Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

herberton gym is great. another great ammenitie to the exciting and growing area of Rialto.

Hi all, I have viewed the apartments in Block B the one bed dupliex and 2 beds and am very impressed with

the finish on them. Have walked around the area a few times and drove around at nite and it seem ok. Is there much hassel with kids at the weekends around here??
In relation to the roof top garden is restrictions at nite, just concerned about the noise at nite, i need my 8 hours!!!! Oh also does anyone know how much it is to get an extra parking space??
Thanks C.

Hi folks,
Just to let you know that St. James hospital has planning permission in for a 9 story private hospital, just opposite your appartments.

Construction traffic would use James walk for access and building will take anything from 33 to 45 months, if it goes ahead.

Part of the wall from the linear park would be removed to open the hospital up.

Application reference is 2751/09 and full details including plans and drawings can be viewed on [broken link removed].

Closing date for any comments is this Tuesday, 12-May.

The maps aren't great with that planning application but from what I can see, it doesn't come as far down as the apartments? It looks like it is down towards the Rialto Luas stop? Nine storeys would stick out like a sore thumb up there though.

There are currently 49 onbjections to it. I doubt it will go ahead in its present form.
The only reason I brought it up here is that the loacls have had a dreadful time with demolition and heavy construction trucks over the 5 years it took to redevelop Fatima into the Herberton apartments.

Hi, looking for some information from anyone who has bought on the top floor of either block A or B. I’ve been looking at an apartment on the top floor; the only thing holding me back is the horrible green locker right out side the front door of the one I wish to buy. Does every floor have one of these lockers {something to do with the lift}? Are they all Green? Has anyone been able to do anything to disguise these lockers? Thanks for the help…

Hi All,
after a lot of months of delay, (between bank, solicitor, etc, etc), I should move in Block A. I hope next week or the week after.

I created a group in Facebook, I think it's a good idea to build up a bit of community.

Hopefully, my apt and the others will not flood again :) I'm planning to fit the laminate floor by myself :)

Sam

Uma10, yes that just about sums it up. I'm living there since August and love it. Another charm of Rialto has to be the Bird Flanagan, theres always a great atmosphere in there whenever I've been.

Once i paid my deposit i stopped looking at prices:) so unsure if the have reduced further. But i know in the case of the one bed the from price related to ONE small apt on the ground floor. Prices then jumped alot and all the rest were fairly similiar. From was 165 but all others between about 195 to 215k (one beds)

Hi,
about me, I bought one bed apt in block A for 185k 52msq and 5k the parking, they should give me the key next or the next after week, but I don't trust in the to be honest.

I created already the facebook's group, I named Herberton, Dublin 8.

I read this morning that the house prices are going up in UK

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0529/housing.html

Sam

Hi,guys.
i will move soon in block b.yesterday i do a snaged and didnt was so bad.i hope soon to be in.

hi dear neigbours, i bought this lovely apt in blok B, i am hoping to move in in 2-3 weeks time. i would like to say hello to everybody.
(do you considering any meeting for introdution of each other by any chance?)

Hi. I'm just wondering. Those who have just moved in or hope to do so in the next couple of weeks, once you'd done the snag how long did they take to fix things and how long was it till you were ready to draw down. I snagged earlier in the week and an on a fairly tight schedule as i've had to give notice on my rented place.

thanks

i was told 5 to 10 workin days, but 2morrow is gonna be 14th day and still no answer. mabey it's because i had a broken window in one of the bedrooms and obviously it takes time to order and replace it. i am gonna ring Dermont early in the mo and ask again about it.

Thanks. But gosh thats a while- if mine takes that long it'll really be cutting it fine. So looking forward to it though :) I'm in block b too.

when it's so hot like today or was couple of days ago only think that's in my mind is this fantastic roof top tarace, u will definitely meet me there :))

i was told 5 to 10 workin days, but 2morrow is gonna be 14th day and still no answer. mabey it's because i had a broken window in one of the bedrooms and obviously it takes time to order and replace it. i am gonna ring Dermont early in the mo and ask again about it.

HAHA I just bought 3 bed in block A, Dermot was letting me in. He was saying he is everyone's best friend and worst enemy! Well done on the new place. How did the snag go generally? I'll be doing it myself in a week or 2 so anything I might need to watch out for?

HAHA I just bought 3 bed in block A, Dermot was letting me in. He was saying he is everyone's best friend and worst enemy! Well done on the new place. How did the snag go generally? I'll be doing it myself in a week or 2 so anything I might need to watch out for?

Hi Christy,
I went for the snag few weeks ago, and I didn't find big problems, a tile broken, scratches on the doors and my only big concern was the water pressure, Dermot told me that during the re-snag the pressure will be ok, tomorrow, probably hopefully I go for the re-snag.

So boring wait, I waited really a lot for this.

Sam

PS
Remember to join the facebook's group Herberton, Dublin 8

Yeah the waiting is the worst part alright. I'll keep an eye on the water pressure. Joining the facebook group as I type!

Back