The Queen's Visit- what do you think?

I was in the city last night. The place looks great, all spruced up,

It's like the old Billy Connelly joke about how the Queen thinks the world smells of paint because everytime she visits somewhere, it has been given a fresh lick of paint prior to her visit.

I hope the visit goes well and shows that both of our countries can move on. The only gripe I have is that The Market is closed-off on Friday so I can't buy my usual "2 nice Cod fillets" for dinner :p

Hoax or not this tiny bunch of thugs have the power to cause Ireland a lot of damage.
Any nasty incidents in UK or here during the Queen's visit will cost this country millions in lost Brit tourism which Ireland needs.

The scum carrying out such threats and actions are dangerous traitors who are the very people responsible for the cost and inconvenience of the security measures.

Very well said Oldnick, these people are the scum of the earth. Ireland needs the money generated from the tourism from the queen's visit more than ever and here we have a handful of b******* trying to destroy it, may they rot in hell.:mad:

Hoax or not this tiny bunch of thugs have the power to cause Ireland a lot of damage.
Any nasty incidents in UK or here during the Queen's visit will cost this country millions in lost Brit tourism which Ireland needs.

The scum carrying out such threats and actions are dangerous traitors who are the very people responsible for the cost and inconvenience of the security measures.

Totally agree with this. This visit could do wonders for Ireland's image but a few so called 'patriots' would be quite happy to mess all that up and lose us a fortune.

I was looking at the nutty Eirigi website talking about the arrival of the Commander of the British army yada, yada, yada . What a load of old tosh. The only thing the Queen orders is probably a cup of tea and a rest from Philip.

The Queen is an old lady, a nice one too I think. I'm not into monarchies, but the Brits like theirs, and they're entitled to it. I might slag it off, but it's a free world. If these nutters really cared about Ireland they would promise to leave the Queen alone, save the state a fortune in all the security, let her meet some people, relax and enjoy herself. Cead mile failte your Majesty.

PS any tips for the 1.30 at Doncaster?

I hope the visit goes well and shows that both of our countries can move on. The only gripe I have is that The Market is closed-off on Friday so I can't buy my usual "2 nice Cod fillets" for dinner :p

It's all this going to "The Market" on a Friday that has the country in the mess we're in.

Speculating on the price of Fish and Chips is no way to finance the running of the country.

Eirigi - I thought it was only Bean a Ti's in the Gaeltacht said that.

While I'm all for freedom of speech, there's a time and place for everything and in expressing their "rights" they should not be given a disproportionate hearing over the rest of us, say, 99.82% of the population who bear the Queen no personal ill will and are keen to show the British people that we have respect for them, welcome them here, and accordingly have no desire to insult their representatives (whether we're that keen on the representatives, or even the notion of a monarchy, or not).

As an aside, I recently saw GAA county board minutes where one delegate wanted to know who had invited the Queen to Croke Park (& while I wasnt there I gather it wasnt because this person wanted to send them a thank you card!).

I hope they keep those plain doughnuts (next to the Olive stall) under the counter until she's gone !

So one viable device found on a bus in Maynooth and a security alert beside the Luas line. And she hasn't even arrived. I think it is time for internment.

Complete and utter scumbags of the highest order.

The headlines we were all hoping for

http://news.sky.com/skynews/ (Obviously Sky builds it up to epic proportions but people still read it)

Loads of good comment too. Saw BBC news last night at 10pm, the usual good mature reporting. Its a historic visit, and WHEN it all goes off without incident there will be a celebratory feel to it - expect the Sunday papers both here and in Britain to gush about ....... new relationship.... shackles of the past..... coming together of closely linked peoples.....Queen joked about X,Y,Z.

In the meantime I'm as nervous and apprehensive as the next person about what could go wrong, but overally I'm confident it will be great. Its like getting ready to play the final, you're nervous but there's nowhere you'd rather be and when the game is over and you have the trophy, its only then that you actually enjoy it.

In the meantime I'm as nervous and apprehensive as the next person about what could go wrong, but overally I'm confident it will be great. Its like getting ready to play the final, you're nervous but there's nowhere you'd rather be and when the game is over and you have the trophy, its only then that you actually enjoy it.

Calm down Betsy! :)

Check out Sky News - all she's missing is an orange beard and she'd have the full leprechaun outfit !!:D

I think she looks absolutely brilliant - the rest of the crew all look like they've raided McElhinneys on an off-day.

Back