Katie Taylor

Des Cahill discussed the whole thing on Sunday Sport with 2 boxers. Even Des was embarassed talking about the risk of a poor turnout . Have a listen back.
Even Rte ran an article about who would be on the hook for financial losses. Never seen that before
I feel this will be different, I am going to put my money where my mouth is!
 
As a proud Bray woman and coming from the same parish as Katie, Ballywaltrim (yup Oldcourt lol!) I think this is going to be sold out.
With respect, you're a lot more likely to say that given your close connections. Boxing is a minority sport in Ireland and women's boxing is a minority sport within boxing. It's extremely unlikely this will be anything close to sold out. Good luck to her and hopefully she gets a send off befitting her career but I don't think there will be any bother getting tickets on the day if anyone makes a last minute decision to pop along.
 
Regardless of how many turn up. The promoters are going to take the hit which takes the pressure off everyone else.
I hope she gets a fantastic crowd, she deserves to for all she has done for the sport.
It is probably a minority sport but if it wasn't for Katie we wouldn't be having a conversation about it at all.
If she even half fills the stadium then that will be no reflection on her.
Personally I think she will fill it...
 
There are hardly 27 k curious people, are there ..
I'd say 26k of them have bought tickets...
 
Yesterday's reported sales

Did they include your tickets or should I just go "Oi, +4!" on the RTE website?

Well done on what'll be a fairly expensive night out, a true supporter. What's the range of prices? At and average of what you paid that's €3.25M in the kitty so far
 
Well done on what'll be a fairly expensive night out,
The most expensive part of the night is parking lol, we don't drink at events so that helps massively. I went in again shortly after I got my tickets and some of the lower stands went up to about €266 per ticket.

The pitch tickets were coming in about €700 quids. Considering I paid €600 for one Oasis ticket..... if I really wanted to go I would pay it, I would spend €700 on an experience over alcohol any day.

Experiences = Happiness
 
They only went on general sale today! What a prospect, what brilliant but predictable support for our greatest sporting star of all time. I doubt we will ever see a sports-woman or man of her like again, even with all the heroes our little nation has proved it is capable of producing.
 
Who was it said that she wouldn't half fill the stadium.........
Of course she would fill it ....
I agree , she is a brilliant sports person....
 
Last edited:
A little history lesson for you all, this is where it all began for Katie. This was the Ballywaltrim community centre, on the corner of the Schools road and the Boghall rd in Bray where her Dad Pete started the boxing club.

Katie grew up in the estate across from it, Oldcourt, or it was at the time 'The White City'
Katie came back here in 2013 and fought in the new community centre, this woman never, ever forgets where she came from.

To hear the words.. fighting out of Ballywaltrim, Bray, Co Wicklow in another country is just bonkers, I am actually welling up even typing this out.

She is just quite simply, the best.

Prepare to win by skill, but be ready to win by will

WhatsApp Image 2026-06-10 at 21.17.44.webp
 
Back
Top