Katie Taylor

I tried buying tickets today just for the pure pig-iron of it starting with the more modestly priced family group tickets and up to the €1,500 + luxury suites/boxes. Translating the Ticketmaster gobble-de-gook into my own almost English, it seemed to tell me I couldn't buy one. But then I noticed the seating schematic which is like a "U" on its side with the R/H side, (Hill 16 end?) having no numbered seats at all, at all. That can't be Croker at full capacity can it? Am I mis-reading the situation, as a non-user of Ticketmaster?
 
Well done Trinity College, Dublin, which yesterday conferred Katie with an honorary [EDIT] law degree. The citation described her as having "a legitimate claim to being Ireland's greatest ever sporting champion." It goes on to say "More than this, she has a legitimate claim to be one of the most important ever figures in the history of women's sport globally." We couldn't have put it better ourselves, being unduly modest :)

And a massive buala bas to all of those posters in here who have been saying exactly that for years. Not alone do RTE journalists seem to scour these pages for content, but The Irish Times and now academia echo our undisputed and indisputable facts from time to time.

There's a beautiful picture of a smiling Katie and her mother on the front page of today's edition of The Irish Times, and a follow-up article about Katie and others who were conferred with degrees on page 9.

Brilliant and the very best of luck for your upcoming bout in Croker, Katie. Maith thu.
 
Last edited:
Katie Taylor's final fight at Croke Park to be broadcast by RTÉ Sport

Great news for Katie Taylor fans who couldn't get tickets for Croker on Sept 5th. Sold out? And then some. €1m/minute for advertising slots? Cheap at twice the price!

"Katie Taylor's historic undisputed super lightweight title fight with Flora Pili next month at Croke Park will be available to watch live free-to-air with RTÉ Sport.

The farewell fight for the legendary Bray boxer will be on RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player, with 2FM providing live radio commentary."


Best wishes Katie.
 
If I wasn't going to it
How did you pull that masterstroke? Wait now, let me guess - your Skoda Superb mechanic got you freebies for all the cash you've spent with him on servicing costs down the years. He's also given you vouchers for Irish flags, popcorn and tins of coke for sustenance at the event and limo service in a Fabia vRS to and from Croker. Enjoy and guard them tri-colours with your life; there's a world-wide shortage with most of them ending up Birmingham and Paris recently. :)
 
I got this for Saturday, just incase...

I am going to be an emotional wreck at this fight, beyond excited, so happy it's on free to air so many people can enjoy it as well.
(well assuming of course you are into boxing!)
 
Yes, they won't have picked someone who has a chance of beating her....
I absolutely reject that statement - might I remind you she already lost on her first professional at home fight in The Point against Chantelle Cameron.


There is a very real chance she could walk away empty handed - and that's what a fighter does they lay it all on the line.
 
Back
Top