Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Re: Affordable Housing- Cork County

Hi again all, I've recieved a letter about allocation of properties on Togher Rd, does anyone know wheter these houses are built yet, and where in Togher Rd they are?

i can answer that myself now, was just on to the council, they are just round the corner from the credit union, by the traffic lights, there's about 500 ppl being considered for it, and they have 20 houses to allocate.

i can answer that myself now, was just on to the council, they are just round the corner from the credit union, by the traffic lights, there's about 500 ppl being considered for it, and they have 20 houses to allocate.
Hi vikinggirl, they look like nice houses but the only problem is they are allocating 20 to affordable housing and the other 50 to social housing. so some people will be paying alot of money and other very little.

those houses in togher road are on the same road as the credit union on the opposite side. i dont think i would be to keen on takin up an offer of an affordable house there when the ratio of social ones is so high to be honest.

you have a point, but I don't think I have a chance anyway to be honest. With so many people in line for it, and only 20 houses. They haven't even assessed my file yet, so I don't have any points :(

Hi vikinggirl, they look like nice houses but the only problem is they are allocating 20 to affordable housing and the other 50 to social housing. so some people will be paying alot of money and other very little.

Hahaha..I'm sure those who pay full price for their houses in estates where there are also affordable houses feel the same way about us...:D

Hahaha..I'm sure those who pay full price for their houses in estates where there are also affordable houses feel the same way about us...:D
I suppose but at least we are paying a decent chunk of the cost compared with social housing.

Anybody hear anything about an interview for Douglas/Carrigaline/Ballincollig?

Anybody hear anything about an interview for Douglas/Carrigaline/Ballincollig?
Hey SS

Ive heard nothing from the council since I got that letter from the council 2 weeks ago telling me to go and get loan approval from the bank. Did you get one of these yet? Got refused from IIB & BOI, and waiting on EBS to get back to me on Friday. They said they could prob anly approve me for 165k, which will only get me a 2 bed, which I wouldnt be interested in as I have a son & a daughter. But I have to send this in anyway. I have since rang & asked what'll happen with my case as my approval is too low, and I have been told that they will review certain cases that they think will benefit from Shared Ownership - so Im still holding out hope that Ill get to buy this way. Think they are gonna then start interviews over the coming weeks. Feeling sick over it all now to be honest!

Hey SS

Ive heard nothing from the council since I got that letter from the council 2 weeks ago telling me to go and get loan approval from the bank. Did you get one of these yet?

Ah they will def take your situation into account. I haven't got any letter but rang yest. and because I got 150 points I would be in the next batch of letters but sure by then they could all be allocated already.
Did they give you a date of when you have to get back to them by?

Ah they will def take your situation into account. I haven't got any letter but rang yest. and because I got 150 points I would be in the next batch of letters but sure by then they could all be allocated already.
Did they give you a date of when you have to get back to them by?
I was basically told to get back to them as soon as possible. Within the next week or two I think. They just want everything in so they can process the loan approvals, and then send out the next batch, which hopefully will mean your getting yours!!

I was basically told to get back to them as soon as possible. Within the next week or two I think. They just want everything in so they can process the loan approvals, and then send out the next batch, which hopefully will mean your getting yours!!
hopefully fingers crossed, I would just love to hear a bit of good news. Well I will let you know of I hear anything.

hopefully fingers crossed, I would just love to hear a bit of good news. Well I will let you know of I hear anything.
I know exactly what you mean, its like we're in limbo for sooooo long at this stage! I will certainly let you know if I hear anything worth passing on to you. Hopefully we'll both be hearing good news, this year at least!! Good Luck with the letter arriving........

any news on the allocation of housing in ballincollig.we sent in the approval in principle last two weeks but still waiting to see if we are going to be allocated a house.

Thank god - got my approval today, after initially being refused. Thrilled, it was a totally unexpected phonecall, and today was the deadline to have all approvals/refusals in, and I was gonna go over to the county hall with my refusals, when I got the call, followed by a fax with my approval! Please god after all this that I will actually get allocated a house!!!!!!

Anyone know how long it will before decisions are going to be made on allocating the houses in Ballincollig? I sent in my approvals last week and just wondering what happens next........

great news that you got your approval dylanjohn, i got a phone call today from the council to come in next week for an interview did anyone else get a call?

Hi Bigbum,

Was that interview for the houses in Ballincollig?

great news that you got your approval dylanjohn, i got a phone call today from the council to come in next week for an interview did anyone else get a call?
Thanks Bigbum, Im so thrilled! Didnt hear of anybody getting called for interviews for Ballincollig yet, so hopefully the ball will start rolling with that soon enough. Let me know how it goes anyway & Good Luck!!

Hi dylanjohn,

Just wondering have the council given you any indication of when they will start the interview process and what houses are being given out first.

Back