What are we watching on TV?

Pan Am is very good on monday, well for fashion and make up anyway.

I think holby city is a good reliable at the moment.

Love Hate on RTE

The Frontline on RTE

Have I got news for you BBC

Frozen Planet BBC

Temple Street hosp TV3

Criminal Minds SKY

any of the reruns of CSI and Cold Case and Law and Order SVU

Last edited:
Community

I watched it when it started and thought 'Meh'. I've since read good things about it (currently in season 3) and decided to give it another chance.

I think thats now cancelled: [broken link removed]

Boss, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire are all finished :(

At least Spartacus starts next month

Homeland has one more to go ;). The replacement in the HBO Sunday night schedule for Boardwalk Empire was 'sneak-peeked' on Sunday.

It's called Luck, is based around the horse racing industry, and stars Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte. It's made by the guy who made Deadwood, and Michael Mann is involved too. With that line-up it can only be good. Unless it isn't :eek:.

Another gem I missed first time around was Luther, it's a BBC production
And available in all the usual places ;)

It's a great show, I was impressed by Stringer Bell's English accent!
Only later did I find out he was actually English

He plays a police officer on a special taskforce, it's realy good

Plus the second series ends with this great song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30U1-5-k1P4

Check it out :cool:

Lately i have been watching Assassins Creed with an intriguing character called Ezio, also catching up on Frozen Planet and Lifes Too Short.

Last edited:
We may need a new thread to rant about how bad Christmas TV is last/this/next year and how there's no Bond movie or no Wallace & Gromit or no Great Escape or no It's a Wonderful Life.

From what I've seen, the line-ups are no better or no worse than other years. 75% of people in my house (guess who's the 25% ;) !) will want to watch the Doctor Who special, 0% will want to watch Downton Abbey and (a different) 25% will want to watch the new AbFab.

I hope the Christmas Outnumbered is netter than the most recent series, but I'm keeping expectations low.

Time to load up the USB stick and sit back. I'm compiling a list of classic Christmas episodes of TV series we like & then choose from one of the many unwatched films we have to hand. Or one of the box-sets under the tree.

What? No Bond film? For shame RTÉ, for shame

I'll head off now and get the RTÉ guide, I only buy it once a year.

In that case look forward to Great Expectations on BBC over Christmas
Gillian Anderson is in it, bit of info here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...play-Miss-Havisham-in-Great-Expectations.html

And if you like that sort of thing, check out Bleak House, Anderson is in that also. Charles Dance too, a great cast
All up on youtube. A few hours great viewing

There are a few others on youtube
Catherine Cookson's The Girl and The Cinder Path

We may need a new thread to rant about how bad Christmas TV is last/this/next year and how there's no Bond movie or no Wallace & Gromit or no Great Escape or no It's a Wonderful Life.

Just to be clear - I was not suggesting that those programmes are not on TV this year. Just that these tend to be the programmes cited when people are commenting on Christmas TV.

Back