Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

After over a year of waiting got a call this morning to say letter and cheque are being processed at present. Should be with us in the next week...... believe it when I see it
Thats great news deenie. So glad to hear you are finally getting sorted.

After over a year of waiting got a call this morning to say letter and cheque are being processed at present. Should be with us in the next week...... believe it when I see it
Delighted for you, have been checking here regularly to see if you had been sorted. I'm sure you'll agree a very very stressful time, you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you receive your pack, best of luck

Hey just a general question for those who have got their redress is majority taken off your mortgage amount and then compensation sent to you by Cheque ? Just deemed impacted and trying to get my head around what will happen next ....not sure what way ub do it

Thank you @Bel18
I won’t believe it till I see it, but yes I am thrilled to think this saga is coming to an end at last.

Thanks @Lizzie007. Ive only complaimed since February this year and on the 60 day letters ( probably get another next week ). Just very frustrating they can't even tell me I'm impacted as even that would be some sort of relief.

I contacted Finance Committee and almost 2 weeks later no decision from UB. Had call today from mobile of head of Tracker team advising still being looked at and hoping for decision next week. He advised they are still being pushed by CB

Wondering anybody else similar.

Hi @Banking17 .. I got the same call today too from MMC... said my account is going through a vigorous review and they would be back to me next week. He also mentioned CB to me.. please God we get good news, in fairness my case isn’t straight forward I applied for a top up in Sept 08 and what they done was a whole new mortgage old (which was on ecb + 0.95%) plus the top up and put me on a variable rate and took me off the tracker....

I received another 60 day letter today. Anyone got any tips/experience to try and get this moving quicker?

I think its important all of us still in limbo continue to inform Central Bank. Numbers
awaiting decision seem to be significant.

I suggest also advising Finance Committee of dreadful delay.

So finally got my redress and compensation, figures as expected even tough the compensation amount is a joke!

I take it that everyone got a form to sign confirming that you want your tracker rate which I think is another attempt at UB trying to be underhanded. It’s the t&c’s on the form I have a problem with.

I was always entitled to a tracker, got it back and now they want me to sign a form confirming I want the rate but with sneaky conditions.

I can’t believe the central bank allowed this!

Yes I was deemed impacted on my top up loan last year but have heard nothing since. I am also a old first active account. I've started to ring the help line and get the same answer their very robotic can tell they are reading from a script. Fingers crossed I get some information before September but I'm not hopefull.

Hi all just wanted to check about the letter that people are getting to sign to keep tracker rate. We did not get this letter with our redress letter. I did phone up and they said it would come in due course that was 2 months ago. How long do you have to return it to keep the rate?

6 months but I’d fight this. It’s an underhanded tactic to get you to agree to new terms. You were always entitled to the tracker so why should you need to sign this? I’ll confirm by letter but I don’t want to sign up to new terms some of which are again very vague

Ok told at the start of June we would have breakdown of figure/compensation by end of July. No such thing. FFs. These guys know how to play people and can get away with it.

Last edited:
Hi we only received a letter last month saying we were on the wrong interest rate with 11years what happens now thanks

I'm one of FA customers who got the call from MMC, just wondering if others had recieved the letter he said was on the way confirming impact? He told me to expect it in July but so far I've not received anything.

Back