PTSB ptsb withdraws appeal to Supreme Court on trackers; CBI taking enforcement action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being selfish here but the 80 customers who have been fighting this for the last 5 years should be top of the queue to get this sorted - Then the rest! :)

As has been pointed out to me though, customers in arrears need escalation too so I will stand in line, no choice really.

just wondering did anybody get a letter yet?we got one to say apologising for the delay and thanking us for our patience and that they will be in contact with us again by 9 april 2015 and stating that at that stage if we are not happy with their findings we can then go to fso_Our complaint was with the fso and also we had sent a letter to them seperately as they were threatening legal action.
A bit nervous of what the outcome will be

"ur complaint was with the fso and also we had sent a letter to them seperately as they were threatening legal action"

Could you please clarify the following;

PTSB were threating legal action, Why?
You sent a letter to who separately?

Cheers

Repossession maybe?

Not happy with findings and to go to FSO is standard statement . It was in original letter informing us of ptsb stand down.

legal action because of arrears . we sent a letter to ptsb looking to forward all our documents to have them independently looked at and also stated in the letter that we wanted our tracker reinstated.....this was before ptsb stepped down from supreme court.After we had sent that letter ptsb sent us a really nice letter saying they were looking into the situation ....a first for them!!since ptsb stepped down they have stopped the legal proceedings until the review of our file is finished ....nice of them really ! really hope the review works in our favour:))

legal action because of arrears . we sent a letter to ptsb looking to forward all our documents to have them independently looked at and also stated in the letter that we wanted our tracker reinstated.....this was before ptsb stepped down from supreme court.After we had sent that letter ptsb sent us a really nice letter saying they were looking into the situation ....a first for them!!since ptsb stepped down they have stopped the legal proceedings until the review of our file is finished ....nice of them really ! really hope the review works in our favour:))
Ok.. Hope it all ends positively for you.

legal action because of arrears .

Hi OPTI

If you have been overcharged by ptsb, and as a result, suffered the stress of arrears and the threat of repossession, you may well have a claim for damages. Wait until you get the outcome, and then seek legal advice.

If you would have been in arrears anyway, you would not have much of a claim. So I think you should make sure to try to pay something every month.

Brendan

thanks brendan we will wait for the outcome to be honest a happy outcome for me would be to get up in the morning knowing we have paid our mortgage in full and we have no arrears :))....as is for everybody i'd say :)

I got a letter from PTSB to say they are still investigating my case and my continued patience is appreciated.

No, I didn't lodge anything with the FSO.
I just sent a complaint letter to PTSB about a month ago, they had already replied saying they are looking into it and will respond within 3months, but now I get another letter saying they are still investigating.

I spoke with CB & ptsb today - Usual story, investigation on-going & ptsb have said it may be June when we are notified. They cannot do anything until the CB are finished.

I spoke with CB & ptsb today - Usual story, investigation on-going & ptsb have said it may be June when we are notified. They cannot do anything until the CB are finished.
I also contacted PTSB. I was advised June/July... & the saga continues...

So frustrating at this stage! I asked for my mortgage account to be frozen until it is sorted or give me some information as every month we are paying them hundreds of €s extra for the last 6 years. Then I told them I will be cancelled the DD and I will transfer the amount I should be paying directly to the mortgage account. Yep - I basically had a rant at them! :)

They said do you have the address to send the letter to cancel the DD but it is in your terms & conditions you must pay by DD. I said it is in my terms & conditions I should be on a tracker! :)

I am not going to do it but want them to know we are waiting. I call them and the CB every Monday.

They said do you have the address to send the letter to cancel the DD but it is in your terms & conditions you must pay by DD. I said it is in my terms & conditions I should be on a tracker! :)

I am not going to do it but want them to know we are waiting. I call them and the CB every Monday.
TALDAR.

Suggest don't keep venting your frustration.
All is now in the proven incompetent hands of Central Bank/PTSB.
They, because of judgment must get round to it.
And the plus side is you will get a few bob.
And you were saving without even knowing it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back