Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

@SaySomething did you have to wait long for the appeals pack? I had decided I was nt going to appeal but my husband feels we should as the compensation amount is so small and we had a really rough few years like alot of other people here. I requested the pack last week just in case. Also I received a breakdown of each repayment on the redress letter. Is there a more detailed breakdown of the calculations that they can give?
It took about 2 weeks to arrive. I think they said 10 days at the time?
All i got was the breakdown of the payments too. Nothing more. Which is why I'd like to see something more detailed.
I'd agree with your husband. It's a free bite of the cherry. You've nothing to lose at this stage.

Hi Folks, we got a cheque two months ago without the breakdown. They said end of June till that arrives. Anyone else in similar boat? I have a few issues with UB regarding other matters, pulling my hair out here, can anyone recommend a legal firm in Dublin that I could talk with.Am deeply unhappy in how they are behaving. Appreciate any response. thanks

@SaySomething did you have to wait long for the appeals pack? I had decided I was nt going to appeal but my husband feels we should as the compensation amount is so small and we had a really rough few years like alot of other people here. I requested the pack last week just in case. Also I received a breakdown of each repayment on the redress letter. Is there a more detailed breakdown of the calculations that they can give?

Did the UBIL provide you with the methodology employed by them, of how they arrived at each repayment within the redress letter? If not request same.

Did the UBIL provide you with the methodology employed by them, of how they arrived at each repayment within the redress letter? If not request same.
No Webster we only received a list of all the repayments for the period and what they should have been. No details about calculations. I am going to request that once I receive my appeals pack.

Hi Folks, we got a cheque two months ago without the breakdown. They said end of June till that arrives. Anyone else in similar boat? I have a few issues with UB regarding other matters, pulling my hair out here, can anyone recommend a legal firm in Dublin that I could talk with.Am deeply unhappy in how they are behaving. Appreciate any response. thanks
James we also received our cheque 2 months ago only got the breakdown this month. They will have to have it sent to you by next week fingers crossed.

Thanks Webster I have requested that as part of my appeal so that request has already been sent.

Did u maggs065? Delighted you've gotten this far. Were you happy? We had gotten tracker back in 2013 and got letter in Feb about redress and comp. Mortgage adjusted end March but nothing since. Just phoned UB as haven't in ages and he said letters going out this week so we'll have it by next week at latest and maybe before. Just want it done.

Yes, I was happy with compensation amount Karro. I got my tracker back in 2013 also. Hopefully you'll get your letter this week.

Ok last week of deadline? Will I get me letter outlining breakdown? I surely hope so. I have 4 different complaints in against UB and I can tell you it is incredibly frustrating, stressful and demoralising.

I was informed today by Ulster bank that my redress and compensation now won't be paid until the first two weeks in July. Suddenly this week they started mentioning July and all was confirmed to me earlier...Not Happy!!

I was informed today by Ulster bank that my redress and compensation now won't be paid until the first two weeks in July. Suddenly this week they started mentioning July and all was confirmed to me earlier...Not Happy!!
That is dreadful, I cannot understand how they are getting away with this

Still no letter to explain breakdown. Ringing now to formally complain. June deadline has come and gone. They have some neck.

Absolutely heartbroken, just called the helpline to be told that there is nothing new to report on my case. Most of the cars will be sorted by the end of July but A small number of cases will go on longer. In tears here.

Central Bank still investigating them to see if there are more "impacted" customers than they are admitting to.

Central Bank still investigating them to see if there are more "impacted" customers than they are admitting to.

Wonder if CB update is imminent. At recent Finance Committee Ulster appeared to deny they were still in dispute with CB❓

I've been battling with the bank for 3.5 years now to get tracker back - finally got it reinstated and received cheque at the beginning of April. The letter at that time said that a full breakdown would arrive within weeks but here we are, three months later, end of June has been and gone, and still nothing. I'll definitely be appealing as they didn't return us to the situation we would have been in had this fiasco not occurred - which is what I understand the Central Bank directed the banks to do.

Still in feckin limbo.

I've been battling with the bank for 3.5 years now to get tracker back - finally got it reinstated and received cheque at the beginning of April. The letter at that time said that a full breakdown would arrive within weeks but here we are, three months later, end of June has been and gone, and still nothing. I'll definitely be appealing as they didn't return us to the situation we would have been in had this fiasco not occurred - which is what I understand the Central Bank directed the banks to do.

Still in feckin limbo.
Bluesky

We also got cheque in April and got breakdown letter end May at which time our account was then redressed. Our repayment also dropped and the new amount was then collected by DD for June. What happened to the end June deadline?

On another note the saga continues, We are now getting arrears letters for the difference between our old Dd and new Dd and have been waiting 2 weeks now for someone to get back to me. They are just unreal to deal with its actually the most frustrating situation ever.

I hope everyone gets sorted very soon.

Back