Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

I convince myself every night that when I login the following morning I will see a change. But through my sleepy eyes it’s always the same nothing new. Fed up waiting and knowing nothing.

I think its disgraceful that they cannot tell us which quarter you are going to be redressed. Its so wrong on all accounts. We were better off not knowing .

That’s for sure, I was ok till I found out I was impacted. Since then it’s like my life is in someone else’s hands

Its bitter sweet. Thrilled that you are getting redressed but the not knowing when you are going to receive it and the frustration that for years you mightn't have to struggle. My payments dropped by 650 a month that is a huge amount when your struggling .

Hello Bob or anyone else that can help!

Just wondering if your mortgage is in sole or joint names... I would like to know if the compensation cheque from UB was payable to joint account holders or if 2 cheques issued with the compensation halved....

Thanks in advance

That's a very good question. I presume the cheque is issued to the name in which the mortgage comes out of. I remember my husband had to open an account with UB in his name.

Just joined forum, recently updated my wife's maiden name on account, straight forward enough in the branch... Also just rang helpline, nothing new, asked for figure out, told approximately 1700, asked are they committing to 2500 for this month and reported that was their Target, so let's see if they can hit 800 in two weeks! I'm a Feb and Mar impacted customer last year too...

They told me they had 1550 paid out on 9th that is 150 in last 9 days. Hardly do 800 in 2 weeks. Probably have to make a few days allowances for the bad weather.

Can't answer jont account question yet as the cheque hasn't arrived yet. We have a joint account mortgage so I assume it will be in joint names to be lodged in a joint account. Will let you know when it arrives ;)

This whole situation is so frustrating. I feel like i am at the end of my patience now with the UB at this stage after 13 months waiting. I also phoned the helpline and was told that they cannot release the number of people who have been redressed since January but that they are hoping to have everyone completed within the next 2 months. They are just a law onto themselves.

Ulster Bank issue 1 Cheque to mortgage holders names, mine was in my maiden and we don’t own a joint UB or AiB account & all my accounts were in my married name bank wanted marriage cert even tho I had given them a copy to change account to married name they couldn’t find it on file! So got fed up of bank so lodged cheque to our joint credit union account (even tho this account is in my married name they had no problem accepting cheque) both us had sign cheque, we didn’t both have to be present when lodging cheque, cheque took 5days to came into our account

Hi, new to forum but have been reading for ages. Received phonecall from ub in October to say I was included in tracker redress. Took mortgage out in 2006 tracker, fixed after a couple of months for two years. In August 2008 when fixed rate was up, was refused return to mortgage. Moved 2 months later to bank of Scotland. Long story short, need to change name and address after phonecall from tracker team. Did as instructed with marriage certificate, etc, rang to confirm in November they had recd. received registered letter last week for cheque originally posted in December to old name and address despite following instructions. Another wait for indemnity form which I have had to return to reissue cheque. Awaiting appeal pack. Redress was the two months difference plus tmv of 300 euro and 300 comp plus advice money of 600 plus overpayment. 3 months between their issuing cheque to wrong address and receiving at correct. Just to be aware in case it affects others.

Hi

Is it only those who have complained that are receiving 60 day holding letters?

I was advised Nov’17 I was part of the tracker investigation and have not had any further correspondence since.

Back