "Certainty." I think may you see the way I think. If the Irish Squad looked for advice one here they'd be told to complete a Money Makeover.

Thursday's draw has become vital. The Free Shot is over. I'd like a group of big names there because they'll fancy their chance against us. The Hungary Time-Wasters certainly underestimated the mindset of the Irish. Remember Portugal refused the pre match run-around too. Nothing better than opposition over confidence when playing Ireland.
 
Less concerned about who we play than where... especially if we get through to the final round.
I know we beat Hungary away but it's still a big advantage to be drawn at home.
 
Scotland into World Cup after beating Denmark 4-2, couple of amazing goals from McTominay early doors and Tierney in injury time then they ice it with a McLean lob of keeper from halfway line in 98th minute. First time back since 1998.

Wales thumped N Macedonia 6-1.

Seems like we will face one of Slovakia, Poland, Wales or Czechia away in SF.

If we get through... Italy, Denmark, Ukraine, Turkey are the top seeds assuming they win home SF versus likes of Sweden, N Macedonia, Romania, N Ireland.
 
Last edited:
So how in the name of Eric Clapton did our U21s manage to lose 4 - 0 to a country with a total population in the region of 88,000?
 
In other WC news, the tiny Caribbean island of Curacao has qualified - all of the players are born in the Netherlands so qualify via ancestry I think. Population 150,000. Managed by Dutch legend Dick Advocaat. The island is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands but not in the EU.
 
And considering it was 0-0 at half time....
They got hammered in the second half...
 
Back
Top