Where to meet single women

I'm from Kilkenny and Langtons and John St seems to be full of Dubs on a Saturday night. Kilford Arms has a bit of a name as being a rought place. I was also banned from there by my parents. One time i did go i was pushed on the dance floor, sprained my wrist and my friend and i had to walk down the street to another pub before ringing my mum.

Ha....maybe we should organise a social night out for everyone to get us all started! I'm a single woman in Dublin and also find it very difficult.

Single people!! Why not do the online dating thing? Its fun, you get to meet new people when theyre sober as opposed to 4am straggling up the main street somewhere, and you can get to know the person before you meet them!

Ive a number of single friends who bemoan dublin and say its impossible to meet anyone. There should be some kind of 'single people looking to hook up for longer term than just a one nighter' type of venue for everyone.

Only reading this thread now. Totally empathise with the OP. Its hard!! I haven't been in a relationship for a while as I got a bit disillusioned. I'm not a girly girl and find thats a bit of a problem. I'm 30, solvent, own home, intelligent (I think!) ...and people say I'm very pretty but I'm not sure. Its all subjective I suppose :D

I actually like being single .... but people (including my family) have started insinuating that I am getting on a bit!!!

I like being single too. Admittedly just out of a year's relationship, but had more problems in that one year than in 5 previous years of being single. Relationships have there pro's, but a lot more con's than singledom. I'm only 27 and like a good quote I heard "Marriage is an insitution, I'm just not ready to be institutionalized"

Relationships have there pro's, but a lot more con's than singledom.

I disagree. It all depends on the relationship.
I think there are some merits in being single, and other merits in being in a relationship - its not black and white.

I disagree. It all depends on the relationship.
I think there are some merits in being single, and other merits in being in a relationship - its not black and white.

I guess I should have rephrased that, in my opinion, that is. I'm sure many people think good of relationships, I just don't have a good one to compare with yet.. Oops.. must be me haha:eek:

I guess I should have rephrased that, in my opinion, that is. I'm sure many people think good of relationships, I just don't have a good one to compare with yet.. Oops.. must be me haha:eek:

Well its just there is good and bad in both. Im ina good one now - but I loved being single too. And I had some bad ones, but I always reckoned each bad one taught me more about what I didnt want from a relationship - which brought me nearer to what I did want!!

In saying that if I could wave a magic wand and go back and change thngs, I would have stayed single in late teens and early twenties, I wasted a lot of time then in relationships when I could have been out having a good time.

I know someone dissed the suggestion of Macra, but I know at least one guy who met his wife by joining the Cork City branch of Macra! (And neither of them had a farming connection - not a quota or a bit of road frontage between them;) What about a political party?! Drama group? Film club?

I know someone dissed the suggestion of Macra, but I know at least one guy who met his wife by joining the Cork City branch of Macra! (And neither of them had a farming connection - not a quota or a bit of road frontage between them;) What about a political party?! Drama group? Film club?
. . . or a choir. Don't knock it. Men are genuinely difficult to find in these female-dominated groups. They drink themselves silly at social gatherings, often go away for weekends together, and generally are really pleasant people to be with. Even if you do not excel in the singing stakes, I can vouch for the fact that they are not that fussy.

Back