Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - salary didn't go in! But as I have money in my account it did take a debit for phone credit yesterday - WHAT???
That's it, when this sorted I'm going to change to my credit union debit card. How difficult is it to change accounts regarding getting direct debits ect. transfered?

I'm still owed my salary from last week and as I thought today's hasn't gone in either. So that's 2 weeks salary I'm now owed yet debit transactions are showing up straight away.

I emailed UPC to ask what happens if the d/d due isn't paid - they responed by saying that they are assuming that payments are going thru. In fairness to them after all the stick they have taken - and rightly so in many cases - they're being helpful.

I lodged a cheque today and it hasn't appeared in my account and probably wont start the clearing cycle until they get the finger out....
You lodged a cheque knowing the difficulties which they are experiencing ? :rolleyes:

You lodged a cheque knowing the difficulties which they are experiencing ? :rolleyes:

I had to lodge it somewhere. The cheque was crossed. Either that or open a new account, which in hindsight would take less time - given the length of time the Bank are taking to resolve a "software" glitch.

Day 11 of the Ulster problems. (10 by RTE's mis count)

Ulster are telling the media:

The bank has said that "the bulk" of salary payments are up-to-date,

I know several people who have still not got their salary. This statement also fails to talk about non-salary payments.

This follows criticism from the Central Bank, which in a statement last night said the continuing delays in resolving failures in the bank's payment system was "unacceptable".

Agreed. Not having banking systems back up after 11 days is a serious issue.

Sunday opening happening again ...

The bank said 60 branches will open tomorrow, 22 will open on Sunday, while 80 have extended opening hours.

I transferred money from my UB account to my MBNA credit card on 20th June through the iPhone App.

The money hit MBNA yesterday, so thats a sign of where they are in terms of processing payments.

Throughout all of this i have been able to use my UB debit card in shops, Aldi, paying UPC, Meteor etc etc and of course at the ATM machine twice now. I have also been able to withdraw money from the branch to buy a car (€7000).

Online account doesnt show my wages as of hitting the account, but i certainly can use the funds in there as if they did.

Just as a matter of interest, was that 7k in the account for you to withdraw or was it a trasnfer from another account into there which had not shown up online but was visible to the staff in the branch ?

Salary now 8 days late going in. Child Benefit due in on Tuesday. Mortgage due end of next week. There's gonna be trouble ahead.

Ulster said today that the problems relate to payments up to 25 June 2012. This is clearly inaccurate, I know of payments that were sent yesterday from an Ulster Bank account that have not reached their destination.

And the Ulster Bank website has just gone down again.

This is intermittant due to the volume of people logging in to check accounts.
The website can only handle so many people at one time.

When metrics were set first day they never envisaged a situation like this where 1000s of people would be logging in at the one time.

From my own experience...

Salary -Not paid in (was supposed to be today)
Bills - Expected Gas and Electric to come out this week via direct debit, neither have done so
Debit card transactions - I haven't seen any come out for a while, I spent money on the card on Monday and it hasn't appeared yet.
Cash withdrawals - I took money out of an ATM today and it was registered as withdrawn online within an hour.
Online payments - Just can't do this.

From my own experience...

Salary -Not paid in (was supposed to be today)
Bills - Expected Gas and Electric to come out this week via direct debit, neither have done so
Debit card transactions - I haven't seen any come out for a while, I spent money on the card on Monday and it hasn't appeared yet.
Cash withdrawals - I took money out of an ATM today and it was registered as withdrawn online within an hour.
Online payments - Just can't do this.

Same here - but I can move money via Internet banking between my Ulsterbank accounts (savings / current, all of them visible in the internet banking) immediately

Same here - but I can move money via Internet banking between my Ulsterbank accounts (savings / current, all of them visible in the internet banking) immediately

same here,

but forthnightly wage due today not shown up.
A couple of withdrawals made 26/27th showing up.

Seems like their slowly *cough* processing the backlog and getting near the top/real time.

I'll stay with them for the fee free banking while that lasts and hope lessons have been learned.

no wages in for two weeks, could always use the internet banking, none of my direct debits have left, including ulster bank mortgage, atm transactions shown up. when this is sorted probably best place to have money as they wont want this again. wonder what the true story is. allegedly fixed the problem in a day, but the backlog seems enormous and inconsistentin been cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back