Where to meet single women

askU

Where are the best places to meet single women in Cork apart from clubs and nights out. I'm a 28 year old man and getting sick of the club scene. Meeting a girl that is like minded is most important. All suggestions greatfully accepted.

Last edited:
Hobbies & activities are normally the best route....hill walking, book club or do a car maintenance course (a girl I know did one to meet a guy, but obviously the other 15 women in the class though the same, there were 2 middle aged blokes there!!)

A mate of mine has joined a tag rugby team and has great fun. A team need a certain amount of women in it so there is sure to be some there.

my good friend is on match.com. she said its very cork based... dont know any other site shes goes into.... she met a lovely guard and dated him for a few weeks. I'd give it a go if i was single, no problem.

my brother chats women up in the supermarket, he says its the best place to meet "chicks" as he calls them..... *tuts*

A (single) friend of mine has met 3 guys so far she met on facebook and she had a great time.... maybe worth a look?

A (single) friend of mine has met 3 guys so far she met on facebook and she had a great time.... maybe worth a look?

I would have assumed he was looking for something a bit more longterm...

Well, she is looking for long-term, she met them online, got chatting, met three of them, had a nice time each time, but hasn't found the one yet. And from what I gather, these guys are also looking for long-term.

Stumbleupon.com is pretty good too as its default operation is to put up profiles of people whose interests overlap with your own.

Hobbies & activities are normally the best route....hill walking, book club or do a car maintenance course (a girl I know did one to meet a guy, but obviously the other 15 women in the class though the same, there were 2 middle aged blokes there!!)

Hill walking? Book Club? Why not join Macra na Feirme and just give up the will to live completely. For Christ sake you are only 28, get a grip and go to places where you know that you will meet people your own age. You would swear your life is over when it is part beginning. Clubs and pubs are fine but in most areas there are other groups who meet on a regular basis which do not require you to walk up a hill or read a book. Yawn!

hill Walking? Book Club? Why Not Join Macra Na Feirme And Just Give Up The Will To Live Completely. For Christ Sake You Are Only 28, Get A Grip And Go To Places Where You Know That You Will Meet People Your Own Age. You Would Swear Your Life Is Over When It Is Part Beginning. Clubs And Pubs Are Fine But In Most Areas There Are Other Groups Who Meet On A Regular Basis Which Do Not Require You To Walk Up A Hill Or Read A Book. Yawn!

Lol

Hill walking? Book Club? Why not join Macra na Feirme and just give up the will to live completely. For Christ sake you are only 28, get a grip and go to places where you know that you will meet people your own age. You would swear your life is over when it is part beginning. Clubs and pubs are fine but in most areas there are other groups who meet on a regular basis which do not require you to walk up a hill or read a book. Yawn!
I dunno DeclanP. Having a context in which to meet others takes the pressure off both.

I have two older sisters who are very pretty , (one was a model) , and both cant find a man, they think they are now past it !! 30 and 31 respectively .

They have both had partners but it didnt work out, one is at the "always the bridesmaid never the bride stage" and its getting her down , even refused to be my bridesmaid as she finds it embarrassing that im marrying before her.

So its not only men who cant find women!!!

Dont give up!!

I have two older sisters who are very pretty , (one was a model) , and both cant find a man, they think they are now past it !! 30 and 31 respectively .

They have both had partners but it didnt work out, one is at the "always the bridesmaid never the bride stage" and its getting her down , even refused to be my bridesmaid as she finds it embarrassing that im marrying before her.

So its not only men who cant find women!!!

Dont give up!!

PM me their numbers, the ex-model first, I'll see what I can do to help them.

I don't agree with your smart comment....the OP is looking for novel ways of meeting different people, outside of his normal social circle. While hill walking and book clubs might not be to your taste, they may well yield exactly what the OP is looking for.

Back