Arena Court Tallaght Dublin 24

ordinaryman

Hi all, am just wondering has anyone bought in this development?
The first phase only went on the market off plans in October 05 and was sold out within a few days.
Just looking for some general info on the place if anyone has purchased.
I am told that the next phase will be released sometime in 2006.

No major news re this development. Elliott's are building all over Dublin at the moment- but will this estate just be a haunt for EHB and welfare tenants. Heard of one Cavan customer who bought 10 apartments in the first phase- who said they are tight up there!

ordinaryman, the next phase are being released the end of March. You can contact Hooke MacDonald to put your name on the release list 01-6610100

I have a deposit on one of the 2 bed appartments, I was lucky to get there on the thursday of the release as the next 3 days everything just sold out like a shot.

I only work close by so was going to move in meself and save the commuting. Looks like a good location, the markting suite looked pretty good as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens in March so.

Frank,

Am hoping to take a look at the marketing suite this weekend, passed by it on sunday but was after 4pm! I noticed its on 2 floors, is it samples of 2 apts or what? Are there any duplexes in the complex?

Thanks

There is a 2 bed upstairs and what is an office and a model of the whole site on the bottom floor.

Did you have to arrange a viewing this weekend or are they open to the public again.

Haven't seen it in months, if I thought they were going to be open some weekends I could do with another look.

Must talk to Hooke again.

Does anyone have any indication of what the prices will be like in contrast with the first phase?

"Did you have to arrange a viewing this weekend or are they open to the public again. "

I'm only assuming they are open this weekend to the public - a friend of mine passed by a couple of weeks ago and said it was open, will check with Hooke aswell tho just in case!:)

For anyone interested in this development, I phoned the EA this morning. The show apartment is not open again until the next launch! At the moment, this is set for end of April/start of May but may even be pushed back to September because of the builders...so much for end of March!

Thanks Ciara

I thought that they were closed alright will have to keeep an eye for the next launch

Got a mail from Elliots to say that my place should be ready June or July guessing August.

Apparently show appartments will open again feb march.

Hi all and thanks for the replies.
Frank,glad to hear that you purchased one at the initial launch.
You mentioned that you were told taht it should be ready in June/July
What block are you in as each time I call the developers or agents I get a different answer.
Thanks,
Ordinaryman.

Hi ordinary

I am in block F, to be honest I was guessing they would be a few months late so from end of spring to end of summer is not too bad so far.

I have only asked once and I reckon I will wait until the marketing suite is open again and see what the story is.

Frank,do you mind me asking what level of price the one and two beds were in F block. I purchased one in E block and was told that it would not be ready until the end of the year. I am assuming that block E would be completed before F though maybe this is not the case at all, or they could be progressing in tandem with both.
It is a good while since I was up near the complex so am a bit out of touch on the visual progress being made.
Did you know that the 4 star hotel due to open on the corner is now going to be a 3 star and is due to open on the 10th March 07.
It will be called The Tower Hotel and is under the Towers hotel chain which I believe is owned by FBD.
So much for all the talk about a 4 star hotel.

ordinaryman

I hadn't heard much about the hotel to be honest. Just that was to be one on site. As long as there is a decent bar to fall home from that will do.

There is no chance the hotel will be open in 3 weeks unless you meant 10 march 08. might be more like it.

Pass by the place most days as I work up the road, going to get myself out of the traffic nightmare.

Things seem to be moving on. Looks like E and F are pretty much moving at the same pace as far as I can see from the road. Maybe someone was being over optomistic telling me the end of the summer.

The 2 bed I got first floor was 268k can't remember other prices, although I am sure I still have prices and brochure somewhere.

Any word on when the marketing suite will open again?

You gonna move in or is it an investment?

Frank,
Yes I heard that the marketing suite will not re-open at all, and that the developer is waiting until around September before the next launch.
The idea is according to Hooke that they will have some completed apartments at that point to sell and hence will not need to sell off plan,so no need for marketing suite.
That seems like a good price for a two bed apartment what size is it?
If you have the price list would you send it to me, as I did'nt manage to get a price list for F.
I bought a one bed in block E so was wondering what price they were at the initial launch to make a comparison.
Yes I bought it as a long term investment.

Hi all,

I'm wondering about a few particulars for Arena Court if anyone has the answers:

1. Are people aware there is a small halting site right beside the complex?
2. Does anyone know where exactly where the 2nd phase will be build in relation to the first (e.g. behind the current one if looking from the tallaght bypass?)
3. I've been told that there is no flooring that comes with the completed apartment. Is this the case with everyone else?
4. Does anyone know if there is any kind of security gate/controlled access to the residential part of the complex?
5. As far as applicances go - I've been told that it will be pot luck if you get a dishwasher as it is really down to whether or not your apartment will accomodate it after it is built for the reason that the size may differ slightly than that of the original plans. - Is this what others that are buying have been told?
6. Does anyone think that the completion date of July is going to happen?
7. As far as appreciation goes and the recent market slowdown does anyone want to speculate as to the guide prices for the 2nd phase of 1/2/3 apartments?

Interested in all and any feedback!

-George

Hi all,

I'm wondering about a few particulars for Arena Court if anyone has the answers:

1. Are people aware there is a small halting site right beside the complex?

-George

Map is quite small and a bit hard to read, but I can't spot a site beside it

Back