What a match

What a match it was for all the wrong reasons...I watched most of it , I don't think I have seen a worse performance from an Irish team for a long long time. The best thing was when I switched over to look at Fair City, Kosovo were not much good either but we're able to eventually able to score a goal...... Ireland had three shots on goal in the whole game..... brutal
 
People are talking on liveline about whether they will watch the Israeli match or not. After last night's rubbish I can see it been it been a no - brainer...I won't be anyway , from a football point of view...
 
I think any local team would have given them a better game . I wouldn't have given any Irish player any more that 3 out of ten.... I don't think it was the manager problem either . There we eleven players supposed to be representing Ireland. Mind you the Kosovo team wouldn't have been given much more out of ten either.
 
When Jack Charlton said, "put 'em under pressure," all those years ago I think he meant our opponents?

Who knew that putting our own boys under the most intense, sustained and often vicious pressure from media, politicians and various "activists" and campaign groups would bring out the very best in them!

A spectacular performance and a kick in the teeth for their detractors who did their level best to demonise them and break their spirits right up to the wire.

I'd hope for a little humility from some of the sports pundits in particular but I doubt we'll see it.
 
I watched the pre-game proceedings. It was the guy waving the UEFA nations league flag that irked me most to switch off. The competition has lost all meaning, to me anyway. No interest anymore.

Well done to the players for their victory. It is a difficult time for them and they should never have been put into this position.

A word of credit to Gavin Bazunu too. It cannot be easy for him right now either. Whatever your views on the politics of the situation, he should not have been put in the position he has found himself in.
 
Back
Top