Boots No7 Miracle cream

foxylady

Has anybody heard the latest craze about boots no 7 protect and perfect beauty **************************? Apparently people were queueing from 5.30 in the morning fro this cream after it was featured on Horizon.

it's sold out in every boots here for the last ages!! they say they are due more in!

Apparently Boots have been working round the clock in an endeavour to keep up with demand. Now they have run out of bottles, packaging etc. as well!!
The cream contains a retinoid which is usually on prescription in large amounts. Horizon found the cream worked with smaller doses. This means Boots does not have to go through the expense of having it tested by the 'powers that be'. This means they can sell it for approx 30 euro as opposed to the hundreds some of these creams cost! Happy days!

Has anybody used it? 30euro still a lot of money to spend to "try" something. Any feedback appreciated from those "beautiful complexioned" people walking around who have used it.

Apparantly their Age Defense Night ************************** has the same effect, and it is in stock and cheaper.

I know someone in London who's used it. She swears by all Boots products but she says this one is definitely different and that her wrinkles are disappearing.....not just the appearance of them but the actual wrinkles. Mind you, she's 70, so maybe her eyesight is going!:eek:

Whats the 'effect'. I'm dying to know!

On the BBC programme they showed that it regenerated skin tissue, effectively eliminating wrinkles, it was something the Scientists did not expect to find in a product marketed as a cosmetic as it has the properties of a medical grade product.

On the BBC programme they showed that it regenerated skin tissue, effectively eliminating wrinkles, it was something the Scientists did not expect to find in a product marketed as a cosmetic as it has the properties of a medical grade product.

Exactly, RetinA (vit A) is usually prescribed for people with bad skin, acne etc. It's effect is to peel the skin, allowing new skin to form. However it's not without it's problems while using....can cause redness, scarring if overused and one should definitely not go out in the sun.

The Boots product apparently has the UP side with none of the DOWNS.

Happy Girl, do you really think 30 is expensive for cream these days? I think they're all a scandalous price but, if it does what it says on the tin, 30 is excellent.

Has anybody used it? 30euro still a lot of money to spend to "try" something. Any feedback appreciated from those "beautiful complexioned" people walking around who have used it.

That would be me lol!
And no, I didn't queue overnight to get it, was in a small Boots branch last weekend and happened to see a few bottles so picked it up to see what all the hype was about!

Em, what can i say, its nice.... makes your skin feel very soft, but that said i've got pretty good skin anyway, and i'm only 28 so not too haggard yet!
Oh and it was only €23, which i think is fairly standard?

Happy Girl, do you really think 30 is expensive for cream these days? I think they're all a scandalous price but, if it does what it says on the tin, 30 is excellent.

No don't think it too expensive for cream if it does what it says on the tin. I have paid 60euro for dermalogica products in the past. Just as with most women I have a drawer full of half used bottled and would like to have a little bit of feedback from users before I would paid 30euro for a bottle that might end up in that drawer.

Update: someone in work has just told me i look very "fresh faced". If this is the result after a week of use, I'm going to look positively fab-a-lous after the recommended 4 weeks lol ;)

Does it work miracles for men also or is it a womens only cream.Fast approaching 50 in Sept in dire need of a miracle.

No don't think it too expensive for cream if it does what it says on the tin. I have paid 60euro for dermalogica products in the past. Just as with most women I have a drawer full of half used bottled and would like to have a little bit of feedback from users before I would paid 30euro for a bottle that might end up in that drawer.

Well I can certainly relate to that....you should see the size of my drawers!:eek: In the last year I've only bought products which can be returned if it doesn't suit my skin e.g. La Roche Posay etc. Dermologica is excellent but pricey. Bought their facial scrub lately and paid about 50 (can't remember) for it. The main ingredient is ground up oatmeal! Oh for my hippy days back again.:)

Back