EBS EBS update Dec 2017

They really are a disgrace , must have posted them at 5 pm Wednesday , our post usually max 2 days if posted early in morning in Dublin . Begrudgingly redressing .. roll on Monday ... hopefully

Phoned the helpline. Now saying large batch of letters being posted today and should receive by next Wednesday , was told last week that letters were to be posted out on wednesday 19th . Asked re figure for compensation but was told he did not have that info . They are a law to themselves , not impressed .

Hi all,

Also contacted help desk, I was told letters possibly were not yet posted (once posted a scan appears on the system) as the scan was not yet there he could not be certain and to call back Wednesday. I told him what I thought of EBS.

Many thanks,
BW

We should hardly be surprised at this stage.

Chaos and incompetence have been defining features of this entire saga.

Just to let you know, banks get a rate of 57c per letter from An Post, but it has an up to 3 day delivery time.

So if posted today, it could be Wednesday

That’s breached what they said I letter by 19 September , will we see it this quarter , maybe they are trying to push it into quarter 3. I honestly don’t trust them till I see it . This alone is grounds for appeal ....

I am going to ring them when helpline open and demand apology for this alone , give them hassle of issuing letter , going through compliant procedure . We should all complain and give them more work for their incompetence ( however this is probably planned so In competence not the right word ). These people don’t give a s .... until they are inconvenienced .

I called this morning. I was able to get the total amount of check send, that the letter was send Friday and the reduction to my outstanding amount

Lets say I knew the overcharging was X from calls before this week. The reduction in outstanding balance is half x. The check is for X + 25% of x. Actually little more than this. Overwhelming to be honest

Made up numbers but if I was overcharged 20k check is for 25k and outstanding balance is cut by 10k

I have followed this discussion for months without posting. thanks all for keeping it with current info

Delighted for you .
I haven’t had a chance to ring yet.
But thank you for posting , I am not mad into social media but I found this forum extremely useful and supportive . So thanks to all .

It can be overwhelming all this but hopefully finally overwhelming in a good sense .

Just called EBS.
Gave me total amount incl compensation which was alot more than I expected. Letters posted Friday so should be here tommorow fingers crossed.

Hi All
I am also part of the ebs redress letter 1 received in June and as I had to do a huge recapitalization in 2015 the capital owed has been adjusted and mortgage repayments have dropped, I called this eve and was given the figure more than I expected apparently letters were sent last Friday... I await patiently and the next battle with ex husband over payment instruction form needs to be signed as he did not contribute to the years impacted or ever engaged with the bank. Started with a tracker fixed for a period then never put back on the tracker, that's my back round. Wish me luck with the next step !

I was the same when told my figures but the actual breakdown letter could be another three months away, they refund before we see the details which I find strange especially as I need the exact dates affected all they can give me is years affected

Likewise called the helpline and was given a number approx 20% over my own calculations. Cheque should arrive tomorrow I suppose.

Now to figure out some suitably frivolous means of blowing this windfall.....:cool:

Absolutely agree bikini widow, there wouldn't be cheques arriving at anyone's door if it wasn't for the work of PK and his staff!

There should be some kind of award for such a person as Padraic , true and wise , I sure the road for him was just as difficult as for us , no doubt the banks made ever hurdle higher for him . Agree his team deserve payment but also recognition .
The bouncy baby arrived and I swear it gurgled and giggled at me !
Now to be able to breath and not sigh about financial matters .

I am just amazed by how much EBS would have gotten away with if not for folk like Padraic Kissane driving this to satisfactory resolution and turning on the lights for all of us.

What i would suggest is for anyone (not on his books) who got their EBS tracker back + compensation + Legal advice.

To give the legal advice part to Padraic and his staff. We would have nothing if not for them. I think Brendan put up his bank details before.

Many thanks,
BW

Totally second that! Can't even think for a second that any of us would have gotten to where we are today without the relentless fight and efforts from Padraic and his team. I only see a handful of frequent posters in this thread, so many (out of 500) who didn't go to Padraic but got trackers back and receiving redress this week may not be fully aware and appreciate that, this wouldn't have happened without Padraic & team. I too encourage them to give the legal advice part to Padraic & team.

Letter with the cheque arrived this morning! Though it doesn't even give a high level breakdown of different components, still a big sigh of relief finally after 8 long years!

I see what you mean about the letter being generic. It's got virtually nothing in it!

What are the circumstances that caused this failure to happen?

At a point in the past you moved your rate from a tracker to a fixed rate. When you took out the tracker you signed a tracker application form which warned you that could not return to a tracker rate if you moved off it. However, we now accept that potentially confusing wording in other documents that we provided to you, may have given you the expectation that you could go back onto your tracker when the fixed rate expired.

We deeply regret that this failure happened and we want to sincerely apologise.

No detail as to which part of the cheque is overpayment, compensation, professional fees...

I suppose I don't care all that deeply at this point but it's still shoddy work. Amateurish.

Back