Arena Court Tallaght Dublin 24

Rachel from elliots rang me said letters about snagging are going out this week.

Snagging block F week after next 24th on, then whatever amount of time to sort out snags.

Sounds like she was ringing a few people.

Nearly there.

Hi

For anyone who is interested. Just rang elliots. They are after telling me Block E wont be ready till end of Jan/Feb.

I actually think this is a disaster, Cant believe its taking so long to be ready.

I just rang hooke they had a meeting last week with p.elliots they said block E will be ready for snagging mid oct, Elliots is ringing me back in a while so see what they say ,

I talked to someone from elliots on sunday down at priors gate.

She said that there will be a show apt open in Arena on thurs 27th Sept from noon on to the the weekend.

Last I heard block F was snagging next week.

Seems like a lot of conflicting info.

ALthough passing every day to work F looks more finished than E less scaffolding and external works to be done as far as I can see.

Expecting a letter this week about a snagging date.

Will let yee all know what happens.

Frank

Things are happening now.

Snagging on Thursday by Tom from www.homesnag.ie

Solicitor is going for closing friday the 5th of Oct.

Just need to make sure everything is sorted to suit.

Usual nothing happens for months or years then it is blind panic get a move on.

Looks like there is a delay on the gym,due to be opened now mid october.Price for residents is now €30 PM for first year and then a bit more expensive in year two

There will be two phases of the gym but the pool should be open from the start.

How have people being getting on doing snags for block F?.

I am having a lot of problems with my apartment.They changed the whole layout of the apartment putting walls in where there should be none,nightmare.Going to take weeks to sort out.

I only realised that in the show apartment they actually put in 4ft beds so the rooms would look bigger.I would be very suprised if anyone could fit a 4ft 6 bed in them and have room for 2 small lockers.

Let me know if anyone else is having problems with the development

What are people's thoughts on the management fees?

1 Bed - €1800
2 Bed - €2100
3 Bed - €2300

interesting to see so many buying in Tallaght.Things are changing there.Mind you 2 reasons we are moving from where we are space & fees.Fees is a huge issue and I advise constant "on the ball" residents association

My Management fee is €1455.
Not too sure if this is for the full year or what is left of 2007.

Those management fee's are the highest i have ever heard of.Im getting very worried

bradz

it should be a full year.We pay every April. It is very important to check this asap and then budget for it. I don't know anyone that fees don't infuriate.Recently the Govt spoke of the carte blanche attitude to management companies so a new development needs to be on the ball from the start.Also check with the Consumers Association about uptodate info they may have.

Last I heard of the managment fee was around €1400

I know my place is laid out a bit different from the brochure, but not enough to worry, I think they did put something like that in

Arena now called new seskin court is not section 23 or anything like that.

Elliots still haven't got block insurance in yet.

I would imagine I should have keys next week probably end or so.

Then just a matter of getting the place liveable.

Not gonna hold my breath though.

Anybody snagged yet ?
I'm in Block E - I've been told they are ready for snagging but haven't received the notification to come in yet.

Since the launch over 4 weeks ago they have only sold about 6 apartments out of around 60 for sale.Its a massive difference from when they originally launched 2 years ago,think 150 apartment sold out in 2 or 3 days.

I have heard they are bringing in a gratutity system where resisdents will get a discount card for 10%-15% off local businesses,gym membership etc.I think this is to help with the sales.

There has been talk of a reduction in stamp duty in the next budget in the new year so i might try and hold off closing until then.

Has anyone actually moved in yet,if they haven't i would advise them not to pay the full management fee as they have yet to do anything to the gardens on the roof's

Solicitor said there is osmehting outstanding from the arctecht final something or other.

Won't be ready to close until end of next week at the earliest.

I have snagged and the snagger has been back.

The windows and frames are scratched to sh1te. Anyone else have the same problems?

Highlighted in my snag will be chasing Rachel to have another look next week before closing.

At least another 2 or 3 weeks before I get me own space again.

Seems to me they were very premature with the snag notice.

I just talked to the solicitor who is saying at least the end of next week although they said that last week as well. She is amazed that Elliots aren't biting our hands off for money and dragging this out so much.

Rachel came back saying mid term people took holidays hopefully ready for final check next monday or tuesday.

Anyone else have any more news or info?

i was on to hooke again and i was told block e wont be ready for snagging until the end of jan and we wont get keys till feb so theres a big disapointment !!