Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

located in the building at the back of block A, where that glass elevator is. Its in the basement of that building.

Just to let you all know, this is the response I got from the management company when I mailed them yesterday about the doors not closing properly, and the problem with lack of security guards.....

I have e-mailed the developer once again and ask that they repair the door. If this is not carried out over the next day or two please let me know.

With regards to security they are on site 24 hours a day and it is the developer who is looking after them for the moment. When the development is completed it will then be the management company who takes control of security on site.

let me understand... 30 euro to become a member and than 30 euro for each month?

So... came home last night by car. There were three kids standing beside two security guys at the entrance. As we drove down to the shutter, a kid followed, and as the shutter was opening he grabbed on to it, holding it and lifting himself up three feet off the ground as he did. The guards did nothing.

This is one good way to break a shutter mechanism. I'm beginning to think these guards are nothing more than men in yellow coats.

Going to email Dermot about this and hope for a response.

Secondly, has anyone seen the (duplicated) pictures on all the retail units of coffee shops, clothes shops, pharmacies etc?

G.

Yes, confused at the coffee shop - thought they had corrected themselves and said there could be no restaurants/bars/cafés. Think I'll be asking the H & McD representatives a few questions tomorrow. :-D

Okay, got reply. They will talk to security firm again, and the cost of repairing the shutter will not come out of our management fee.

Yes, confused at the coffee shop - thought they had corrected themselves and said there could be no restaurants/bars/cafés. Think I'll be asking the H & McD representatives a few questions tomorrow. :-D

Please let us know what they say if you do ask.

G.

Yeah heard alot of kids shouting last night and thought it was coming from the car park. Those so called security guards dont seem to do anything other than sit by the car park. I was coming home the other night and there were about 5 kids trying to get into one of those doors where the "fake" shop posters are. The security guard was trying to close the door but they all got in and then tried to lock him out!!! unreal!
Think we should send a letter or formal complaint or something to the builders about the security guard situation, or lack of!
Talked to one of the builders myself this morning about the main door on the far side of the courtyard so they are going to look at it.

The leisure centre is fantastic it will be really nice. I saw a few scumbags - I mean children hanging around outside alright kicking the glass (Not for long) door on the lift to the carpark. I was leaving about twn mins later and while u could describe the roars i got as harrassment, they shouted "here youngone" and considering i'm 26 and married i was quite pleased with that comment. If they'd had said "Here missus" I might've been a bit p'd off.

anyway yeah the security guards have a tough job there I'd say. According to one of the security men the shutters were being costed to the management company (Ie. us ) next year so that's great to hear! I don't think those new apts will sell to be honest.

On another note has anyone notice the fire alarm in 4 herberton street hasn't gone off in a long time. have they d/c'd the mains? We had to replace the (emergency) batteries in the smoke alarm in the apt a short while ago. There was one stage where I was having midnight meetings with neighbours in the lobby with that fecking alarm going off.

I must say it's great to see there's other people out there - there's only us and another apartment full on our floor!!

Hi All, I have been down in Herberton to the viewings and I am pretty interested in buying there. I am reading your posts and a little put off by them. For the current price and location and on the luas there has to be some sacrafice. Info would be great. Thanks.

yeah those prices are unreal - you can imagine how sick we all are after seeing them!!! anyway the location is great, the apartments themselves are really nice, the courtyard and roof garden are lovely. The kids are a pain, but once they get proper security sorted it will be grand, and like someone said they will eventually get bored, most of them are very young and they are harmless. And to be honest if you want to live pretty much city centre then you'll probably have those problems wherever you go. I thought they were a decent deal when they were double the price, now you'd be crazy not to! G'luck with it all whatever you decide :)

Hi All, I have been down in Herberton to the viewings and I am pretty interested in buying there. I am reading your posts and a little put off by them. For the current price and location and on the luas there has to be some sacrafice. Info would be great. Thanks.

Don't be put off by our grievances. These are small things that are par-for-the-course with new developments, especially when a developer is running the management of the building before the management company take over. (Read "The Essential Guide to Apartment Living in Ireland" by Robert Gogan, he discusses this unavoidable issue.) They will be ironed out, but it may take a little pressure to get it done faster.

Herberton is a brilliant place to live. The luas is invaluable, all the bus routes are five mins walk away, as is Lidi and Rialto village. The Phoenix park is about 15 mins walk away, or 5 if you use the luas, easily available for weekend walks. Because of the luas at the door, the apartments should hold their value a lot more than those further out of town. Property prices fell a lot less inside the "outer ring road" of Dublin than outside it. Also the leisure centre seems to be getting good reviews, though i haven't been there yet.

G.

I heard that only 1 no. 1-bed apartment and 1 no. 2-bed apartment in the new launch are actually the price that is advertised in the newspapers and that all other prices are the same, if not greater than the last block that was launched several months ago. Maybe I am wrong on this and if so, I would love to be corrected. But I was told that from the price list last time around, the prices are either the same or have actually increased. This is probably in order for them to be a position to accept the lower bids that people will inevitably offer. However, shouldn't the asking prices be dropping over time in line with everything else?

I would love to be told I am wrong on this as I think the location is really great and the apartments do look great and good quality too. So please do correct me!! I am trying to convince a friend to buy there.

Hi all, thanks for your replys. I have been looking around for a while now and I have to say the leisure centre really impressed me as did the block A apartments. going to sleep on it, but think i'll be down with deposit tomorrow.

Most expensive one bed is 235k. 6th floor block a. Rest are 185 to 215k. 2 beds from 245 to 285k.

According to one of the security men the shutters were being costed to the management company (Ie. us ) next year so that's great to hear!

This is not true. Dermot confirmed by email that the shutter was repaired by the original installers at no cost.

G.

Well that's definitely good - would hate to have to pay for replacing things that the kids are vandalising.
Interest - you should definitely consider buying here though. There's another park other than the phoenix park, the memorial down at st john of god's school for the disabled. it's got 2 rose gardens (which aren't currently in bloom) but beautiful walks when the weather's good. So close to heuston and 25 mins from connolly train stations if you're going anywhere.

Bird Flanagan is a nice pub too for a local. I was in it midweek last week and it was quite full which is surprising. Nice outdoor area for the smokers etc too
Can't wait for a few shops to open up it'll make it easier to pick up bread and milk and general supplies.

Has anyone had any luck with getting free membership in the leisure centre? One other thing, we bought an apartment exactly the same as the 2 bed show apt in block b (first launch) - all of the other apt's we saw seemed to have the tv point in the living room is an awkward position - ie. the couches were turned side ways (With the exception of the duplexes I think) Has anyone found this a problem?

I viewed these apartments at the weekend. They have a great finish and I am considering buying . Although the average price is more like 270 to 280 and not 230 advertised!! Is this the same price that they were? I still think that they are worth it- but it would be useful info to have to help me haggle!! Your input would be appreciated.

Hi,

I live in Herberton Road, and love it here. We have the best butchers in the whole of Ireland. Ennis butchers in Rialto and the village is really old school Dublin which is lovely to be a part of.

Back