Boots No7 Miracle cream

Does it work miracles for men also or is it a womens only cream.Fast approaching 50 in Sept in dire need of a miracle.

Well I read in the article that the bloke testing it was in his 50's and says he intends on using it as it worked wonders.

Indeed, my strategies of not smoking and staying out of the sun are clearly working then!

Dermologica is excellent but pricey.

www.strawberrynet.com is great for dermologica products. Way cheaper than buying it in any of the outlets in ireland. No connection with the site except a happy customer.

Back on topic, I have heard great things about the boots creamer. I think €30 is relatively cheap. A good moistuiser will cost than anyway.
And it's a **************************, which means that you should use it very sparsely (sp?)
I'll defintely be trying the cream when it come back in stock, if I can get my hands on it.

I do not want to pour cold water on this but they say that if something seems too good to be true then it usually is.
I think that if something has such a dramatic effect then it has to be working at a deeper level which would indicate what I can only refer to as interferance.
I think that the long term effect of interfeering with things is never known until it is too late.
I have good skin as a result of being vegetarian for so long and getting so many antioxidants and I think that that is the way to go. Skin is better being fed from the inside out and not the other way round and that ingredent in the cream that they are praising is just another antioxident. Spend the money on strawberries.

I'm allergic to strawberries! :(

Woods, while I take your point about what we put into our bodies being of paramount importance, it is also true to say that any antioxidants consumed are firstly used up to maintain the organs, the last on the list is the skin. It is well and truly scientifically proven that antioxidants applied topically ensure the skin gets its share! I don't see anything wrong with feeding the skin from the outside in, as well as inside out.

I was just going to say how long before they report back that its actually bad for your skin because of some ingredient or other.

I'd also have to say what's so bad about a few ol' wrinkles, I'm growin' into mine :)

I was just going to say how long before they report back that its actually bad for your skin because of some ingredient or other.

I'd also have to say what's so bad about a few ol' wrinkles, I'm growin' into mine :)

The ingredients have been tried and tested for a long time. I think what might have changed is the base, i.e. the carrier cream. It's well known for example that substances like collagen cannot cross into the skin (even though it's in some creams) because the molecules are too big.

I've no problem growing into my wrinkles but if there's something out there that'll let me grow back out of them then great!:D It's only a moisturiser after all.

Have a look at [broken link removed] which also does good Dermalogica deals - and their postage isn't too expensive either (at least it wasn't last time I purchased!).

La Roche-Posay is a very good brand and is used by French dermatologists in the their skin repair procedures. A friend of my daughter who worked in a pharmacist did a few seminars with them in order to know what products to recommend. Many of the customers came back to her and said they definitely noticed a difference in their skin. One of the products with somewhat similar potential benefits to Boots Protect & Perfect is priced at 24.50 and you will never have to queue as loads of chemists have that brand.

I have good skin as a result of being vegetarian for so long and getting so many antioxidants and I think that that is the way to go. Skin is better being fed from the inside out and not the other way round and that ingredent in the cream that they are praising is just another antioxident. Spend the money on strawberries.
Chances are that if you have good skin it is because of good genes, keeping out of the sun and not smoking. Although there is evidence that a healthy diet is good for many things including skin, there is no evidence that eating meat is bad for your skin.

Chances are that if you have good skin it is because of good genes, keeping out of the sun and not smoking. Although there is evidence that a healthy diet is good for many things including skin, there is no evidence that eating meat is bad for your skin.
I am willing to bet that if you know anyone who has been vege for many years they look much younger than their age.

I am willing to bet that if you know anyone who has been vege for many years they look much younger than their age.

I have a lot of friends my own age who are vegetarian and they don't look younger. If I had to pick a group of female friends who have stayed younger looking - its the ones who don't smoke, drink minimally and wear minimal makeup. There is a theory that vegetarians actually age slightly more as a lot of them (not all!) don't tend to get as much protein as meat eaters, and protein keeps you looking younger apparently. i know there are other forms of protein but I think I read that a lot of other sources don't contain all 8 or 9 amino acids needed. I haven't a clue if this theory is true i just read it somewhere in case vegetarians come on attacking me in hoards for saying they are haggard!!

This cream - and the study shown on BBC program Horizon might not be all it is cracked up to be.
See http://www.badscience.net/?p=410 for more details. Apparently the study was funded by Boots - which is OK I suppose - but the tests and the other products used in comparisons were questionable.
Great marketing ploy by Boots - and plenty of willing wrinkly customers out there to be conned.

I have a lot of friends my own age who are vegetarian and they don't look younger. If I had to pick a group of female friends who have stayed younger looking - its the ones who don't smoke, drink minimally and wear minimal makeup. There is a theory that vegetarians actually age slightly more as a lot of them (not all!) don't tend to get as much protein as meat eaters, and protein keeps you looking younger apparently. i know there are other forms of protein but I think I read that a lot of other sources don't contain all 8 or 9 amino acids needed. I haven't a clue if this theory is true i just read it somewhere in case vegetarians come on attacking me in hoards for saying they are haggard!!

This is correct. Vegetarians are supposed to combine foods so that they have a complete protein with each meal. IMO a lot don't and are not getting the amount of protein they need. The skin takes on a flabby look due to lack of tone. Personally I have very close friends who are vegetarian and do not look younger. Smoking, drinking and pollution are the worst offenders.

Gillarosa, I think that cream may be called RedermiC...excellent. It's vitamin C ester.

Back