Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

Thanks Bel. Still in shock to be honest. I only rang yesterday and they told me there was no adjustment to my account! Apparently its going to be a month or so before they will advise what the adjustment to my account will be. Bit of a strange way of doing it. There was just a one page letter with my cheque, no figures or anything.
I rang them yesterday too, was told the same! Very strange way of doing things alright! But sure we shouldn't be surprised I suppose!!!

I would say they are doing this to get their numbers up by end of March so they reach their deadline. I am delighted for you all. Mine has all gone into school fees and just got Easter reports back and not a happy bunny .

Has anyone got compensation/ redress if sold the property but impacted? We were sent letter in Feb 17...I think unfortunately as I'm no longer a Ulster customer we will have to wait until June :(

Hi guys, just letting you know I called the helpline this morning and they confirmed my letter and cheque are on the way!!! It's part of my redress (but the bulk of it) anything else I'm due will be paid after June. I'm in absolute shock and feel like the weight of the world has been lifted. Thanks be to God things are starting to happen for us all. Hang on in those of you who are still waiting you're almost there!

Hey, Last month I got my redress letter. Cheque and Mortgage figure received. I sent off for the compensation forms (might as well) and the letter to remain on the current tracker rate. Should I now seek legal advice as how to proceed? I'm not sure if I have grounds in that I never missed a payment or went into arrears etc. It was tough but I tried my best to keep it going. For the first time in over 10 years though I will now not have to go into my overdraft. I'm wondering would I ever have grounds for appeal or how would you proceed. I know a lot of people have suffered way more than I so just wondering if anyone in similar situation as myself and are considering further compensation and on what grounds. Thanks.

Last edited:
Great news Bel18 glad to hear things are moving for you.

Collon12 do you mind me asking did you get a breakdown of all the different amounts? I just got a cheque so I dont know what was compensation, overpayments etc

Hi gang, my account was adjusted on 27th March and the registered letter arrived this morning with a cheque. Scant on detail, we'll have to wait to see how the payment breaks down when they send the detailed letter, which they say they will send 'in the coming weeks'.
On the one hand, I am hugely relieved to be one step further along the road here. I've been dealing directly and indirectly with UB about this matter for over three years and finally have some money back. But, I'm desperately disappointed that they have not done what they were supposed to do and restored our account to the position we were in when they began to overcharge us in 2010. This is what the Central Bank directed them to do. We ploughed our entire savings account into this mortgage account in order to reduce repayments and be able to keep on top of the mortgage. If they had restored us to the financial position we were in in 2010, they would have given us our savings back. So....... on to the next battle.

Hi all,

I received €20k chq this morning! Wasn’t expecting that much (obviously did my calculations wrong) but was disappointed with the compensation amount.

It outlines €17.2k was overpaid in interest and the compo for that is €2,119! Which is 12%...
It really seems like a small figure to me in the whole scheme of things?(BTW I understand I can appeal)

I remortgaged in Dec 2016 so no adjustments etc to mtg account in my case...

Hi all,

I received €20k chq this morning! Wasn’t expecting that much (obviously did my calculations wrong) but was disappointed with the compensation amount.

It outlines €17.2k was overpaid in interest and the compo for that is €2,119! Which is 12%...
It really seems like a small figure to me in the whole scheme of things?(BTW I understand I can appeal)

I remortgaged in Dec 2016 so no adjustments etc to mtg account in my case...
congrats @Castaway , can you let us know what was your mortgage situation? Where you on tracker initially?

Tracker initially, then fixed until 2012, then put on standard variable.

I have just read the accompanying FAQ booklet. It has raised perhaps a new entitlement for me... can anyone comment on the following!

I remortgaged in 2016 with UB again... reason - removing ex partner from mortgage & title deeds.

Could I perhaps be entitled to the tracker rate I have on my new mortgage since 2016? The FAQ booklet keeps referring to new mortgage applications for assessment/eligibility of tracker mortgage....

Back