The bit that strikes me is not that he's from Shamrock Rovers but that @Deiseblue has mentioned a soccer player that I never heard of before who is................not actually dead!
Your first World Cup is like your childhood Christmases. You’ll spend the rest of your life chasing the way it made you feel – but you’ll never experience it again. If you’re 11, you’re about to watch the best World Cup you will ever see. But even if you just wish you were, it’s still the greatest show on Earth. And, trust me, there’s nothing like not being there.
RTV Rentals? We had one of them, ours a Bush 17-inch as I recall.'74 our rented telly
I admit to dozing off at one stage but was awake for the Ireland penalty and the rest of the game. Not the most exciting game ever but I'm delighted we came away with a draw.Canada v Ireland, might have cured insomnia![]()
Looking at the table, only a win over group leaders France would qualify them outright for the World Cup.19:30 RTE2 tonight, the only soccer team we have left in any competition up against the 7th in the world. FIFA Women's World Cup Qualifier
France v Republic of Ireland (Kick-off 8.00pm). Marie Crowe presents coverage of both teams' concluding Group A2 match, held at Stade des Alpes in Grenoble.