No issue and I could see the first act, the female group, being a big draw as an opening act. I was a bit surprised how far down they were in the voting. They spent big on their attire too with the matching suits and hats.I hope they get enough gigs to get a return on their outlay. The lads all seemed to feature tees and jeans.
Another oddity, was there a sale in Takemine guitars down the road in the Donnybrook branch of Guitars 'R Us or up in Stillorgan? Apart from the wonderfully personable Paddy the banjo player and the female three-some, all the performers used the same brand of guitars. Gibsons beyond their reach at this stage maybe? Some beautiful looking instruments though, including the spectacularly decorated one played by the lad who did the Garth Brooks song.
We're abrim with musical talent thankfully and my oldest granddaughter is making great progress with her concertina, to the extent that since Christmas-time, her Mammy has dusted off her tin-whistles and they now practices the new tunes together. There's a great old buzz in making music together. At Easter they copied some of their music for me to learn. To prove you can teach an old dog new tricks, the terrier is making great progress with them.
I think RTE missed an opportunity to ramp up the text voting numbers and revenue; a pair of concert tickets to Shania's concert for one of the voters who picked the winning act wouldn't have gone astray. But hey, what do I know?
Another oddity, was there a sale in Takemine guitars down the road in the Donnybrook branch of Guitars 'R Us or up in Stillorgan? Apart from the wonderfully personable Paddy the banjo player and the female three-some, all the performers used the same brand of guitars. Gibsons beyond their reach at this stage maybe? Some beautiful looking instruments though, including the spectacularly decorated one played by the lad who did the Garth Brooks song.
We're abrim with musical talent thankfully and my oldest granddaughter is making great progress with her concertina, to the extent that since Christmas-time, her Mammy has dusted off her tin-whistles and they now practices the new tunes together. There's a great old buzz in making music together. At Easter they copied some of their music for me to learn. To prove you can teach an old dog new tricks, the terrier is making great progress with them.
I think RTE missed an opportunity to ramp up the text voting numbers and revenue; a pair of concert tickets to Shania's concert for one of the voters who picked the winning act wouldn't have gone astray. But hey, what do I know?