Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of multiple people who are still waiting for their salary.

I don't know how Ulster Bank can get away with telling RTE that "almost all" salary payments have been made. It appears to be a misleading statement.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056688895

Poll agrees with you too. The fact that some people are starting to see their salary hit is very good news and shows some progress, no matter how small.

RTE: Ulster Now Cannot Say When Systems Will Be Restored

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0702/ulster-bank-technology.html

Ulster Bank had said it cannot predict when normal service will resume for its customers.

It also said that it cannot commit to any timescale in terms of clearing the backlog in unprocessed payments.

In a statement this morning, the bank said there may be “some bumps along the road” as it sorts through its transaction backlog.

It said: “We target that customers should see their balances updating during the coming week.

“However, normal service will take some further time as our experience from dealing with the same issues in the UK suggests that there may be bumps along the road.”

I have not read the full thread so apologies if this has been answered - is anyone's account showing ATM withdrawals/debits which never happened? I think mine is.

I have not read the full thread so apologies if this has been answered - is anyone's account showing ATM withdrawals/debits which never happened? I think mine is.

Lots of people on boards commenting on similar happening. Most times the transactions disappear again a while later.
Keep records until all this is sorted out.

Check there is no typo with an amount due to you. It seems that all transactions are been input manually.

is there much hassle in transfering everything to another bank? i have 3 accounts with them no wages no direct debits or S/O's gone thru since the 22nd. I'm sick of this

Check there is no typo with an amount due to you. It seems that all transactions are been input manually.

Does anyone have confirmation for this? Doesn't make any sense to me that there would be a manual keying of transaction required or actually useful.

Does anyone have confirmation for this? Doesn't make any sense to me that there would be a manual keying of transaction required or actually useful.
They would have to do manual keying if they were unable to access previous backups. From what I have read on other forums a routine maintenance being done in their centre in Edinburgh went wrong and they lost data. When they tried to access the previous backup to hopefully add data manually and bring everything back up to date... they were unable to access the previous backup....

well considering when i was withdrawing money over the last 2 weeks, there has been no entries on the PC. just account numbers and figures wrote down on income/outcome books on the tellers desk.

Shocking that the government is sitting on its hands during this farce.

well considering when i was withdrawing money over the last 2 weeks, there has been no entries on the PC. just account numbers and figures wrote down on income/outcome books on the tellers desk.
Ok, thanks - teller transactions are of course manual.

Ulster Bank now can't predict when normal service will resume, or give a timescale.

[broken link removed]

I got the information directly from an Ulster Bank branch manager and also from Ulster customers. Also, the Sunday Times, today stated that there is confusion over what will be automatic refunds and what will not be.

How can interest be automatically sorted if they pay 0% on the current account and many customers would have wired the money on to a high interest account?

The problem is that interest is often negated interest by not having access to your funds for 2 weeks. Also, interest charges are often, with 3rd part banks, sometimes foreign banks.

Ulster Bank need to come out with a clear commitment to have:
  • Zero overdraft interest charges from 19 June to 15 July. Period.
  • Zero overdraft set up charges from 19 June to 15 July. Period.
  • Zero small loan charges from 19 June to 15 July. Period.
  • A 100% automatic refund of the monthly charge on UFirst accounts for June 2012 and July 2012.
  • A 100% automatic refund of the monthly charge on UFirst Gold accounts for June 2012 and July 2012.
  • A 100% automatic refund of the monthly charge on Private Current Accounts for June 2012 and July 2012.
  • A clear simple procedure for non-Ulster Bank customers to make claims against the bank for late payment.
  • A clear way to compensate customers for lost interest at saving account rates rather than zero rated current account rates.
Obviously not only UB customers are impacted by this debacle - other banks' customers are as well. As is the case for others my salary paid FROM a UB account (to my PTSB account) has still not materialised. Some people in this position will incur charges/fees/penalties with their own bank.

Absolutely. As I said, there needs to be a clear simple procedure for non-Ulster Bank customers to make claims against Ulster Bank for late payment.

KBC are been effected badly by this outage as well. KBC use Ulster Bank as their clearing broker.

Hence, a lot of lodgements into KBC accounts are not showing up on KBC or Ulster systems.

Shocking that the government is sitting on its hands during this farce.

Nothing shocking about it, sure the banks and the clowns in Government are best buddies and look out for everyone else and f uck the decent person in the street up. My account is all over the place. Yesterday I had about 200euro and today is showing 70euro but not showing any d/d having been debited. I also have a savings accounts, it is showing the 50 euro in the savings account been moved this week but nothing from last week, and still have not been paid for 2 weeks.

Appalling especially for the customers and businesses so badly affected :(

Exactly. It is totally outrageous that a system issue can go on for 14 days tomorrow (it started on Tuesday June 19) and could go on for another week. Customers, at this stage, would be totally justified, in ending their relationship with Ulster and switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back