Katie Taylor

Women are more competitive than men
Women excel at more long distance ultra running then men due to how their bodies can burn fat more efficiently and their muscle fibre composition is better at handling oxygen apparently which helps resist against fatigue (now that appears to be missing from me come 5pm Friday when I am clinging on for dear life)

No harm in having an exhibition / test fight to see how it goes, it could be an awful idea. That said some 3 minute male rounds fail to produce and decent combinations either.
 
think the women's marathon should be over a distance of 31.74 kms, that women's soccer matches should only be an hour long, that there should a Women's Grand National over a shorter distance and over fewer, lower, fences, that camogie matches and women's football should be held on smaller pitches, for shorter times and with smaller balls. Oh and make the goals bigger and award 5 points for a goal.
Would you keep the exemption from the " touching the ball on the ground rule" for them when the great amalgamation goes through...
 
Someone told me that when KT started boxing it was near impossible for a licence for a womens boxing fight to be issued? I don't know how true that it is but i'd imagine its not far from the truth?

Her farewell in front of a sold-out Croke Park was an amazing achievement.

The more I think about it, and Aoife O'Rourkes gold win as @mathepac has highlighted is another reminder.
The more I think about it I'm bowled over at what she achieved. Combine that with her modesty, humility, dignity as a person, etc she is phenomenal.

No doubt statutes and murals will be named after her, maybe buildings and streets in the time ahead. All well and good but statues are either "interesting", or boring.

Just a shout out here, as a suggestion, how about a re-naming of the Liffey river to the Katie Taylor River? Or the KT River?

I think it would awesome and wholly appropriate. What she has achieved has global, non-political, significance and will reverberate across the boxing, sporting world for decades, and decades to come. Dublin is our capital city and its landmarks and geography should embrace the positivity of the 21st century Ireland.

'Liffey' has had a good run, maybe a 1,000yrs? I dunno! Time for a change.

Thoughts?
 
Someone told me that when KT started boxing it was near impossible for a licence for a womens boxing fight to be issued?
Absolutely true she hid her hair as much as possible under her head guard and fought under a boys name.
The more I think about it I'm bowled over at what she achieved. Combine that with her modesty, humility, dignity as a person, etc she is phenomenal.
All done with no trash talk, I am a big fan of female boxing, the likes of Clarissa Shields, I mean can't take away from her achievements but tone down the goat talk - like Katie says I let my boxing do the talking in the ring.

Even Amanda Serrano has taken a humbleness from Katie - her last fight is coming up on in January I think, I hope she gets the send off that she deserves as well, a beast of a woman to try attempt to take Katie 3 times in the ring
Just a shout out here, as a suggestion, how about a re-naming of the Liffey river to the Katie Taylor River? Or the KT River?
I am sorry but the Dubs need to stand back, the only river that could possibly be renamed after Katie is the Dargle River in Bray x
She belongs to the garden of Ireland the parish of Ballywaltrim.

Up Oldcourt!!!!
 
Even Amanda Serrano has taken a humbleness from Katie - her last fight is coming up on in January I think, I hope she gets the send off that she deserves as well, a beast of a woman to try attempt to take Katie 3 times in the ring

Yes, I'm a big admirer of Serrano. They way they both conduct themselves puts men's boxing to shame in my opinion.
 
Back
Top