What a match

Congratulations to Limerick on becoming All Ireland Hurling Champions for 2026. The final was not the greatest of matches. However, Limerick played well and deserved their victory. Galway were magnanimous in defeat and behaved like true sportsmen should behave. Well Done to Galway too!
 
I'm not a big Gaelic Football fan, but I hope Mayo win on Sunday. The new rules seem to improve the game and make it more watchable. We've got to thank Mr Gavin for something. Alas, the betting odds don't favour a Mayo win.
 
Good luck to both teams but I'm not a fan of football, even with the new rules , and I won't be watching...
 
Bring back the old backs and forwards . There was battles all over the pitch. Very entertaining, tough and more exciting, in my opinion...
 
I'm looking forward to the All Ireland senior camogie semi-finals this afternoon on RTE2:
  • 15:30 Galway v Kilkenny (Throw-in 4.00pm). Damian Lawlor presents coverage of the opening All-Ireland Senior Camogie Championship semi-final, held at Semple Stadium, Thurles
  • 17:50 Cork v Tipperary (Throw-in 6.00pm). Damian Lawlor presents coverage of the second All-Ireland Senior Camogie Championship semi-final, held at Semple Stadium, Thurles
I'm a committed fence sitter here, although the grand-children are Galway natives and Gaelgóirí, my heart says Tipp in the other match, but ABC does apply. :)

Enjoy.
 
Yes . Good luck to all four teams today ...I might tune in to these games alright...
 
Well done Galway on an impressive win over a hard working Kilkenny team...
Also Cork ...a great win over an outclassed Tipperary team
 
Last edited:
5/2 in 2 horse race - holy moley! I hope the bookies took a hiding. Of course they didn't or the odds would have shortened considerably.
 
Not great but its better than nothing!
I had a €10 bet on Kerry -3.5 points with @Colm Fagan, an immigrant from Mayo. I thought it was candy from a vulnerable senior citizen:oops:
At one stage Kerry were a 1.17 Lay on Betfair, should have snapped that up.

Can I interest you in the Marmalade hedge fund? It is targeting a 20% return using an AI generated strategy exploiting arbitrages in the marmalade/oil future swaps (WARNING You may lose some or all of your investment)
 
Last edited:
I enjoyed watching Derek chatting with some of the Mayo players and management team this morning on Ireland AM. One poor (unnamed) divil apparently paid for a hotel room and with check-out and departure imminent, he hasn't even opened the door! Maybe the suggested quick shower then off to Castlebar Station and McHale Park, the places to be this evening from about 5:00 pm onwards, and for the next few weeks! :)
 
Back
Top