Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

Rialto isnt exactly a great place to live though. Try walking home from town to there some Saturday night and see what you think of the area then.

My opinion and experience would differ greatly. I have never felt unsafe in the area. Certainly no more so than any other area anyway. I've walked home many a time with no issues. Usually get a taxi mind you. Cheap cos its so close to town and safer regardless wherever you live

Rialto isnt exactly a great place to live though

You obviously lived there before you moved to Tallaght.... Is there anything in particular you did not like?

I have walked home at night actually and i'm female - there's kids hanging around. Big deal most of them will get sick of the novelty after a while and by putting decent ppl into an area it diffuses situations like the one fatima was in. Some of the residents of fatima were re-housed the hard working ones who didn't cause any trouble. i'm from kilmainham (Down the Road) and I know how bad it was here. I'm living in these apartment 7 months and I've not seen any junkies or thugs or anyone who would scare me. the most i see are kids and teenagers hanging around and it's not as much as I thought I would see. I lived in rialto village right beside t he pub and used to talk to the ppl outside my front door coming in in the evenings - yes the old men who went out for a fag or the ppls u think night look "dangerous" and in fact ALL of the time they were hard working decent ppl who've had hard lives and don't mean any harm.

The decision is yours but I've been a member of this community for a while and I think it's great - it has it's problems but they're not as bad as ppl make out

Rialto isnt exactly a great place to live though. Try walking home from town to there some Saturday night and see what you think of the area then.

Have done several times. Also, a few years ago I used to live on Crumlin Rd and walked from town to there many weekend nights via the barn. Never once had a problem, ever. Nothing.

People won't go out of their way to say "I've had no problems!" when this applies to ten of them, but as soon as one person has a problem you'll hear about it. Bas news spreads.

The above comment is, in my opinion anyway, bullsh1t.

G.

i spent the first 28 years of my life living in rialto village. if i could sell my house and buy around the area i would do it in the morning.

great place to live

Dear o Dear

I feel sorry for the guys who bought at 300k+. These shoebox apartments will bottom at about 75k for a one bed and 125-150k for a two bed.

This thread is a great reason why you should never buy an apartment in this country.

Dear o Dear

I feel sorry for the guys who bought at 300k+. These shoebox apartments will bottom at about 75k for a one bed and 125-150k for a two bed.

This thread is a great reason why you should never buy an apartment in this country.

Why shouldn't they? Cos it's not for you? If owning a house means living in the suburbs or the commuter belt I'll give it a miss thanks!

I don't understand why people feel the need to come onto to threads just to post these sort of comments. I'm an adult - I weighed up my options, looked at the figures, they sort of lifestyle I wanted, spoke to people whose advice I respect and then made my choice.

Do I want to commute for 3 hours a day? Or am I happier that I'm home 10 mins after I finish work. Do I like that I can get to my family in half an hour or would I rather a 30 mile drive? Do I like that I can be in wonderful parks in 20 mins and the city centre in 15? Would I rather spend €30 on a taxi home after a night out or walk the 15 mins? 2 mins to the local shop instead of holed up somewhere in a soulless housing estate?

I've lived in apartments for 9 years and it suits my life very well thank you.

Dear o Dear

Glad you lost 800 euro on the flight where the airline went bust. From reading you 16 posts you come across as a someone who well deserved it. Karma Raymond, Karma!

Dear o Dear

What an ignorant comment.

You make yourself laughable with the "shoe box bottom out at 75k" remark. These apartments are the largest I've seen in Dublin at the price they were originally going for, and believe me I've seen many in my two-year journey to eventually buying. The 75k figure is insane. Pick that out of your dreams, did you? If you don't have a clue what you're taking about, then don't troll.

G.

Pyramid is merely expressing how low things will go now that there is a crash. Apartments won't be worth firewood

Glad you lost 800 euro on the flight where the airline went bust. From reading you 16 posts you come across as a someone who well deserved it. Karma Raymond, Karma!

Jimmy,
I got a chargeback for the full amount and a replacement flight for half price. Thanks for your concern anyway.

What an ignorant comment.

You make yourself laughable with the "shoe box bottom out at 75k" remark. These apartments are the largest I've seen in Dublin at the price they were originally going for, and believe me I've seen many in my two-year journey to eventually buying. The 75k figure is insane. Pick that out of your dreams, did you? If you don't have a clue what you're taking about, then don't troll.

G.

Seen that one bedroom apartments are at 165k now www.daft.ie/herberton , I think that by the time the dust settles on the property boom/bust 75k would be a fair enough estimate.
Prices are only going one way and will continue to do so for at least another three years.
From reading this thread it appears that many of the apartments are still empty. People have expressed concerns about the anti-social behaviour in the area. There are already issues with the plumbling and leaks etc. What more in 5, 10 or 15 years?

Pyramid is merely expressing how low things will go now that there is a crash. Apartments won't be worth firewood

NO, he is expressing how low he thinks things will go. I for one don't really give a dam what he thinks. He is bitter about something, probably because his Dad signed over the land to his brother and he got nothing....

I see Pyramid posts at 3am and 4am. Maybe he's just lonely and just companionship. It'd explain the attention-seeking posts. Have you tried MaybeFriends.com Raymond? I hear the ads on the radio, maybe worth a look. You might find someone that shares your humour there.

Back