PTSB ptsb withdraws appeal to Supreme Court on trackers; CBI taking enforcement action

Status
Not open for further replies.

taldar

Frequent Poster
I was just onto the ptsb helpline.

The information provided is the CB is investigating and this may involve tens of thousands of customers (Their Words) and they have a 3 month timeline to identify affected customers and communicate with them to redress the issue.

Thank you.

fuzzy10

Frequent Poster
Thanks taldar for the update. I recieved my letter of communication from the FSO today.

Gerry Canning

Frequent Poster
Thanks taldar for the update. I recieved my letter of communication from the FSO today.
Suggestion to anyone who thinks they may have a PTSB issue.

Write to PTSB enclose 6 euro and ask for copy of everything held on your account.ie contracts/computer notes/ copy recorded calls etc.
Under legislation you are entitled to all info on your account.
In that way (assuming) they send you everything, you can in your time check things.
Be slow to trust any Bank.
I can only congratulate these people who persevered.
From another post by Brendan, it appears PTSB will be forced to really sort things.

fuzzy10

Frequent Poster
It's imperative that we all keep each other updated with bank communication's. Hope we all have positive outcomes. It's been a long battle

Kiffagirl

I also have a case pending with FSO, mine mirrors the Thomas Case. I called ptsb today and was told 3 months, demanded to speak to a senior individual and she told me she would investigate if my account was under review and try and give me a clearer timescale, she is returning my call today. When originally making this complaint I got a response from Cathal MacCarthy head of Legal, through his receptionist. Maybe if we all Bombard them with correspondence they might move quicker. Pm for her direct email address. I also ,contacted fso and made it clear that this timescale was unacceptable at this stage, ptsb have had way too long to deal with this, and should not be afforded any longer.

I wouldn't mind but I got a letter in post today to inform me my repayments are INCREASING due to tax relief... the bloody check of them and them owing me a small fortune at this stage:mad:

gahfan

Frequent Poster
I got a letter from FSO to say the bank will be in touch etc.

Just wondering if there is a refund what will it be on the basis of exactly? The years after the fixed i/r's that were not on tracker or for the fixed period on the basis a person may not have fixed if they were fully made aware of the consequences?

This will be important for people if offered a refund and knowing whether to accept it or appeal it to the FSO.

gahfan

Frequent Poster
Thanks Brendan, I must familiarise myself with that.

But what period does it refer to (ie) is it the period of time when you come out of fixed and should have been back on a tracker? Or when a person was on a fixed or what?

Also do they usually compensate for any sort of stress or inconvenience?

fuzzy10

Frequent Poster
Hi gahfan, I'm thinking the same question. We all need to inform each other of what ptsb offer.

George12

Frequent Poster
I found my loan offer which outlines how to work out the penalty that applied to breaking a fixed rate. As I have mentioned elsewhere there was none if the rate you switched to (in the hope it would go down soon as it did) was higher than your fixed rate. Therefore for me there was no system error that cost them millions in lost break out penalties!

Attachments

phil

Frequent Poster
When we broke out of our fixed we was told that they was offering a special offer for 28days that there would be no break out charge we just had to send a fax. i asked them if we was lossing anything and they said no. This call has gone missing even though i was able to tell them the time and date it was made. Case with FSO since 2011 awaiting reply. That call would of proved not a system error......

Brendan Burgess

Founder
When we broke out of our fixed we was told that they was offering a special offer for 28days that there would be no break out charge we just had to send a fax. i asked them if we was lossing anything and they said no. This call has gone missing even though i was able to tell them the time and date it was made. Case with FSO since 2011 awaiting reply. That call would of proved not a system error......
Do you have a copy of the fax you sent? Did you refer to the content of the call?

Brendan

phil

Frequent Poster
Do you have a copy of the fax you sent? Did you refer to the content of the call?

Brendan
Yes have a copy of fax with FSO. mentioned some details in fax but not all. stated based on information from call that we would like to switch to variable rate as agreed this would not cost us anything. but never mentioned in fax 28 day offer or that they said we wouldn't be lossing out on anything. Can a court not request the full tapes for that day in question. They must have them they just wont give them to FSO.

Hopefully

When our case went through investigation we gave details of the call i.e the name of the guy we spoke to and the date and it could not be found. we also sent a fax saying "as per telephone conversation with ***** we would like to switch to SVR with no penalty. It seems everyone has the same thing written cause I remember asking him what we had to do and he said send in a fax / letter but had to be done within the next few days of the call.

matan

Frequent Poster
Hopefully, we are exactly the same. Do not know the date but spoke with somebody in a branch office, quoted the name of this person in all correspondence to PTSB when first complaining and then FSO. We would told exactly what to say in fax that we wanted to break our fixed term with no penalty and switch to variable. I have a copy of the fax. What the bank also failed on on our part is the fact, they never even acknowledged receipt of our fax, sent no new Letter of Offer stating new terms or even sent a basic letter acknowledging our fax sent. All brushed under the carpet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.