Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

It won't be worthless to me. It will be my home.

Same here. Nice home it is too. Block B, with the courtyard, is fantastic.

pyramid said:
From reading this thread it appears that many of the apartments are still empty. People have expressed concerns about the anti-social behaviour in the area. There are already issues with the plumbling and leaks etc. What more in 5, 10 or 15 years?

Before the last weekend there were 24 unsold from over 200 (?). That's 90% sold.

There is no anti-social behavior that I've seen, only some bored 14-year-olds messing around. I've seen people attacked in Templeogue, but never seen any incident in Rialto or Dolphin's Barn/Crumlin where I lived previously.

All plumbing problems have been fixed, and this is an inevitable problem that happens with every new apartment complex.

Do you have nothing better to do than troll on message boards and annoy people?

G.

Just a suggestion but it may be a good idea for the residents of Herberton to use the neighbours site to discuss things also. Otherwise you will always get people hopping onto this thread and trying to wind people up. People whom don't know the area but anonymously voiseing the opinion no matter how stupid it is..

I see Pyramid posts at 3am and 4am. Maybe he's just lonely and just companionship. It'd explain the attention-seeking posts. Have you tried MaybeFriends.com Raymond? I hear the ads on the radio, maybe worth a look. You might find someone that shares your humour there.

Maybe he just works different hours than you?

The only one bed at that price - if its still available- is a small ground floor one. The rest are about 195k- 200k.

Hate to start being negative after all the above comments. I'm in Block B, love living in Herberton (due to location etc).

BUT...

My apartment flooded back in November (and on the luas side Graham, think I'm the floor below you) and I still haven't been fully compensated by the builders. Not only that they still haven't had the plumbers come in and check that there are no other leaks. Until they do I can't replace the floors. My poor apartment is a mess and has been for five months now!! For the record, only got some compensation after threatening legal action and having contacted my solicitors to procced with an action for restitution.

The Builders left me short nearly €1000. They're still ignoring my calls and when they do answer blowing me off telling me they'll look into the matter and get back to me, which they never do.

P.Elliott are a pack of cowboys from what I've seen. And their customer service rep - incompetent on a good day!!

Hi Alpham
We had leaks and the builders are replacing our floors. We've been without floors for about 6 weeks now. We are ordering the floors from a family member who we got our furniture through in the first place. Diarmuid told us to let the builder's do the work and not order them and claim for the money back as there's little chance we'd get the money back. So just for your own sake make sure you get the builders to order the stuff for you. We had to do a bit of arguing and pushing and shoving but our floors on the way.
Best of luck with the apartment.

Thanks Lynsalot, but to be honest I just wasn't happy with the standard of finish on th skirting etc to begin with when I moved in so had all of that ripped out and replaced with solid oak skirting and architraves - much much prettier :)

I refused to let P.Elliotts let their men in to put down new floors. Going by all the initial problems I had in my apartment I can't imagine the standard of workmanship would be up to much (as well as the flood in November, my apartment had already flooded pre-snag, meaning a new boiler and wardrobes were just some of the things on my snag list).

Perhaps I'm being overly-particular, but I spent alot of money doing up the apartment when I first moved in and want the same standard of finish now. Under our contracts we're entitled to that guarantee.

That said apart from the builders dodgy antics, I do love my apartment, gym etc... But still pushing for free membership :)

How are you getting on with the free membership? I've paid for one month but I'd like to get free membership also to be honest. how are going about it??

Looks like the crane is coming down today! They were removing the counterweights with another crane this morning.

G.

Hi everyone, does anyone know where to look for someone to carry out a snagging list?

Thats great. i'll try them. somebody else mentioned homesnag also. so i'll try him

I have also used homesnag and found them very good.

Just found out that due to an inability to sell some of the apartments the developer won't be completing the final 26 units of the project in the near future. Dublin City Council are in discussions with the developer to reach a temporary compromise on what will happen to this piece of land.

interesting. possibly not good. just thinking of holiday-makers drinking until the wee hours on the balconies...

From the picture in Expedia it will not be Block A or B and we know they are trying to sell the remaining units there.
Plus no matter what dates you input into Expedia there are no rooms available. Seems like that plan is not quite up and running yet.

Hi, does anyone have contact details for the Herberton gym? I am not a resident but live nearby. Is it strictly members only or can you pay as you go? I've tried googling it but nothing comes up. Thanks : )

Back