Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the rte 9pm news tonight UB/RBS are considering paying compensation to their customers.

Also the Credit rating authority has said that it will give free info to UB customers about their credit rating and has requested UB not to process any negative rating that may have or could be attributed to this system failure but to hold off till sure.

I think personal customers need to have our own back up plan, e.g. instant walk in access to funds in another institution and never put all our eggs in one basket, old saying but very true.

I think personal customers need to have our own back up plan, e.g. instant walk in access to funds in another institution and never put all our eggs in one basket, old saying but very true.

+1.
Though, some people don't have a cent aside and rely on their weekly payment to go through.

It makes no sense to me as posted above than to close UB account now and move onto another bank...it's too late.

Due to be paid Last Thursday 21st June....Still not in the account.....and needless to say neither is this week's payment. I am now 2 weeks without access to my wages.

It makes no sense to me as posted above than to close UB account now and move onto another bank...it's too late.

If you are happy with the level of service you have recieved from UB over the last two weeks and think shure grand this is a once off,then fine,stay with them.

I as a customer am far from happy with it and will be closing all accounts as as soon as possible.

Not being able to access my money 2 weeks after being paid is a deal breaker for me when it comes to who I bank with but then again Im funny like that.

I was due to be paid last Friday and I still haven't got it yet. I'm due to get paid again tomorrow.

I'm lucky in that I had a good bit of money in my current account (nearly 3 weeks salary) but that money is dwindling.

I bought something in a shop yesterday and I took money out at an ATM this morning. Both of those debits have shown up straight away but my salary from last week is still not there :confused:

Their anytimebanking system is unavailable today, having been available for the last 4-5 days. They seem to be going backwards.

Not being able to access my money 2 weeks after being paid is a deal breaker for me when it comes to who I bank with but then again Im funny like that.

Can you not go into a bank with ID and withdraw the money?
I did in Ulster Bank Charlestown, and i took out €7,000 to buy a car the other day.

Their anytimebanking system is unavailable today, having been available for the last 4-5 days. They seem to be going backwards.

Maybe they shut it down to update it and it will be back up and running perfect then. (in a perfect world hopefully :))

Their anytimebanking system is unavailable today
Are you sure ? I just logged in a transferred money from one UB anline account to another with no problems. I also had no problems with ATMs for the last few days and got money through the cash back system in the local last night. You didn't just got to the warning page and assumed you could go no further ?

I too am in the "UB quagmire" and have all the issues that are being noted above (no salary paid, missed payments, deductions leaving my account but being received etc.) Also, just had an a conversation with a UB Bank manager regarding "Letter of Offer" and "drawdown" of an approved mortgage, Over the last 9 days this was supposed to be sorted and available at numerous dates (as informed to him by the Head Mortgage office) .......all dates/promises have been missed.....the bank Manager has admitted that he is now getting most of his updates through the media and has very little confidence in what is being done to sort this out. He is now clueless as to when i can drawdown the mortgage, i am told there is no way to manually generate a "Letter of Offer"....overall the situation seems to be in reverse as opposed to being sorted.....it's all a bit GUBU at this stage.

Day 10 of the Ulster Bank outage.

The Central Bank of Ireland have released a statement saying that are very concerned about how long this is taking to get resolved and the continuing delays.

Hopefully, the CBI are querying why RBS prioritised UK Natwest and RBS account resolution over Ulster Bank account resolution.

Some Bank???? is doing serious advertising looking for staff with preferably banking experience and data entry from manual systems for a week to week contract starting Monday, sound familiar??? Hopefully this will get the backlog fixed quickly.

Ulster Bank - Time to be sensible and rational

I've waited long enough, I lodged a cheque on June 21st and still no sign of it, I have online deposit accounts and my current account with U.B. and have lost all faith, IF their system collapses further and my online deposit balances disappear then I am screwed as I have no paper statements to prove they were there in the first place and no Govt guarantee will help me there.

Ok, so I thought don't worry, stay calm just get paper statements, well I'm just off the phone attempting to order paper statements via their Anytime telephone banking service to be told that is not possible due to their ongoing ' glitch '.

AAM is awash with multiple comments/ threads from persons who have shipped deposits overseas, well I didn't and boy would I feel thick(er) if I watched as the screen blinked and I had to fight to prove my deposits existed at all, I don't have the time for that.

I'm a customer since the early ' 80's and tomorrow I'm off to my Branch first thing to close all deposit accounts, it is just not worth the risk and why be complacant, believe me anything is possible right now within U.B., Their media updates are so far from accurate and this is such a technical matter the truth is there can be very few people around that know what the heck is going on and meantime the backlog continues each day.

Presume they tried Ctrl Alt Delete....and checked the fuse in the main computer plug / socket ...?, switch it off and back on again...?...that my friends it appears is the extend of the day to day I.T. within U.B. since the outsourcing..

Understand yours and everybodies else frustration. However, in my opinion the UB havE played a vital role in Irish banking in the past few years. Lets face it with the other two horsing around, and if the UB weren't there e wouldn't have had a banking system at all.

I'm with UB and in reality just put up with the matter. They have already made a public statement advising that nobody will be out of pocket.

But for what its worth, I'd say the UB are making preparations to exit Ireland. 84% owned by the Queen and unlikely to leg it with other persons money IMO.

Do you really think they would leave though? They would need to be able to sell the business to someone else, who could or would pay for it?

In reality who would want to buy a Bank that was based in this country. They will go down the route of damage limitation simple as that. As I already wrote earlier this week, the CB can do all the investigations and threats they want, If they had of taken half the amount of thought and diligence a number of years ago this country would not be in the mess we are all in. S let these idiots give out about UB -- at least they stood up and admitted they had a problem unlike the AIB or BoI who really could not tell the truth. So all, keep giving out about UB but we will see how smug you all are when there is no choice available !!

Ulster Bank are not doing enough to fix this. I lodged a cheque today and it hasn't appeared in my account and probably wont start the clearing cycle until they get the finger out....

I will be closing my account as have two friends already. As for us not having a banking system but for UB... I don't understand how you make that out.

The branch staff are also starting to show the cracks, I do feel sorry for them working 7 days - but I am more concerned about those who can not feed their families because of this glitch.

No rush on their part, their core business being in the UK is working now so they decide to look at the Irish banking 'glitch' - not good enough.

They obviously haven't time to key all the built up transactions and keep the branches going at the same time, presumably why they are advertising for experienced banking staff to start temp work next Monday.

Some Bank???? is doing serious advertising looking for staff with preferably banking experience and data entry from manual systems for a week to week contract starting Monday, sound familiar??? Hopefully this will get the backlog fixed quickly.

If that's the case then I cannot see this being fixed by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back