Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Re: Affordable Housing- Cork County

Oh no, really. What were they saying about them, I missed it!!

They were saying it going to be like a ghetto and all this stuff.

Did you see my blog 2 by the way the interviews have started for Ballincollig.

I was just onto the council they started some of the interviews today for Ballincollig!
Hi Suzy,

So they have finally started!! They must have started with the people with the top points and they'll work their way down to us with 155 points, please god we'll hear soon, I cant stand any more waiting!! Did they give any more info, like how long the interview process will take, and when they are actually allocating houses? I just dont want to ring, as I feel like I have annoyed them too much over the last few months! Also, just again, Im wondering what was said on the radio about Greenfields.....

Hi Suzy,

So they have finally started!! They must have started with the people with the top points and they'll work their way down to us with 155 points, please god we'll hear soon, I cant stand any more waiting!! Did they give any more info, like how long the interview process will take, and when they are actually allocating houses? I just dont want to ring, as I feel like I have annoyed them too much over the last few months! Also, just again, Im wondering what was said on the radio about Greenfields.....

They said they will be ringing people to arrange interviews about a week in advance. They started today and they will be def interviewing everyone who sent in approvals. She didn't say when they would be allocating just that they need to get the interviews done first. I'm just curious if they was any other way of finding out anymore info. It's ridiculous the way the leaving us in the dark as to whats going on. 96fm had a caller saying that Greenfields was going to be like a ghetto.

They said they will be ringing people to arrange interviews about a week in advance. They started today and they will be def interviewing everyone who sent in approvals. She didn't say when they would be allocating just that they need to get the interviews done first. I'm just curious if they was any other way of finding out anymore info. It's ridiculous the way the leaving us in the dark as to whats going on. 96fm had a caller saying that Greenfields was going to be like a ghetto.

Im not gonna leave that put me off. I know there is always a risk with social houses being in the estate, but if thats the case Highfields will be the exact same. I wonder why the caller pinpointed just Greenfields, any idea?? So we'll be called for interview soon please god!!

Corkwan, how many points did you get?

Has anybody else been asked to get mortgage approval for Douglas, if so how many points do you have?
My head is wreaked from waiting, I got 150 points but haven't heard anything from the council yet.

Im not gonna leave that put me off. I know there is always a risk with social houses being in the estate, but if thats the case Highfields will be the exact same. I wonder why the caller pinpointed just Greenfields, any idea?? So we'll be called for interview soon please god!!

I dunno I suppose it was because the other estates are private. I suppose we should be getting a call in the next week or 2. The girl I was talking to was very vaque so we will have to wait and see Fingers Crossed. I'll keep you up to date.

I dunno I suppose it was because the other estates are private. I suppose we should be getting a call in the next week or 2. The girl I was talking to was very vaque so we will have to wait and see Fingers Crossed. I'll keep you up to date.

Well no, cos Highfields is a mix of social, affordable & private. There will be a lot of social houses in Highfields aswell. But sure, I dont even have a house yet anyway so Im not complaining, I honestly wouldn't mind where they offered me a house once they offer me a house!!! But ya, Ill def keep you up to date also if I hear of anything, hopefully it will be good news!

Well no, cos Highfields is a mix of social, affordable & private. There will be a lot of social houses in Highfields aswell. But sure, I dont even have a house yet anyway so Im not complaining, I honestly wouldn't mind where they offered me a house once they offer me a house!!! But ya, Ill def keep you up to date also if I hear of anything, hopefully it will be good news!

I really dunno why they just picked greenfields. I didn't hear exactly what they were on bout it was one of firends was telling me. I just wish they would hurry on with it. Did you ring the council or anything to see if you could get anymore info on what's going on.

Hi Suzy,

No I never rang, the girl in there that answers the phone most of the time knows me now from ringing so much in the past, that I actually feel like Im annoying her, so Im trying not to ring. I always come off the phone from them feeling annoyed cos they never tell me what I want to hear. They just dont seem to want to divulge any information for some reason! So Im just gonna wait for the phonecall to come in for the interview, and please god they will actually tell me at that point whether Im getting a house or not. Is that the point of the interview do you think - to tell us if we were successful or not??

Hi Dylanjohn,

I say we would have to wait longer than that. She said they would be allocating after all the interviews are completed.

Hi Dylanjohn,

I say we would have to wait longer than that. She said they would be allocating after all the interviews are completed.

Really, thats more of it now so, I really thought we would find out some idea on the day to be honest!! Wishful thinking on my part! Im very curious as to what exactly is discussed in this interview.........

I don't have a clue what the purpose of the interview is really so we will just have to wait and see and wait for the phones to ring!!!!!!!(hopefully soon). I just wonder how long the whole interview process is even going to take let alone allocation of the houses.:confused:

I know, its crazy really, the houses are just sitting there all lovely & new just waiting for people to occupy them - come on council! Question - would you be still put off Greenfields if you were offered one? I have heard from a couple of people that they are fantasic & very well built houses, that might put your mind at ease about them if you do get offered one. I genuinely would love one, regardless as to what some people have to say - I was in them, and they really are a nice house! Id hate to think that you or anyone else would be disappointed getting offered one of them!!!

Just a quick note - a girl I know in Ballincollig got a letter today telling her she got a council house in Greenfields, so they are starting to give them out now.... Affordable shouldn't be much longer please god!

No I'd still be delighted to get one! I just wish the whole process would hurry up but I know a few people who def don't want Greenfields because of the ratio of council houses that will be in there. Hopefully some 1 might be able to give us some information on the interview and what they go into and stuff soon.

Just a quick note - a girl I know in Ballincollig got a letter today telling her she got a council house in Greenfields, so they are starting to give them out now.... Affordable shouldn't be much longer please god!

Hi Dylanjohn,

I had a look at houses in greenfields they looked lovely just a bit small. The end ones had huge gardens. Did you here anything from the council or anything.

Hi Suzy,
Have heard nothing, I might give them a ring after, Ill see.They are just not forth coming on the phone at all, and I feel like I am putting them out just by ringing!! Ya, the end ones are fab, Id love one of them. I am presuming they are the ones that are 210k, the mid terrace will prob be a bit cheaper. Wud love to be given the option though of buying the end of terrace.

Yeah I'd say they are the ones for 210k but are all the affordable in Greenfields 3 beds I didn't see any smaller houses so I was wondering then about the price scale they put on the letters. I was going to ring them aswell today but like you feel like I'm annoying them but all this waiting is driving me mad. They surely have some idea at this stage what our chances are they know how many people are ahead of us and they know what approvals people got so they have to have a fairly good idea by now.

The houses look the same but I could see 4 out of the 23 aff houses that were smaller. So there are 19 3 bed there. They must have some idea all right, but a friend of mine who got 150 points, rang after she sent in her approval, and they wouldnt even take her ref no. They were just very general on the phone saying they would be working their way down the list starting with the people on the highest points, but we know that already. Im also curious whats the cheapest 3 bed in Highfields. The way its looking, I will only be able to afford Greenfields anyway. What about yourself?

The houses look the same but I could see 4 out of the 23 aff houses that were smaller. So there are 19 3 bed there. They must have some idea all right, but a friend of mine who got 150 points, rang after she sent in her approval, and they wouldnt even take her ref no. They were just very general on the phone saying they would be working their way down the list starting with the people on the highest points, but we know that already. Im also curious whats the cheapest 3 bed in Highfields. The way its looking, I will only be able to afford Greenfields anyway. What about yourself?

I did ok with the approvals so I 'm ok there. Was it the front ones were the smaller ones. I think if you ring and ask for a specific person you tend to get more info. They should even know by now when we should expect to called for an interview. I understand they are busy but if they just told people what was going on they wouldn't have all the phone calls & questions. They gave a price range for between 160-210k for greenfields so if the houses are all more or less the same I wonder how is there that much of a gap in the prices we were given.

Back