What are we watching on TV?

Apart from Downton Abbey my Christmas highlights will be:

Outnumbered
The Borrowers
Ab Fab
Poirot

This month the plan is:

Hell on Wheels, Series One is nearly over
Colm Meaney is in it as well the beautiful Dominique McElligott. So Ireland well represented

Spartacus starts at the end of the month.

Luck from HBO seems decent. Episode Two at the end of the month

I'm working through The Good Wife, it's ok

Lost interest in Spooks when they got rid of Matthew MacFadyen, I don't like this new guy at all

And since I watch period dramas there's an old one on youtube called When the boat comes in. Set in the North of England after WWI. Deals a lot with poverty, land fit for heroes, Catholic Church imposing their will and there are also soldiers getting good pay with the Black N'Tans so they sign up. Interesting

A young Tony Doyle is in it as the priest

Ah, I'd forgotton about Homeland

Episode One is already leaked, saw it last week

Looks quality and it's perfectly setup for Episode Two

Starts on RTE2 Friday 9:30 ish.

Possibly the best new US TV drama of 2011 and RTE pitch it against the Late Late Show :rolleyes:.

I'm up to episode 6 and it's good. Over the Christmas holiday, I watched Stardust with the kids and kept expecting the Claire Danes character to slip into her Homeland one :eek:. And for Charlie Cox to slip into his Boardwalk Empire one ;) !

I watched the American version of The Killing and while it started well I was less then impressed

And it's done desperate things for Seattle's tourist industry, always dark, gloomy and pouring rain :p

I've heard the Danish version was better but I don't realy watch the same series all over again

Currently getting through The Good Wife, it's a legal drama from CBS
Pretty good, would recommend

Southland, the TV cop show is back this month too

Superb start to SouthLAnd Season Four, best cop show on TV right now

Saw Birdsong from BBC which of course is available in all the usual places ;)
Beautifully shot and directed but wasn't mad about it. Very little dialogue but lots of long shots of Eddie Redmayne staring dreamily into the distance. One for the lady viewers I think

As for the lads, Spartacus Vengence has kicked up the gore and violence to a whole other level, people get sliced open and threatend with torture, oh yeah :D

Watched Call the Midwife which was excellent and a big succuss. They've commissioned more episodes but I think it's a few months before they'll be completed.
Everyone talking about the comedian who played Nurse Chummy. I never heard of her before, is she famous? :confused:

Also started into Sherlock Holmes, it came out last August but I'm only seeing it now. Script is sharp, witty and clever, love it, great show

Just on that note, Benedict Cumberbatch is in The Last Enemy, I've watched one episode out of five. BBC show, about three years old and he plays a brilliant mathematican called in to work on a big brother style national database that can track everyone. Very, very interesting. Was wondering about the accent of the Junior Minister, hah she's from Bray

Superb start to Copland Season Four, best cop show on TV right now

Do you mean Southland, or SouthLAnd ?

Also started into Sherlock Holmes, it came out last August but I'm only seeing it now. Script is sharp, witty and clever, love it, great show

Being pedantic .. Season 1 (3 episodes) was last Summer, and Season 2 (3 episodes) was earlier this month. The Hobbit suspended filming, allowing both Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch to work on Season 2.

BTW - finished Homeland at the weekend. If you're watching in on RTE2 (Friday), stick with it - it's worth it.

You're right, Copland was a Stallone film, my mistake

As for Sherlock Holmes last summer, well the first episode was in the last week of July and the next two were in August.
Not sure what the correction is for, I get these off the internet, not watching them live on BBC

Shows are usually over well over by the time I watch them
It's the best way, watch them all in one go :)

Loved season 2 of Sherlock Holmes but missed Season 1 - where on t'internet do ye get them micmclo?

Not sure what the correction is for

Cos I'm a pedant :p !

Just to distinguish that there are 6 episodes out there, not just the 3 that were screened in July/August.

House resumed last night after it's mid-season hiatus.

Alcatraz started last week and got some good reviews, but it's creative links to Lost leave me wary of it.

The Walking Dead resumes 12 Feb, and Mad Men on 25 March.

Then Game of Thrones in April.

Ah here now Ceist Beag, I can't post that up, that realy is a Ceist Mór

The mods would slap me down :eek:
I've enough infractions as it is

That reminds me, when AAM crashed it knocked back my postcount and history but saved all my infractions :rolleyes:
No love and forgiveness and clean slates on AAM it seems :(

Of course if I went to google and wanted a site to let me watch this I might find something on the first result ;):)

Ah yes

Well good weather in Dublin this week, it's a real "hot spot", I might need sun screen as a "shield"

I might put those three words into google to see what to get ;)

It makes me invisible to the Brits, powerful stuff that sunscreen :cool:

The mods would slap me down

I understand that this topic should not be discussed in detail on AAM, but I did a short search on the Posting Guidelines and did not see where it is specifically mentioned.

Does a method for watching BBC iPlayer from this country fall under this heading ? Does that count as copyright infringement ?

Back