What a match

He [EDIT: Seamus Coleman] played like a young lad and I can't believe he isn't worth a regular club place. 2nd oldest on the field after The Clown, but a massive gap in maturity and dedication to the cause. He owned that right Irish touch-line. Maith thú a Shéamus.
 
Last edited:
The defending was outstanding and what night for the amazing Seamus Coleman who epitomised the Irish spirit .
In my very limited understanding of football I was concerned that there would be too much room in front of the back 5 but I was wrong.
 
Let's not get carried away. Yes it was a great win and performance. We can judge it on what happens in Hungary , fingers crossed.
The result against Germany was fantastic too. It's been a Long time since that happened though..
 
Just to mention I spotted a couple of OPEL shirts in the crowd at the Irish end of the ground. Ole ole ole lads.
 
A real cup tie game of football, could have gone either way. Fingers crossed for the playoffs!

From the BBC:
The big date for the diary now is Thursday, 20 November as that is when the draw will be made for the World Cup play-off in Zurich. Play-off matches will be played in single-leg semi-finals followed by single-leg finals to decide Europe's final four participants for next year's tournament.
 
Ireland will win the world cup now :p

10 days ago many in the media wanted Hemrigsson gone, now the same are calling him a hero. :D

I'm not a big soccer fan, but seems Ireland currently have a really good goal keeper, a choice of two really good strikers (have we ever had even one?) and Seamus Coleman who defies his age and controls the back line.

Add the momentum of beating Portugal and Hungary and you have a team which will be difficult to beat.
 
Back
Top